Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perkins & Suzuki named All Stars

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 493 Times in 288 Posts
    I can't believe the A.L. team isn't carrying 13 pitchers.

2. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

curt1965 (07-07-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unhappy about Dozier's snub. Unfortunate. Zuke and Perkins deserved it though, hard to argue there. Maybe someone will drop out last minute. Voted for Morneau... would love it if he made it back home for the game...

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kinsler didn't make the ASG?

What. The. Hell.

Fan voting needs to stop. It's embarrassing. I was upset that Dozier didn't make it until I realized that Kinsler didn't make it, either.

What. The. Hell.

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    I wanted to see Dozier make the AS team but I don't see his non-selection as a snub. There were just a lot of players who were worthy at 2nd base. You do have to consider position.

The AL has a group of really good 2B men right now. Enjoy their play and hope it continues and we get to see a different set of them next year.

(But fan voting is unfortunate in that it allows certain markets to dominate player selection. That being said, I'm off to vote Morneau a few more times.)

Edit: One other thing. We've gotten to see a lot of nice national articles about Dozier -- the season he was having and whether he should be selected. That has value in building him up for future years.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pedroia didn't make it either (big rep, less than stellar stats this year). With the AL only bringing two 2B, I'm not putting Dozier in the "snub" category. I don't have much problem with fan voting, especially since it is backed up by a players' vote. Sure, Jeter didn't perform well enough to be an All-Star this year, but he's a first ballot HoFer with no black marks against him. I think I saw that Encarnacion of the Blue Jays would miss the game, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are as many as a half dozen more that were elected or selected that will miss the game.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 672 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Kinsler didn't make the ASG?

What. The. Hell.

Fan voting needs to stop. It's embarrassing. I was upset that Dozier didn't make it until I realized that Kinsler didn't make it, either.

What. The. Hell.
    Don't even look at 2B in the NL then. There are 5-6 guys better than all three that made it from that league.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Not to mention I think the NL has 5 RPs.......and is missing several great starters.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I have a hard time believing that being voted to an All-Star game increases your value. It changes nothing.
    Matt.Capps.jpg

10. These 3 users like Fatt Crapps's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), drunksam (07-07-2014), snepp (07-07-2014)

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Awesome that Perkins gets to pitch in front of his home town and just as awesome that a guy like Suzuki gets a deserving nod, chances are he won't get another all star appearance so it's a cool story that he will get to soak this all in. Give that to me over a guy just "showing up and going through the motions" year after year.

Lot of first time guys.

Hopefully Morneau makes it as well, that standing ovation would be awesome and well deserved.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 516 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    touché.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to Zuke

on "framing" the strikiest called ball of the 1st half

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12