Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thead: Twins@Mariners 7/10 Freaking late again!!! 9:10PM

Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thead: Twins@Mariners 7/10 Freaking late again!!! 9:10PM

Game-time forecast: Sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 80.

ChiTown will have those lineups for you once released to the general public. Lineups can also be purchased through Ticketmaster... Along with Creedence Clearwater Revisted Tickets.

Sorry for my tardiness ... I was at a special dinner for the orchestra ...

TWINS:
    SP, Pino

Dozier 2B
    Suzuki C
    Parmelee 1B
    Morales DH
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe 3B
    Escobar SS
    Fuld CF

MARINERS:
    SP, Wilhelmsen

Chavez LF
    Jones CF
    Cano 2B
    Seager 3B
    Hart DH
    Morrison 1B
    Saunders RF
    Zunino C
    Bloomquist SS
    ------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Pacific Time -- C'mon... I can't stand it... I'm blinking out after the 7th inning. I'll blink back in and say to myself... "How did those runners get on base". My wife will come by and shut the TV off and that will wake me up so I blurt out "Hey... I was watching that". She says "Oh Yeah... What's the score"? To which I reply... "Yeah it's... Umm... I suppose I should go to bed". Why do we have to play another night game in Seattle on getaway day?

2. Relievers in the 1st inning -- Normally when you see a reliever in the 1st inning... Things have gone horrible wrong. Seattle has decided that they don't have a starter ready to go tonight so they are going to patch together a bunch of relief pitchers to get through the game. I do admit that there has always been a part of me that wondered if a team could do this more often. Most relievers are pretty good for an inning or two. One time through the lineup and put in the next guy. You don't have to worry about setting hitters up for the next at bat... You just bring the gas and let it fly. You won't see that hitter again so you attack him. The only team that I recall doing anything like this was the Colorado Rockies a few years ago. Well at least kinda like this... They got frustrated with their starting rotation so they set a hard low limit on pitches thrown and used the bullpen to finish up... It failed miserably.

3. Hughes/Gibson -- There have been a few times this year when Hughes and Gibson back to back have made up a nasty combo. The past two days were one of those times. I am starting to get excited about both of them. The consistency isn't totally there yet but both pitchers are exhibiting worthwhile talent often enough that I'm liking the idea of them in the rotation for a few years. Raise your glasses and toast to their health.

4. 7.5 -- The Mariners hold the last wild card spot right now and the Twins are 7.5 back from that final wild card spot. Many of us assume the Twins will be sellers come the end of July. I'm not assuming anything yet because the Twins still haven't had a real decent hot streak yet. If the Twins could time a big hot streak before July is up... Who Knows... (Pause)... Yeah I know... I was dropped a couple times as a child.

5. Baths -- I shower every morning and I like my showers. I clean up and I have uninterrupted time to plan my day ahead. I hadn't taken a bath in quite some time... Multiple Years... Maybe a Decade and Change... There wasn't a real need or desire to. When I got back from my road trip over the 4th after 10 hours in the car. I just had a feeling that a hot bath would feel good so I took one. I got in the tub... the water was warm but... I just sat there. Nothing to do... and I thought to myself... This is boring and the warm water isn't doing anything spectacular. I thought about my youth... I remember when I used to like taking a bath but then I remembered why... I had bath toys... a boat... a rubber duck... a toaster and a radio that my mom threw in.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 07-10-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 8 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (07-10-2014), Circus Boy (07-10-2014), curt1965 (07-10-2014), D. Hocking (07-10-2014), glunn (07-10-2014), JB_Iowa (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014), Willihammer (07-10-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You're the best RB. Are you going to be at the get-together on Monday?

I'll provide the lineup because I want to comment about it--per LEN3:

Twins (41-49)

Brian Dozier, 2B
    Kurt Suzuki, C
    Chris Parmelee, 1B
    Kendrys Morales, DH
    Josh Willingham, LF
    Oswaldo Arcia, RF
    Trevor Plouffe, 3B
    Eduardo Escobar, SS
    Sam Fuld, CF

Yohan Pino P

Mariners (49-42)

Endy Chaves, LF
    James Jones, CF
    Robinson Cano, 2B
    Kyle Seager, 3B
    Corey Hart, DH
    Logan Morrison, 1B
    Michael Saunders, RF
    Mike Zunino, C
    Willie Bloomquist, SS

Tom Wilhelmsen, RHP
    Last edited by stringer bell; 07-10-2014 at 06:05 PM.

4. These 2 users like stringer bell's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    You're the best RB. Are you going to be at the get-together on Monday?
    He's not invited.

6. These 4 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (07-10-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    5. Baths -- I shower every morning and I like my showers. I clean up and I have uninterrupted time to plan my day ahead. I hadn't taken a bath in quite some time... Multiple Years... Maybe a Decade and Change... There wasn't a real need or desire to. When I got back from my road trip over the 4th after 10 hours in the car. I just had a feeling that a hot bath would feel good so I took one. I got in the tub... the water was warm but... I just sat there. Nothing to do... and I thought to myself... This is boring and the warm water isn't doing anything spectacular. I thought about my youth... I remember when I used to like taking a bath but then I remembered why... I had bath toys... a boat... a rubber duck... a toaster and a radio that my mom threw in.
    I have had an awful day. Thanks for #5. It helped. I will read #1-4 later.

8. These 2 users like glunn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Parm rides the bench for a couple days and now he hits third. Colabello seemed to be swinging well and get bench duty. Let's hope they score enough off the Seattle bullpen.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    He's not invited.
    Yeah I'm unavailable that day as we---, wait, what?

11. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-10-2014)

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    I'm generally a shower person but I occasionally like a soak in the tub. But when I'm done with the soak, I have to take a shower.

13. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Parm rides the bench for a couple days and now he hits third. Colabello seemed to be swinging well and get bench duty.
    Lefty versus righty thing? Have to ask Gardy about that, I think there is a name for that concept.

/ edit - nah, that doesn't explain Chris Young who is a righty, on Tuesday. I looked and he doesn't have a very large platoon split. But maybe Jack Goin teased something out from the data and gave Gardy the heads-up. Yeah, that's it.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 07-10-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No matter how Seattle's Bullpen approach works this evening. Lloyd McClendon will age 5 years in the span of a 3-4 hour game, 10 years 4+.

I would like to hope it would work to the Twins advantage, but I am not setting myself up to be disappointed.

16. This user likes Bark's Lounge's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    I've been happy with Esco in the field. But I'd like to see Santana play short for a while when he comes back. I think the Esco-coach is starting to turn into a pumpkin, at least when it's at the plate. I haven't given up on him, but it would be nice if he shook this slump off.

18. This user likes big dog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

stringer bell (07-10-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I have had an awful day.
    That sucks. I hope it turns around.

20. These 5 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-11-2014), glunn (07-10-2014), JB_Iowa (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A D. Hocking's Avatar
    Liked 380 Times in 144 Posts
    I thought about my youth... I remember when I used to like taking a bath but then I remembered why... I had bath toys... a boat... a rubber duck... a toaster and a radio that my mom threw in.
    As a kid I spent a fair amount of time playing in the tub. While I never had my Mom try to pull a Patsy Ramsey (allegedly) with a toaster, my older brother would come in and throw a bucket of cold water on me. Sometimes I would sense his evil presense outside the door before the attack, but there was no where to escape - time would sort of stand still.

Also, before every bath, my siblings would tell me about our lost brother who got sucked down the drain when the water was let out. Needless to say, I was happy when I could start taking showers.

22. These 4 users like D. Hocking's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-10-2014), glunn (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 268 Times in 130 Posts
    Two observations:

1. When I can't follow a game to the end during Western Division swings, I tend to read the TD posts the next morning. For unknown reasons, I read them backwards, last page to first. It all makes sense. Scary.

2. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Sirius cranked up "Rubberband Man" at different times of the day on the 70s on 7 channel, and I saw that as a good sign. And it was. Heard that dang song again today. A Twins victory awaits.

Adios for now.

24. These 5 users like Circus Boy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014), Willihammer (07-10-2014)

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,281 Times in 513 Posts
    6. One hundred seventy dollars later I can poop, and flush, with confidence again.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

26. These 8 users like snepp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-10-2014), Bark's Lounge (07-10-2014), Circus Boy (07-10-2014), glunn (07-10-2014), JB_Iowa (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), stringer bell (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Yes these West coast start times games are the pits.

Have caught myself dosing off the last two nights after the seventh inning. Never used to do that when I was younger. The baseball nerd in me wants to stay up and watch the old fart in my head keeps yelling at me to go to bed so I am not so tired at work the next day. So far the baseball nerd is winning.
    I too, had an older brother that dumped cold water on me when I was taking a shower, you could almost sense it was coming like a sixth sense. This was cold water dumping was passed down to the next brother in my clan, the only one that got shorted was the youngest but I don't feel bad for him because he never had to do wash or wipe any dishes or do any chores for that matter.
    I wonder why he pulled Cola out of the line-up Cola is hitting well and we need to play him so we can trade him for something of value instead of eventually releasing or selling him to Japan. Hopefully Pino can get off to a good start and keep the boys in the game tonight. I fear with the announce line-up that runs are going to be at a premium for the visiting team. Vexes me why he starts Parmalee in the three hole, when he bat's further down in the line-up he hit's, when he bat's third it is like his bat disappears, the 0-27 with RISP numbers do not lie.
    Last edited by jaimedude2; 07-10-2014 at 06:51 PM.

28. These 2 users like jaimedude2's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Hocking View Post
    As a kid I spent a fair amount of time playing in the tub. While I never had my Mom try to pull a Patsy Ramsey (allegedly) with a toaster, my older brother would come in and throw a bucket of cold water on me. Sometimes I would sense his evil presense outside the door before the attack, but there was no where to escape - time would sort of stand still.

Also, before every bath, my siblings would tell me about our lost brother who got sucked down the drain when the water was let out. Needless to say, I was happy when I could start taking showers.
    Sounds pretty "Psycho"-esque. Me? Just trolls under bridges. And older guys chasing me after school. They were not telling me what purdy lips I had, either.
    Last edited by Circus Boy; 07-11-2014 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Didn't spell "psycho" right. And anybody who doesn't like that, I kill them.

30. These 2 users like Circus Boy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    6. One hundred seventy dollars later I can poop, and flush, with confidence again.
    Congrats. I bet it was $170.00 you were glad to part with in order to have your facilities working again.

Most of the time, when I am out and about and nature calls, I would pay that fee in order to avoid public restrooms. What the hell is wrong with people and their away from home bathroom etiquette... (stuff) on the toilet seat, on the floors, on the walls, used sanitary paper discarded into the sink, etc., etc.

That is why I never leave my house anymore.

32. These 2 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-10-2014), glunn (07-10-2014)

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Sounds like a bargain to me.

34. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    ... a toaster and a radio that my mom threw in.
    This explains a few things!

36. These 3 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-10-2014), Riverbrian (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    You sound like a regular guy.

38. These 3 users like Circus Boy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-10-2014), snepp (07-10-2014), USAFChief (07-10-2014)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast