Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nolasco to the DL, Herrmann recalled

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I think we all prefer Parmalee in CF.
    The idea of contracting the Twins once upset me...

2. These 3 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (07-08-2014), Sconnie (07-08-2014), Willihammer (07-08-2014)

Liked 399 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Herrmann's having a good year at Rochester. He's on the 40-man and healthy. That he provides a third catcher is nice, but I really don't think it's the only reason why he got promoted. Hopefully, Santana and Mauer will be ready to go after the break. I expect many roster moves to be made, again especially if Mauer and Santana are ready to go.
    Edit: duplicate

Im not a big fan of the Hermit, but have no problem with a short term move.

i wonder if it indicates a move after the ASG...
    Last edited by Sconnie; 07-08-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    "If I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree today."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 167 Times in 88 Posts
    I would be surprised if Herrmann plays anywhere other than the outfield during this call-up. I think he's more like the emergency catcher for Gardy rather than the 3rd catcher.

But I think the real question is - can Herrmann throw a good breaking ball?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 273 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Let me see if I understand you correctly--the Twins should one of the few tradeable chips to obtain another 4th OF, one whose value is only for this wretched season? May I suggest spending some cash and reacquiring Joe Benson instead? Then the Twins may trade to acquire someone who might actually be part of the long term solution.
    I agree, give me a pitcher in rookie league or A ball with upside over another 4th OF warming the seat for Buxton.

6. This user likes tobi0040's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (07-09-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe this to be a short term move. Let's see what happens around the all star break as I bet Twins make some deals there or shortly after and this roster becomes far different than it is at the current time.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 332 Times in 210 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's unsurprising given the options, but it's also more than a little uninspiring. Herrmann's slash line has been decent this year at AAA -- but it's still largely AVG driven and his BB and K rates are still pretty bad.

Plus, if his role is as limited as many suggest -- corner outfield defensive replacement and emergency catcher -- that's pretty much a waste of a roster spot on a team that's 3.5 games above the worst record in MLB at midseason. If there was no other position player available or deserving and we don't want another SP, I'd much rather see Tonkin, Achter, or even Meyer get some reps in the pen, even if just for a week until Santana/Mauer come back.

I guess it will be moot if indeed this is a short term band-aid to something more interesting, but I've heard a lot of promises to that extent already this season without many coming to fruition.

9. This user likes spycake's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (07-09-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Says a lot about the current state of the MLB, AAA, and AA teams. Note, I said current state, not the future, nor did I blame anyone, it is just a fact, there is no one in AA or AAA to help a team this inept in the field right now.
    Jonathan Mayo just came out with his ratings of the top prospects at each position for the first half of the season...Guess what? No Twins prospects were named. There are some AAA and AA guys tearing up the minor leagues who are not Twins' prospects. Just saying....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123