Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Rockies, 7/13 @ 3:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,931 Times in 1,132 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Rockies, 7/13 @ 3:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 80.

TWINS:
    SP, Hughes

Brian Dozier 2B
    Kurt Suzuki C
    Kendrys Morales 1B
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Chris Parmelee RF
    Josh Willingham LF
    Eduardo Escobar SS
    Sam Fuld CF
    Phil Hughes P

ROCKIES:
    SP, Anderson

Charlie Blackmon CF
    Carlos Gonzalez RF
    Troy Tulowitzki SS
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Nolan Arenado 3B
    Corey Dickerson LF
    Wilin Rosario C
    D.J. LeMahieu 2B
    Brett Anderson P

-----------------

Okay, just do it!
    ------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Justin Morneau -- Here it is Sunday and I'm finally thinking about Justin Morneau. I've been a big Morneau fan since I first heard who he was. Before even seeing him play... I was a Morneau fan just based on what I was reading about him. I remember waiting for him to be called up... I remember starting to dislike Meintkewicz because he was up and Morneau wasn't. It wasn't fair to Dougie baseball but I developed a fascination over a ball player that I had never seen before. It took a little while before Morneau heated up but once he did... he became one of my favorite Twins. He was a player that I had to watch hit. Then the concussions came and he just didn't come back and I felt that trading him to the Pirates or anywhere made sense. I supported the trade and at the same time... I am happy that Justin has found new life in Colorado. It was the perfect place for Justin to land and things are working out. It'll be good to watch compete at Target Field in the HR Derby.

2. Brian Dozier -- I don't understand where his power comes from but Brian Dozier leading the team in Home Runs for the 2nd year in a row is still a bit surprising. There is a part of me that thinks that Dozier could be more effective if he took the ball the other way and used the whole field better. Maybe take a couple of dingers off his totals but increase his on base percentage in the process. If he ever becomes that player... who knows. If he doesn't... He's still a damn fine player. He's one of the best 2B defensive players in the game. He does have power and he does have speed. That's a great combination of skills for a 2B. With all that said... It's interesting that Little Brian will be participating in the HR Derby. He will have to compete against some monsters. I wonder if Arcia would have been a better a choice.

3. The All Star Game -- It's cool that the All Star Game is being held in Minnesota. I've never been a big fan of the all star game because I'm a baseball snob. I like my baseball played hard. Remember back to Pete Rose running over Ray Fosse in the all star game... That's exactly the way I like my baseball played. Well Fosse got hurt and Rose got vilified because after all... It was the all-star game and you don't do things like that in the All Star Game. Randy Johnson vs. John Kruk... I loved Randy Johnson competing at the all star game... I didn't like the way John Kruk turned it into a joke because after all... It's the All Star game. Don't let my thoughts about the all-star game stop anyone from enjoying it because I will enjoy it being in Minnesota. I'll watch the HR Derby and cheer for Dozier and Morneau and hope to see if Stanton can reach the upper deck. I'll watch the game and wonder what kind of design gets carved into the grass. It's a big moment for the Twins organization.

4. A Break and then what -- It'll be interesting to see what the Twins rotation looks like after the break. I imagine someone is coming up to join the rotation. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trade rumors and what kind of trades happen. The last weeks of July are must see TV and I look forward to it every year.

5. Beer -- Back at the reunion... I was catching up with an old classmate. It's been 30 years and I asked him "What's going on in your life... How are you spending your time". That's a broad question and the possibility of answers is just as broad. What was his response... "Well... I like Beer". I just looked at him and said... "That's it... No other details to pass along"? He then responded... "If I added more details to I Like Beer... It'll make me seem like a drunk".
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 07-13-2014 at 02:45 PM.

2. These 4 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (07-13-2014), glunn (07-13-2014), JB_Iowa (07-13-2014), Willihammer (07-13-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    This is a great week for baseball, especially baseball in Minnesota.

However, there is no substitute for true heroes.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...rs-prior-video
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    This is a great week for baseball, especially baseball in Minnesota.

However, there is no substitute for true heroes.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...rs-prior-video
    Thanks for the link. What so impresses me about many of the WW2 generation is their modesty.

I've visited with a number of veterans and invariably, no matter the nature of their service, their primary response is: "we did what we had to do".

How dumb is it that this game doesn't start until 2:10 MTN.

Geez, Rockies.

I think many of us would rather watch the Futures Game than Twins/Rockies.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I predicted the Twins would score 24 runs in the series, so I guess that means the Twins will score 13 today. Unless the wind is truly blowing in, Hughes may give up a couple of long balls. The Rockies are a really good offense and they have almost all of their pieces in place, except for Cuddy. I am going to say, Twins win 13-7.
    Last edited by stringer bell; 07-13-2014 at 02:45 PM.

7. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (07-13-2014)

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Twin's Baseball! in the first inning?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Twin's Baseball! in the first inning?
    Nice hitting by Dozier and Suzuki.

Not so good on the baserunning.

And nice hit by Plouffe.

But let's try to get a run from this mess.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Favorite all star game memories... may as well throw one out from a few years ago. Kurt Schilling was on the mound and I think A-Rod was hitting. He told him was going to give him a high fastball and dared him to hit it... He struck him out.

Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Well, I predicted the Twins would score 24 runs in the series, so I guess that means the Twins will score 13 today. Unless the wind is truly blowing in, Hughes may give up a couple of long balls. The Rockies are a really good offense and they have almost all of their pieces in place, except for Cuddy. I am going to say, Twins win 13-7.
    They are making it real hard to score 13.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Nice hitting by Dozier and Suzuki.

Not so good on the baserunning.
    It's Minnesota. As long as you do 75% of your job right, it's all good.

Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow, nothing like having a base-running gaffe cost a run on the very next pitch.

Trying to score from third on that with one out is a pretty big vote of no confidence in Plouffe. Nice to see him come through.

The way Anderson is pitching, it might be 13 runs before the first inning is over.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 07-13-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Well at least Parms managed to bring in a couple. Geez, I was having visions of 5 or 6 hits in the inning and no runs.

I think the Colorado pitcher is having trouble.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cost them a run. Parm picks up Dozier.

Kendrys Morales makes Jim Thome look fast. Heck of a hit by Plouffe though

19. This user likes Puckett34's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (07-13-2014)

Wow! some nice 2 out hitting.

Way to pick up Dozier, Parmsie and Escobarsie

Quote Originally Posted by Puckett34 View Post
    Kendrys Morales makes Jim Thome look fast. Heck of a hit by Plouffe though
    It would behoove him to just hit it over the fence.

Love the avatar.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well at least Parms managed to bring in a couple. Geez, I was having visions of 5 or 6 hits in the inning and no runs.
    regressing to the mean with this RISPY numbers.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast