Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumors

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts

Trade rumors

Cards will be scouting Suzuki and Reds may be a good fit for Willingham.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...reds-more.html

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 820 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From Sickles:

Reds list. Not sure they match up well. Guys I really like are rated too high. Kind of meh on org need for lower guys.

Cards list. Piscotty might be nice if the Twins think his power will develop. He's 23 in AAA (though it's the PCL). Gonzalez or Kaminsky would be nice.

For fun, a link to all lists.

3. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (07-16-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    From Sickles:

Reds list. Not sure they match up well. Guys I really like are rated too high. Kind of meh on org need for lower guys.

Cards list. Piscotty might be nice if the Twins think his power will develop. He's 23 in AAA (though it's the PCL). Gonzalez or Kaminsky would be nice.

From the Reds, what do you think of Ben Lively? He seems intriguing.

From the Cardinals, what about Jon Jay? Two years of control left after 2014. Not a perfect fit, but at the moment there are two outfield positions open for 2014 (assuming Willingham and Fuld are gone). Decent bridge until Buxton is ready. Cardinals have a glut of outfielders, so they may be willing to dump him.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I wouldn't assume that Fuld is gone. Why wouldn't he be a good 4th outfielder?
    Jay would be a great fit. May have to send more than Suzuki to get him. LaRussa speaks highly of John Jay as far as playing the game properly.

6. This user likes Otwins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (07-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post

From the Cardinals, what about Jon Jay? Two years of control left after 2014. Not a perfect fit, but at the moment there are two outfield positions open for 2014 (assuming Willingham and Fuld are gone). Decent bridge until Buxton is ready. Cardinals have a glut of outfielders, so they may be willing to dump him.
    Absolutely on Lively. Willingham for Lively seems possible. Amir Garrett might be worth looking into.

Patrick Wisdom might be a good player down the road, as far as the Cards go. Or the Twins could ask about catcher Carson Kelly.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure why anyone would want Jon Jay.

9. These 2 users like Shane Wahl's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

curt1965 (07-19-2014), twinsfan34 (07-18-2014)

Blog Entries
    John Jay made sense as a contender with a hole in CF. I think I'd rather do Denard Span as a 1 year stop gap/reclamation project this offseason and get something of value in the minors for Suzuki.

11. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (07-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Before the Twins can move Willingham or Morales, the Soriano situation will need to resolve.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 273 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post

Here is a crazy one, Willingham and Suzuki for Tony Cingrani. Their catcher is no good and Cingrani struggled this year, then got himself in the dog house for not disclosing an injury.

I have it on good authority that we were trying to get Cingrani for Span, but they said no. Now they have a ton of pitchers. Cueto, Simon, Leake, Bailey, and Latos.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    From Sickles:

I like all the guys you mentioned but if I had to guess I think grichuk is more likely. He is rated as a B prospect in the 10 to 11 range in their system. They just got him from the Freeze trade and might consider flipping him for Suzuki. Those other guys are pretty high up on the list at MLB.com. That seems like too much to give up for a 2 month rental. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tobi0040 View Post
    Here is a crazy one, Willingham and Suzuki for Tony Cingrani. Their catcher is no good and Cingrani struggled this year, then got himself in the dog house for not disclosing an injury.

I have it on good authority that we were trying to get Cingrani for Span, but they said no. Now they have a ton of pitchers. Cueto, Simon, Leake, Bailey, and Latos.
    The Reds catcher Mesoraco is number 2 in fWAR among catchers. He has a 170 RC+.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 273 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    You think they are interested in a catcher with an OPS of .984? They need Kurt, bad.

I looked at that Pena guy, .654 OPS in 65 games. I am guessing those were about the first 65 games of the year.....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 332 Times in 210 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    And he was an all-star!

Who do you still see being on the Twins current roster come 2016.

Starters: Trevor May, Phil Hughes, Kyle Gibson

Relief: Glen Perkins, Pressly, Tonkin

Batters: Pinto, Mauer, Dozier, Hicks, Arcia, Kepler, Santana, Vargas, Polanco

So, 26 others are tradebait this year and next. And you could even dangle such guys as Santana/Polanco and Kepler and Pressly out there, not to mention Kyle Gibson is he stays a #4 starter as others come up in the system.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Won't either Sano or Buxton or both be on the 2016 Twins' roster?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Who do you still see being on the Twins current roster come 2016.

Starters: Trevor May, Phil Hughes, Kyle Gibson

Relief: Glen Perkins, Pressly, Tonkin

Batters: Pinto, Mauer, Dozier, Hicks, Arcia, Kepler, Santana, Vargas, Polanco

So, 26 others are tradebait this year and next. And you could even dangle such guys as Santana/Polanco and Kepler and Pressly out there, not to mention Kyle Gibson is he stays a #4 starter as others come up in the system.
    Meyer will likely be on the roster in 2016 as well as will Nolasco. I don't expect Kepler on the 2016 team, and I do think Sano and Buxton will be there.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I like all the guys you mentioned but if I had to guess I think grichuk is more likely. He is rated as a B prospect in the 10 to 11 range in their system. They just got him from the Freeze trade and might consider flipping him for Suzuki. Those other guys are pretty high up on the list at MLB.com. That seems like too much to give up for a 2 month rental. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    This was my exact thought too as far as StL is concerned. They probably won't move a pitcher and they have some depth at OF. Would dovetail nicely with a Willingham trade as well, he could fill in at LF for the rest of the year.
    Papers...business papers.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    This was my exact thought too as far as StL is concerned. They probably won't move a pitcher and they have some depth at OF. Would dovetail nicely with a Willingham trade as well, he could fill in at LF for the rest of the year.
    I don't think you'd go wrong getting James Ramsey instead of Grichuk. On-base machine, CF with some power. Florida State product. Because he's still at AA, and "have some depth at OF" is right, it's a stacked Cards system, you might be able to add another piece as well.

Liked 399 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Meyer will likely be on the roster in 2016 as well as will Nolasco. I don't expect Kepler on the 2016 team, and I do think Sano and Buxton will be there.
    Both Sano and Buxton will be up, but one or both will probably be mid or late season call up.
    "If I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree today."

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I don't think you'd go wrong getting James Ramsey instead of Grichuk. On-base machine, CF with some power. Florida State product. Because he's still at AA, and "have some depth at OF" is right, it's a stacked Cards system, you might be able to add another piece as well.
    Is Ramsey better than Grichuk? Seems more a matter of preference. And I would think the Cardinals would be more agreeable if given a choice to trade a prospect recently acquired over a player they drafted. Plus Grichuk could go right into the lineup, Ramsey is probably more a next year guy, at which point they shouldn't need a CF.
    Papers...business papers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast