Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/6): Buxton's Back

Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not to minimize the ongoing Nolasco Fiasco, only (only?) 6 of the 9 runs were his. The Twins would have won that game 7-6 if Swarzak would have offered relief and not given up 3 earned in 3 innings. The runs that scored with Swarzak on the mound were the winning runs for the Yankees.
    Jorge Polanco sure seems like one that should be promoted as soon as possible. He cameo on the Twins, and his performance since he has been back in Fort Meyers is certainly deserving. I hate to see anyone held back because of age. It really seems the most irrelevant factor of all.
    Last edited by h2oface; 07-07-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I see that Kennys Vargas is not listed on NB roster and has been listed in the transactions as "Inactive". Is he headed to Rochester (AAA) before the Futures Game?
    Need more information on this.

Liked 1,267 Times in 732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I see that Kennys Vargas is not listed on NB roster and has been listed in the transactions as "Inactive". Is he headed to Rochester (AAA) before the Futures Game?
    He's on his way home. Wife is having a baby.

Liked 1,267 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h2oface View Post
    Jorge Polanco sure seems like one that should be promoted as soon as possible. He cameo on the Twins, and his performance since he has been back in Fort Meyers is certainly deserving. I hate to see anyone held back because of age. It really seems the most irrelevant factor of all.
    He may get a promotion to AA, and with a good performance through the rest of the year, a September call up and an opportunity to earn a spot coming out of spring training. I don't expect to see him in the majors again this year

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naobermiller View Post
    Need more information on this.
    Sounds like he's headed back to Puerto Rico to be a new daddy.

Ninja'd.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    He's on his way home. Wife is having a baby.
    Much better news than the "he got traded" scenario that was running through my head.

Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Wait, so now something's wrong with Buxton's back?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Buh-dump-bump...
    That was my first thought, too, when I saw the headline. Then I saw it was just Seth trying to give us all heart attacks.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was at the Kernels game for this one, the night before too. Engelb Vielma was my favorite to watch. he crushed a triple to RF corner on Saturday, and has a great arm at short. He is tiny. Unfortunately, he came out of the game on Sunday after a strange collision with JD Williams in left field. It looked like he was holding his head. If anyone has an update on his status, that would be nice to know. It seemed like the offense really lost a spark when he came out of the lineup.

JD Williams sure has been at low A for a long time now, and he didn't look good at the plate at all over the two games I saw. He finally got a hit late on Sunday, and that collision in the outfield with Vielma was on him. It would be nice to see him earn a promotion sooner than later, but things didn't look good this weekend and his avg sits at the Mendoza line...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Morley View Post
    I was at the Kernels game for this one, the night before too. Engelb Vielma was my favorite to watch. he crushed a triple to RF corner on Saturday, and has a great arm at short. He is tiny. Unfortunately, he came out of the game on Sunday after a strange collision with JD Williams in left field. It looked like he was holding his head. If anyone has an update on his status, that would be nice to know.
    Jake Mauer said after the game that he expected Vielma would have to sit out a week, the standard 7-day DL requirement for anyone with a head injury.

Nothing official, that I'm aware of, as of Monday night, however. Kernels had an off-day today.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

It is not lost on me that the title is "Buxton's Back" with a picture of Buxtons back, very clever.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 371 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
    It is not lost on me that the title is "Buxton's Back" with a picture of Buxtons back, very clever.
    Thank you for noticing!! Ha!

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh snap! Now the Miracle is rained out tonight. When can I get my Buxton fix!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Buxton's hitless in his first three games after returning. One BB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12