0 0%
  • None of the Above

4 9.76%

Thread: Who Hits the Most Homers After the All-Star Break

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who Hits the Most Homers After the All-Star Break

The Twins have been led by Dozier in homers all season, but he isn't the prototypical power hitter. The roster has a few guys who either profile as power hitters or have a history of hitting with power, so perhaps someone else steps up.
    Last edited by stringer bell; 07-15-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dozier has such a big lead on his team mates. I cannot foresee a scenario where Dozier does not lead this club in HR's and that includes leading the team post all-star break.

My guess is that he hits 13 more HR's this year and falls a stolen base or 2 short of the 30/30 club. I have a hard time believing another Twin will hit 20HR's or even come very close. (Arcia-12), (Plouffe-11), (Willingham-16)?

Plouffe might hit 50 2B's!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Dozier has such a big lead on his team mates. I cannot foresee a scenario where Dozier does not lead this club in HR's and that includes leading the team post all-star break.

My guess is that he hits 13 more HR's this year and falls a stolen base or 2 short of the 30/30 club. I have a hard time believing another Twin will hit 20HR's or even come very close. (Arcia-12), (Plouffe-11), (Willingham-16)?

Plouffe might hit 50 2B's!
    Clarification, Bark, or anyone else. I was polling the group about homers AFTER the break. They all start at zero. I fully expect Dozier to lead the club for the season, but I do believe there are candidates to be the second-half home run king.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hammer or Morales

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 812 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted Dozier. I expect Hammer and Morales to be traded potentially, and if they aren't it's b/c they aren't hitting many HRs. Arcia in my mind is the only guy with a shot of beating Dozier.

6. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

TheLeviathan (07-16-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I voted Dozier. I expect Hammer and Morales to be traded potentially, and if they aren't it's b/c they aren't hitting many HRs. Arcia in my mind is the only guy with a shot of beating Dozier.
    This. Though Hammer and Morales only have two weeks to turn around their inept play of late. They are unlikely to drum up value even with a homer binge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    This. Though Hammer and Morales only have two weeks to turn around their inept play of late. They are unlikely to drum up value even with a homer binge.
    Don't forget when Morneau was traded. Making a trade for the Hammer or Morales is more likely in August IMHO, because of the size of their contracts and their level of struggle right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Hammer or Morales
    Oh snap! Morales completely slipped my mind. Of course he has only one homer at the break, that might have something to do with it.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,586 Times in 824 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I went out on a limb and voted Arcia.

Here's hoping the kid turns it around in the second half.

11. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

James (07-16-2014)

Liked 135 Times in 86 Posts
    I would love for it to be Arcia, but I voted Dozier. Assuming that he didn't screw up his swing in the Home Run Derby (I don't really believe that he did/could do this), I have this feeling that he's going to keep up something close to his current HR pace.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    I picked other, I'm going with Parmelee, though I hope it's Arcia or Dozier. I'll pick a pedestrian total of 11 second half HR for him.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Don't forget when Morneau was traded. Making a trade for the Hammer or Morales is more likely in August IMHO, because of the size of their contracts and their level of struggle right now.
    Very true, but if it's an August deal that almost certainly means far less value. I guess I'm still foolishly hoping for a deadline deal.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted Plouffe. He has a 26% LD rate and a 4.7% HR/FB. In 2012 this number was 14.5% and 2013 7.3%. At some point all those doubles he's been hitting will turn into HR's.... I hope. I am contemplating writing a blog about his sneaky progress this season.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,586 Times in 824 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I am contemplating writing a blog about his sneaky progress this season.
    I'd love to read that article. Plouffe has dropped under the radar in many ways. At an initial glance, he looks like the same ol' Trevor Plouffe... but then you look at his defense, LD rate, and discipline and see that he's a much better player this season.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    I'm riding with Arcia, just because.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    I voted Dozier just because I really think it would be cool to see him get to 30/30. Hopefully he continues like he hit in the final game of the Colorado series. Hopefully he is breaking out of his funk as another Twins Daily article talked about.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 271 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    I voted Dozier just because I really think it would be cool to see him get to 30/30. Hopefully he continues like he hit in the final game of the Colorado series. Hopefully he is breaking out of his funk as another Twins Daily article talked about.
    I am going Dozier. He has by my count 34 HR since June 1 of last year, in 194 games. Starting to believe this power. This is not a Plouffe-esque month or two.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    I voted none of the above. I think Hammer and Morales will be gone. I see Arcia once again losing his swing. I think Collabello will get more playing time and will rake at a higher clip.

21. This user likes USNMCPO's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (07-16-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I'd love to read that article. Plouffe has dropped under the radar in many ways. At an initial glance, he looks like the same ol' Trevor Plouffe... but then you look at his defense, LD rate, and discipline and see that he's a much better player this season.
    All of the above, and don't forget his spray chart. As I posted in another thread, he's a completely different hitter from a year ago if you compare this year's to last year's- his RF and LF gap power and power along each foul line could very well turn into a few more long flies before all is said and done.
    Last edited by jokin; 07-16-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Clarification, Bark, or anyone else. I was polling the group about homers AFTER the break. They all start at zero. I fully expect Dozier to lead the club for the season, but I do believe there are candidates to be the second-half home run king.
    Sorry about that. I super piss poorly worded my post and went off on a worthless tangent.

Post All-Star Break HR's

Dozier: 13 (Season Total = 31)
    Willingham: 8 (Season Total = 16)
    Arcia: 7 (Season Total = 12)
    Plouffe: 5 (Season Total = 11)