Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Harrison

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Travis Harrison

Travis Harrison 3b/OF
    6'1 215lbs Bats Right/Throws Right

Travis Harrison was born October 17, 1992 in Aliso Viejo, California, US (Age 19) and had quite the high school career from Tustin High School. With a supplemental pick in the 2011 MLB draft the Twins selected Harrison with the 50th overall pick. There was talk he would be tough to sign because he had a scholarship to USC to play baseball. However, the Twins stepped up and got him signed at the last minute. Here is an exerpt from Bleacher Report, "A Southern California commit, Harrison bashed nine homers in his first 22 games for Tustin HS and finished the season with 12 long-balls and a .486 average." He obvously can mash the ball with 12 hr in only 22 games which is very impressive. Harrison is big and projectable so there are questions whether he can stick at 3rd or if he might end up at 1st or the outfield, but for now he will likely head to either Elizabethton or the GCL as a 3rd baseman.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My question is fans do you think Harrison will be able tostay at 3rd going forward?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Travis Harrison last night recorded not only his first Professional hit, but also his 1st professional homerun. With that said he also recored his 2nd and 3rd errors at 3rd base. On the season he is 1-11 with 3 errors in 3 games.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by travistwinstalk View Post
    My question is fans do you think Harrison will be able to stay at 3rd going forward?
    I think the Twins will handle Harrison similar to how Sano is being handled. If he can stick at 3rd, that's where he'll be. I think it's a slimmer chance that Harrison will stay at 3rd, as Sano is more athletic. First base will be his long-term position.

I get it.....he's 19 yrs old but he's too good for APP Lg after 10gms.
    He may have to DH/split 3B w/Sano if sent to Beloit as he has 7e's, but his bat needs more challenges as a first round pick should be challenged. He should be promoted as he earns it, not promoted as his age dictates....Only 5months older than Sano, see if he can handle it
    16/38 .421/.467/.579 w/3doubles hr 4rbi 7bb 4k

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 373 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He may have committed his 14th error of the short season, but Travis Harrison was also 5-6 tonight with his third home run of the season. Hitting .371!

If there was no Miguel Sano in Beloit....could get a promotion!!!

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    John Sickel's just finished his 2013 prospect book. From time to time here shares some of the prospect write up's as a promotion. Here is the link for the write up on Travis Harrison along with some other guy named Billy Hamilton. Enjoy.
    Player Comments: Billy Hamilton, Jesse Hahn, Mitch Haniger, Travis Harrison - Minor League Ball

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone think Harrison goes A to A+ while Sano goes A+ to AA next summer?

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    His defense will keep him in Cedar Rapids for a full year, likely a year and a half.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    His defense will keep him in Cedar Rapids for a full year, likely a year and a half.
    holy moly. its that bad huh? Sano full yr in FSL too?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    holy moly. its that bad huh? Sano full yr in FSL too?
    Harrison's defense makes Sano look like an All Star. I think he ultimately ends up at 1st base....that is if he hits enough.
    Sano could be an interesting case this year, If his defense has improved as much as it has been reported, and he stays around .280 through mid July, he could be in AA for the last month of the year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow...I can almost feel 2015 if I try really hard

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Sano has a good chance at making a case to be promoted to AA next season. He's really good. OTOH I don't really understand why you think Harrison looks like someone that is going to do two levels in a season. His numbers weren't really that good in ETown when you compare him to past players that have been there. The scouts seem to like him putting him in the Twins top ten but all I see is an interesting prospect that is still really young and terrible on defense. I think Harrison will move slowly.

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Which teams are in a playoff hunt could also matter. Building a "culture of winning" is hardly a proven practice in player development, but you have to assume the managers in Cedar Rapids, Fort Myers, and New Britain are going to be asking to hold or promote the systems top prospects for the playoffs.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Sano has a good chance at making a case to be promoted to AA next season. He's really good. OTOH I don't really understand why you think Harrison looks like someone that is going to do two levels in a season. His numbers weren't really that good in ETown when you compare him to past players that have been there. The scouts seem to like him putting him in the Twins top ten but all I see is an interesting prospect that is still really young and terrible on defense. I think Harrison will move slowly.
    Okay kab21....My question was simple. ABSOLUTELY NO PART of my question expresses ANY opinion I may have about ANYONE. So stop reading into things and taking personal shots..... and simply answer the bleeping question.

As for my opinion on Harrison, he is a top 100 draft pick that should be able to move up quickly. His pro-debut was ok, nothing spectacular. MLB scouts love his upside as a hitter. If Sano moves, Travis could move up to fill in.
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 01-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Okay kab21....My question was simple. ABSOLUTELY NO PART of my question expresses ANY opinion I may have about ANYONE. So stop reading into things and taking personal shots..... and simply answer the bleeping question.

As for my opinion on Harrison, he is a top 100 draft pick that should be able to move up quickly. His pro-debut was ok, nothing spectacular. MLB scouts love his upside as a hitter. If Sano moves, Travis could move up to fill in.
    For Harrison/Boyd this is the equivalent of starting their sophomore year in college. It will be interesting to see if they keep Harrison down in EX.ST to start, and then send him to E-Town again (Goodrum/Kepler) or CR during the middle of the year. Maybe they start him in CR to start, it is really unknown where he starts because of how atrocious his defense is.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've said this counless times - Many of the top defenders in the MLB struggled in their early minor league careers. Harrison has the potential to be decent at 3B. Let the kid work on his understanding of the position (like Sano) and move thru the system patiently. He is a young kid. I see Ex. Spr. Training to ETown and then maybe CR for him more so then CR and Ft Myer.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I guess he could be linked rather with Vargas at 1B? as far as promotion timing....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I've said this counless times - Many of the top defenders in the MLB struggled in their early minor league careers. Harrison has the potential to be decent at 3B. Let the kid work on his understanding of the position (like Sano) and move thru the system patiently. He is a young kid. I see Ex. Spr. Training to ETown and then maybe CR for him more so then CR and Ft Myer.
    What if we draft a 3B at $4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast