Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Mariners, 7/7 @ 9:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Mariners, 7/7 @ 9:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 75.

TWINS:
    SP, Correia

Dozier 2B
    Escobar SS
    Plouffe 3B
    Morales 1B
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Colabello DH
    Fuld CF
    Fryer C

Mariners:
    SP, Iwakuma

Saunders RF
    Jones CF
    Cano 2B
    Hart DH
    Seager 3B
    Morrison 1B
    Zunino C
    Ackley LF
    Miller SS

--------------------------

Brian is back home and thankfully did not crash while on the road yesterday, so thoughts will be up shortly.
    --------------------------------------------
    While Driving through Wisconsin we did not crash at all. Although I was able to point out to my kids the places where others did. Wisconsin is a popular spot for crashing. As we drove down the interstate I was able to say... Just south of here... Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed in a helicopter crashed... Flew right into a hill side that looked just like those hills off in the distance... Over to the left is Madison Wisconsin... That's where Otis Redding's airplane crashed into Lake Monoma. If you keep going South and West... There's Iowa and that's where Buddy Holly was killed in a plane crash. If you keep going south... You got Ricky Nelson in Texas... Jim Croce in Louisana, Ronnie Van Zant in Mississippi and Randi Rhoads in Florida. The kids thought it was a nice to not be flying in Wisconsin. I was able to tell them that when he get across into Minnesota... I'll show them where Herb Brooks was killed in a car crash. They stopped looking at their Iphones for awhile and started watching for oncoming traffic.

Things to think About:

1. Seattle -- When people from the State of Washington say they are from Washington... Everybody assumes that they are from Washington DC and people from Seattle, Spokane and everywhere in between have just learned to roll with it and have stopped trying to correct it. There was a time when Seattle was known as collection of lumberjacks... Then it became known as the Home of Boeing... Then it became known as the software capitol of the world with Microsoft... Then it became known as the Home of Starbucks... Then it became known as the cradle of the Grunge Movement and finally today it is known as "The City that gets rained on constantly while under constant threat of Volcanic Eruption and Pacific Tsunami or simply getting swallowed up by massive tectonic plates that comprise the ring of fire." This new city slogan makes for a long bumper sticker and the artwork will blow you away. Anywhere that you go in Seattle... You see the top of Mt. Rainier hanging over the city like a moon. You try to look down just to avoid seeing it and there it is on the license plates of cars. You Look to the west... There it is... You look to the North... There it is... You look to the South... There it is... You look to the East... There it is. Seattle is also home to the famed Pike Place Market and it is a very impressive market and worth the trip... At the Pike Place Fish Market... Employees throw fish back and forth to each other for the entertainment of all. I was able to anticipate one of the fish tosses as I ran across for a clean interception of a three foot salmon... They didn't like that at all... Especially after I spiked it... My touchdown dance seemed to entertain the crowd... But they still didn't like it. Apparently... You must be an employee to play with the fish in this fashion.

2. The Mariners -- Seattle has been my team to watch for in the coming years. It turns out... They might be the team watch right now. If the season ended today... The Mariners would be in the playoffs as a wild card. I'm waiting for Seattle to win a world series because they have pitching and more pitching on the way. King Felix... Iwakuma... Taijuan Walker, James Paxton are going to be a formidable rotation. All they have to do is add offense and the addition of Robinson Cano is a start. When Zunino... Miller... Franklin and Montero become a little more experienced... They might have the combination of Offense and Pitching to be scary.

3. Hisashi Iwakuma -- He's 33 Years old... From Higashiyamato Japan... Which is a bedroom community of Tokyo. I'm not sure what a bedroom community is... But in my head... I just see a bunch of bedrooms. Or if it's Japan... I've heard that they sleep in drawers... so maybe it's just a bunch of drawers stacked up on top of each other. I remember the first time I saw Iwakuma pitch... I didn't know anything about him... Not a thing... I had never read his name written anywhere. I know who he is now and this guy is a pitcher... He's not a thrower... but he pitches as well as anyone. He doesn't come at you with a bunch of velocity... He comes at you with movement and location. He has a wicked splitter that falls off the table. His fastball will move in on a hitter and cause balls to dribble off of bats. He signed with Seattle for 15 million over two years. I remember thinking that it was a steal. Based on how he pitches against the Twins he's worth 40 Million a year.

4. Kendrys Morales -- Not only is Kendrys returning to Seattle... He is going to play 1B. Being that Kendrys hit his only home run as a Twin in Anaheim... I'm hoping he has that same... Take it to his ex-employers attitude against the Mariners. I hope Kendrys takes that .216 Batting Average and is able to say... "Take That"!!! Or "Tomar Esa"!!!

5. Taxpayers -- I like good moods and I don't like bad moods. I've noticed that when someone says "I'm a taxpayer"... I should walk away immediately because the person who said it... Isn't in a good mood. They never say "I'm a taxpayer and look at this beautiful park that the children are enjoying".
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 07-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

2. These 11 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bark's Lounge (07-07-2014), Circus Boy (07-07-2014), curt1965 (07-07-2014), gil4 (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014), Kirby_Waved_At_Me (07-08-2014), Puckett34 (07-07-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (07-07-2014), snepp (07-07-2014), Taildragger8791 (07-07-2014), Willihammer (07-07-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    And in other Twins news items, Meyer is replacing May at the Futures game, Sano has been cleared to begin a throwing program, and Nolasco is having an MRI on his elbow tomorrow.
    Last edited by crarko; 07-07-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

4. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-07-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    and Nolasco is having an MRI on his elbow tomorrow.
    "You remember that contract I signed a few months ago? Did you happen to notice I signed it left-handed?"

6. These 5 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (07-07-2014), Circus Boy (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-07-2014), snepp (07-07-2014)

Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    "You remember that contract I signed a few months ago? Did you happen to notice I signed it left-handed?"
    Well, I posted elsewhere that Bronson Arroyo is having TJ surgery.

Just thinking about last winter's free agent targets.

8. These 4 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), Bark's Lounge (07-07-2014), Circus Boy (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Just thinking about last winter's free agent targets.
    Yep, it's easy to complain, until actual alternatives are discussed.

10. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Ricky Nolasco suffers season-threatening elbow injury:

Ricky_Nolasco.jpg

/ but seriously, best of luck with the MRI, Mr Nolasco
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 07-07-2014 at 06:49 PM.

12. These 5 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-07-2014), GCTF (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014), JB_Iowa (07-07-2014), Willihammer (07-07-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    <Insert Princess Bride quote here>

14. These 2 users like Beezer07's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Of course, it being Twins Daily, people immediately home in on the negative.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

16. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-07-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 268 Times in 130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    <Insert Princess Bride quote here>
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

18. This user likes Circus Boy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-07-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 473 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    and Nolasco is having an MRI on his elbow tomorrow.
    ...and we'll see you in 2016.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

20. These 3 users like GCTF's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), Bark's Lounge (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Circus Boy View Post
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    "Hello. Your name is Ricky Nolas... meh, enough's enough."

/ Quality Start. I do not think it means what you think it means.

22. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    I've noticed that when someone says "I'm a taxpayer"... I should walk away immediately because the person who said it... Isn't in a good mood.
    It's not a winning response to the question "do you know why I pulled you over?", either.

24. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have my doubts about the effectiveness of the "Rally Rhino" or "Comeback Bunny". Some have said to keep throwing them out there, and I will do as such today, but in the days they have been used, the Twins have accumulated zero wins. My faith wanes.
    Rally Rhino (Mariners).jpg
    Comeback Bunny.jpg

26. These 3 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014), Willihammer (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    I am going to try a new Rally concept.

Enter - Rallagher Gallagher
    Rallagher Gallagher.jpg

28. These 6 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-07-2014), Circus Boy (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (07-07-2014), Willihammer (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    ...and we'll see you in 2016.
    9bf45347fb9ff095056a44543be7b4fe.jpg

30. These 6 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (07-07-2014), Circus Boy (07-07-2014), glunn (07-07-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014), snepp (07-07-2014), Willihammer (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I am going to try a new Rally concept.

Enter - Rallagher Gallagher
    Now do one of the Seattle WaterMarinerLons

32. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Blog Entries
    Like Lon Chaney? Lons, France? Me confused??? Me cannot find.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    Seems like odd timing doesn't it? Or does his elbow have a rubber band in it?

Rhett Bollinger@RhettBollinger Follow Ricky Nolasco has been dealing with elbow soreness and will fly back to Minnesota tonight to get it checked out by Dr. Steubs

Rhett Bollinger@RhettBollinger Follow
    Nolasco never told the medical staff or anyone with the Twins about his injury until today. Thought he could pitch through it.

LaVelle E. Neal III@LaVelleNeal Follow
    Twins haven't considered options if Nolasco is shut down, but Gardy said there are options on the roster and in the minors,
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

35. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Like Lon Chaney? Lons, France? Me confused??? Me cannot find.
    Wordplay that didn't worked. Gallagher smashes watermelons. Maybe he can help the Twins smash the Mariners. Hulk angry. Hulk smash. Hulk engage in stream of conscious.

37. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-07-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    If i may interpret the concept of the Rallagher Gallagher, i think it infers the Twins batters are swinging Sledge-o-matics, and the opponent pitchers are throwing watermelons.

But i haven't figured out how much of the watermelon needs to be in a fielder's glove to be able to tag the runner/base for an out...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast