Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: All Star Stream of Consciousness

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 823 Times in 517 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brad Childresses lasting contribution to the sports world... stream of consciousness.

Did you get to ask Jennie Finch how Casey is doing these days? Is he still in baseball?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Really enjoyed the Futures Game, as well.

You obviously can't read too much in to one inning of work each for Berrios and Meyer, or even a full game of ABs for Vargas. If one or more had laid an egg, it wouldn't have been cause for despair, so you can't get too overly excited just because they each performed relatively well.

Still, it was fun to see them all have some success. And when you consider that the Twins have several other prospects that are projected to be even better than this trio, it just demonstrates that Twins fans have some legitimate reasons to be optimistice about the team's future over the second half of this decade.

I'm not going to go Jim Hoey far, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that Meyer's 98 mph heater is that easy to hit with authority. Speed isn't that helpful if it's straight.

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great article. Thanks, Seth.

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is a bit, just a bit, but still a bit troubling that i have heard and seen several people bring up that they were relieved that Dozier didn't get blanked........ as they seem to have expected him to. It was quite a bit of charity that allowed him in the home run derby, and that kind of statement confirms and conforms to that idea. Good for him though. He didn't get blanked with his 350 and 380 foot taters. good thing he pulled the ball.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oface View Post
    It is a bit, just a bit, but still a bit troubling that i have heard and seen several people bring up that they were relieved that Dozier didn't get blanked........ as they seem to have expected him to. It was quite a bit of charity that allowed him in the home run derby, and that kind of statement confirms and conforms to that idea. Good for him though. He didn't get blanked with his 350 and 380 foot taters. good thing he pulled the ball.
    I think think getting blanked has nothing to do with HR prowess. Piazza once didn't hit any. Puig didn't last night. Dozier was a fine contestant at home. My assumption is that guys like Nelson Cruz and Jose Abreu said no. But I was glad that he did it.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 92 Times in 52 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great article, Seth. We'll done. Great reading-a true experience!

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Of the contestants, Dozier has more homers than five of the nine other contestants, including two-time winner Cespedes. He's not the classic slugger, but he has mastered the ability to pull the ball with authority and hit 350-380 ft. homers. It is unfortunate that some of the guys who really hit homers--Cruz, Trout, Abreu--all bailed on the competition.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice call on Perkins coming into the 9th with a two run lead!
    Great game last night. So glad I was able to be there.