Gonzalez LF
    Tulowitski SS
    Morneau 1B
    Arenado 3B
    Rosario C
    LeMahieu 2B
    The Pitcher and whoever pinch hits for the pitcher

Things to Think About:

1. Colorado -- This is a state that contains Mountains in what is widely considered to be the Western side of the United States. Anything West of us is the Western side of the United States and by us... I'm excluding... Ash, Chief and Glunn. Actually... I don't know where everyone lives so I'm excluding everyone... Everything West of me is the Western United States and everything South of me is the Southern United States. So all of you people in South Dakota with your crazy accents, front porches, cars on blocks and magnolia trees are below the Mason Dixon line because I've decided that's the case. Back to Colorado... The surveyors who laid out the state lines tried real hard to make the state perfectly square. They had no idea that later on this square state would be over run by Hippies once marijuana was legalized. Workers in all professions are higher than a kite. When you call a phone number in Colorado you are greeted with a decent sized pause before someone says... "Oh Right... Hello Dude". Stoned Doctors and Surgeons have introduced a new word into the medical lexicon of language... That word is "Oops". Everyone is feeling good in Colorado but it is balanced with a large dose of paranoia. The population got stacked up on the Eastern Side of the Rocky Mountains. Kinda like they came west... couldn't get over the mountains and the people kept coming and nobody could move and they all just piled up. The ones who made it over the Mountains... Opened up Ski Resorts and gave them names like "Vail", "Aspen", "Beaver Creek" and "Here's a good spot to break your leg". Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne once traveled from Rhode Island to Colorado in a sheep dog in 1847.

2. Coors Field -- The Home stadium of the Rockies opened up in 1995. It was named Coors Field because of Coors Beer which is made in a totally different town. In an effort to slow down the amount of home runs hit. Baseballs are stored in a humidor in an effort to make sure that the tobacco leaves that wrap up the baseball are in perfect condition and optimal taste. If the Twins can't hit at Coors Field... They might not be able to hit anywhere.

3. The Rockies -- The Rockies are a mountain chain that stretches from New Mexico to British Columbia... They are also a baseball team but I need to be clear that the Baseball Team is nothing like a mountain chain at all. Confusion over what you are referring to has been around for decades since the Colorado Rockies Baseball Team were formed. "Are you going to watch the Rockies tonight"? "Watch Them? They just stand there?" "The Rockies Suck" "I don't know about that... They are better than the Cascades" The baseball team is a cursed franchise that can't find pitching... Actually they can find it... They just can't find pitchers who can perform in the light Colorado air. With a big outfield for balls to land in and fences that balls can easily fall over. Colorado pitchers all die a slow death. Pitchers arrive in Colorado and much like Batman tied to a conveyor belt that slowly pulls him toward a spinning saw blade while the Joker laughs and walks away. The difference between Colorado Pitchers and Batman is this... They don't escape... They have no utility belt. Pitching in Colorado kills the career of everyone.

4. Kris Johnson -- It's another look at Kris Johnson tonight as he makes a spot start. We will have to wait and see who is in the rotation after the break to replace Nolasco. I guess it's possible that it's Kris Johnson if he keeps pitching like he has. In AAA this year he has tossed a 2.75 ERA with a healthy amount of strikeouts. He has thrown 4.1 Innings with the Twins and did not allow a run while striking out 5. He did walk 6 in those 4.1 innings and he may want to cut back on that. Kris is 29 years old. He was born in West Covina California. I know what you are thinking... If there's a West Covina... There must be a Covina California... There is... It's to the North of West Covina. That means that West Covina lies to the south of Covina. They didn't have compasses in California for the longest time. Kris and his family moved to Blue Springs Missouri outside of Kansas City. During his time in High School at Blue Springs he tossed 5 no hitters. Teams were so impressed by his 5 no hitters that the Angels drafted him in the 50th Round in 2003. He opted to play ball at Wichita State and during his time at Wichita State he led the Missouri Valley Conference in ERA as a freshmen... This impressed the Major League Scouts so much that he was drafted in the 40th round by the Boston Red Sox in 2006. He impressed the Red Sox so much that they released him in 2011. The Pirates signed him and then traded him to the Twins in 2013 for Justin Morneau. Add it all up and Kris Johnson has thrown 14.2 MLB innings so I'm pretty sure that he is looking forward to starting tonight. I imagine he just wishes that it wasn't at Coors Field.

5. Insecurity -- I'm not sure why it is... But there are times when my wife feels a little insecure. She must have been feeling this way last night. She asked me point blank. "What do you think about me" and I replied "ABCDEFGHIJK" She didn't understand and she asked me what that meant. I said "You are A for Adorable... B Beautiful... C for Cute... Delightful... Elegant... Fashionable... Gorgeous and Hot. She said... "Aww... Thanks... Keep going... you forgot about... I J and K" To which I replied "I'm Just Kidding".
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 07-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 5 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-11-2014), Danchat (07-11-2014), glunn (07-11-2014), JB_Iowa (07-11-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (07-11-2014)

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    First, I am grateful for the earlier start time than the last four nights. Thank you, Rockies for going earlier than 7:10 MTN.

Second, as much some Twins fans complain about the Pohlads, I don't think Jim has ever actually said, "if the product and experience are that bad, don't come" although obviously the Pohlads did talk about moving the club.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...ve-a-franchise

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Looked like Seth taking photo's with a Puckett jersey on, while Marney was showing some of the minor league displays on Twins Live now.

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Well, I'm at a brewery fairly close to Coors Field, and taking off for the game shortly. I may try to post during the game, but that may not happen. I've been drinking delicious Denver beer all day.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

6. These 3 users like James's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (07-11-2014), JB_Iowa (07-11-2014), snepp (07-11-2014)

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    First, I am grateful for the earlier start time than the last four nights. Thank you, Rockies for going earlier than 7:10 MTN.

Second, as much some Twins fans complain about the Pohlads, I don't think Jim has ever actually said, "if the product and experience are that bad, don't come" although obviously the Pohlads did talk about moving the club.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...ve-a-franchise
    Back when there was a big issue of whether or not to resign Kirby, I was at Interlachen CC eavesdropping on Carl and Eleanor's breakfast conversation. I heard Eleanor say, "Oh for God's sake Carl, you know you're going to sign him, so get it over with already".

I also watched Carl get out of his car, slip on the ice and wind up on his back. Eleanor looked over the trunk at him, and said, "I'll meet you inside".
    Last edited by Gibby; 07-11-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: idiocy

8. This user likes Gibby's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (07-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well, I'm at a brewery fairly close to Coors Field, and taking off for the game shortly. I may try to post during the game, but that may not happen. I've been drinking delicious Denver beer all day.
    I'm envious, Denver is a blast.

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    It took me a good 10 seconds for me realize why there wasn't a DH in the lineup. Oh yeah, we're playing in an NL park. I should know, I went to a game there last year.

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    The Pitcher and whoever pinch hits for the Pitcher
    Then, whoever pinch pitches for that pinch hitter, and so forth...

Ah, the violence inherent in the system.

I've been whiling away the pregame time listening to the online radio broadcasts of minor league teams. That's one silver lining with west coast games.

Pretty sure that HR can't be good.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Fun(ish) fact. This is apparently the second start by a lefty for the Twins this year. I'm pretty sure the other one was ...Kris Johnson.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Pretty sure that HR can't be good.
    Builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    Builds character.
    For the team? or fans?

For the team? or fans?
    I feel like more of a character now, so it must be the fans.

17. These 2 users like 70charger's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (07-11-2014), JB_Iowa (07-11-2014)

10 years ago, we will still remember where we were the day Sam Fuld was intentionally walked.

19. These 2 users like kydoty's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

70charger (07-11-2014), Gibby (07-11-2014)

BTW, I don't understand why pitchers even bother with things like painting corners against AL pitchers. Just throw three fastballs down the middle.

Welp. That reminds me why I don't have a problem with the designated hitter...

22. This user likes 70charger's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Danchat (07-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kydoty View Post
    10 years ago, we will still remember where we were the day Sam Fuld was intentionally walked.
    I've liked everyone we've ever gotten from the A's.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 473 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kydoty View Post
    Nuthin' beats watching a pitcher bat.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

How did Cuddy break his shoulder. dude is a klutz.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 473 Times in 231 Posts
    So are there any more 30 year old rookies to pull up?
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

27. This user likes GCTF's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (07-11-2014)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast