@nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: NTB Top 10 Prospects 2012

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like that you kept Gibson high on your list. He dropped to like 7th on my list, but I've seen him as low as 13-15 on some lists (of well-respected prospect people). I think that it will be interesting to see how Sano and Rosario take to the Midwest League, the weather, the full seasons, the bigger ballpark, etc. I think that Sano will struggle more in Beloit than Rosario. I'm ready for the season to start so we can start finding out.

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    joe benson.JPGI like your list Nick. Only guy I wasn't able to squeeze in on mine that you did, is Adrian Salcedo. Still laugh about seeing him sprint the mile-run on the first day of Minor League Spring Training last year, while others looked like they were gonna keel over after just 1 lap. You even have Hicks 1 spot higher than me, which I like, too many people are down on him. Would be nice to see Wimmers start out this season strong. I had high expectations for him last year, and felt like vomiting while listening on internet-radio to his dismal 1st start. I remember the Play-by-Play guy being flabbergasted, and he recounted 4 pitches that Wimmers threw over the catcher's head to the backstop netting. Hopefully those days are long gone.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Steve, I was there watching Salcedo sprint the mile too. It was incredibly noteworthy. On its own, that means little to what he'll be as a pitcher. Looking at him physically, you can see why people are so excited about him. Tall, lanky, wiry, long arms, great motion and balance, good arm angle and whip action, good velocity. Good stuff. Frankly, the numbers he has put up haven't been out of this world, but very solid. He's a scout's dream though to watch. hopefully he can continue to improve, gain some strength and start racking up some strikeouts.