Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America: Midseason Top 50 Prospects (5 Twins!)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Baseball America: Midseason Top 50 Prospects (5 Twins!)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...nock-buxton-1/

It's a pay-article, but we know that five Twins prospects appear in Baseball America's Midseason Top 50 Prospect list.

Byron Buxton remains #1.
    Miguel Sano is #9.
    JO Berrios is #27.
    Kohl Stewart is #30.
    Alex Meyer is #32.

And Nick Gordon is listed as one to watch.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,606 Times in 833 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Three pitchers between 27-32?

Holy crap. That's impressive.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Wow, who would have thought that Meyer would be our #3 pitcher and still ranked #32 overall? Personally, I think the Berrios rating is too high (for reasons in the numerous Berrios threads) but it's a bold ranking and I'm sure the people at BA know a lot more about it than I do. Really exciting to see.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    Hard not to get excited about the state of the organization.

C'mon trickle up!

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 825 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow on Berrios. I'm more impressed that even with the Sano/Buxton injuries, this team is in great shape long term. I'd be curious who would round out their top 100... I'd think Rosario, Thorpe, May, Santana, Polanco, and Vargas might have a shot.

Senior Member All-Star
    BP put out their top 50 midseason as well but it's behind a pay wall so I don't know who/if any Twins were ranked (well, I know some were ranked). http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...commentMessage

According to the comments, 4 Cubs are in the top 20.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries

thanks seth

how many were there in the "others to watch" section

10 names? Nick Gordon is top 60 !

Cubs #1 , Twins #2 or #3
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    BP put out their top 50 midseason as well but it's behind a pay wall so I don't know who/if any Twins were ranked (well, I know some were ranked). http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...commentMessage

Buxton - #1
    Meyer - #12
    Sano - #16
    Stewart - #27
    Berrios - #41

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post

5 Twins on the list.

1. Buxton
    12. Meyer
    16. Sano
    27. Stewart
    41. Berrios

The article states that if Berrios doesn't tire at the end of this season, he'll be higher on their 101 in the offseason. Gordon is listed as one to watch on this list as well. They are very high on Meyer, noting that he's throwing more strikes and locating them lower in the zone.

Sorry for the concurrent info as well.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

10. This user likes Brad Swanson's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (07-07-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These guys are all inching closer to the twins. I'm guessing the twins will have another good draft pick next year so hopefully they continue to add talent. As much as I like what dozier has done, he will likely be past his prime when these guys get acclimated to mlb. He could be a nice trade piece to add more talent to come behind this group.

The twins should have some payroll flexibility in coming years too. No reason to think they couldn't add a big bat to fill a hole if needed.

12. This user likes Badsmerf's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

beckmt (07-07-2014)

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    Happy to see the prospects rated well.

WAITING to see when and how well they transition to the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    FSL Top Prospect Cards are in - great chance to get Berrios and Polanco cards at this level. Great seasons for both. Polanco will warrant higher ranking by seasons end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fort-Myers-M...item1c421e277a

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I would doubt that Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago combined have 5 prospects in the top 50. KC will likely be a force, but the future looks pretty bright in the division for the Twins.

16. This user likes birdwatcher's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (07-07-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 89 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    These guys are all inching closer to the twins. I'm guessing the twins will have another good draft pick next year so hopefully they continue to add talent. As much as I like what dozier has done, he will likely be past his prime when these guys get acclimated to mlb. He could be a nice trade piece to add more talent to come behind this group.

The twins should have some payroll flexibility in coming years too. No reason to think they couldn't add a big bat to fill a hole if needed.
    I love Dozier but I agree with you here. I have a feeling two or three of Polanco, Gordon, Santana, and Vielma will make him expendable. Santana is already here, Polanco and Gordon seem like fairly safe bets to at least make it to the Majors, and Vielma is a really talented wild card who I think flies under the radar here at times.

Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    with 3 starting pitchers in the top 50 makes me like the odds that at least 1 of them will pan out.

Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    with 3 starting pitchers in the top 50 makes me like the odds that at least 1 of them will pan out.

Also when is Seth going to do his top 50 prospect update midseason version? That's usually a good read.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    That's without May, Vargas, Polanco, Rosario, Santana or Pinto. Our upper minors are downright scary. Add Thorpe, Gonsalves, Kepler, and Gordon. There's a dozen guys who could be garner top-100 consideration during the offseason.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Berrios can duplicate his FSL success in the Eastern League, I expect we'll see him high on a LOT of lists next spring

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    If Berrios can duplicate his FSL success in the Eastern League, I expect we'll see him high on a LOT of lists next spring
    Yep, I'm excited to see how he does in AA. Jason Parks at BP is having a chat and defended Berrios' delivery against KLaw:
    Jason Parks on the Top 50: We have put eyes on him this season and movement wasn't an issue with his fastball. This is why seeing players in person is so vital when forming and propagating scouting opinion. Here's a good (free) report on Berrios from Jeff Moore: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pr...p?reportid=105
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ch...1404750495#new

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    That's without May, Vargas, Polanco, Rosario, Santana or Pinto. Our upper minors are downright scary. Add Thorpe, Gonsalves, Kepler, and Gordon. There's a dozen guys who could be garner top-100 consideration during the offseason.
    That's what makes this farm system even more exciting. A year or 2 ago there was a lot of promise at the lower minors, but you had to kind of reserve your excitement for guys that are so far away. Now with them showing success at AA/AAA, the future is looking better than ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast