Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Twins to go to 12 pitchers when Morneau is ready?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins to go to 12 pitchers when Morneau is ready?

Did anybody else hear this? I was listening to the Twins pre-game on radio, and they were talking to a front office type (Ryan?) and he was asked when the Twins would go back to a more normal 12-pitcher roster. He said probably when Morneau was ready to come off the DL.

Reprieve for Parmelee? Who then is on the block to get sent down - Blackburn? I saw they were thinking about using Swarzak & Duensing for spot starts - 5th rotation slot by committee?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Who then is on the block to get sent down
    They will either option one of the 2 pitchers with options (Burnett, Diamond) - if Diamond, the 5th starter spot goes to Duensing who is being stretched as a starter - or they will cut someone like Gray
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

SHOULD be Gray.....IF Diamond pitches well, & gets sent back down.....can you see the revolt of fans!!!
    ESPN 1500 is reporting Pavano is dealing with shoulder issues, could they DL him??
    Cant see another pitcher being moved other than Gray.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I heard Terry Ryan say that too nad it stood out becuase I think I assumed it would be Parmelee. (and it still could be as part of two going up and two going down) My guess is that Burnett would be the one going down. Also from Ryan, he's pleased with the bullpen so far. He talked about Gray pitching well and said that there was only one bullpen guy that would probably be best served by being sent down. Burnett has the option and he has been struggling of late again.

Whoever pitches badly. Gray would probably get claimed. Brunett has options at least. Liriano is taking up space. PJ deserves another shot. I would keep Gray as long as possible for now.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    The Twins need all the pitching they can get.

I am complerely fine with sending Burnett out. Ive believed he absolutey could use some AAA time to refine his pitches & regain some confidence. Using him in 5th/6th here does nobody any good in his development. Still only 23 yrs old. Hope Guerra keeps it up & gets Gray out of here.

For some strange reason, Gardy likes 13 pitchers on his staff and 3 catchers...so I expect Mastroanni to go down when Morneau comes back. It should be either Burnett or Butera but it wont be.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Either/Or

Either Butera or Burnett, Parmalee, I suppose, because he's not looking good. It's funny no one's mentioned Plouffe. What's he hitting - .100?

Quote Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
    Either Butera or Burnett, Parmalee, I suppose, because he's not looking good. It's funny no one's mentioned Plouffe. What's he hitting - .100?
    Plouffe is out of options & there is nobody else to play 3B.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does Swarzak have options left? If so, I'd send him down, maybe stretch him out a bit in case they need him to step back in to the rotation. 2nd choice would be Burnett, simply because he has options. Gray and Burton would certainly get claimed, Diamond and Walters have pitched quite well and probably will be given more time to solidify a spot. I think everyone else on the pitching staff has enough MLB experience to be able to refuse being sent down.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Swarzak is out of options, Gray is out of options, Plouffe is out of options. If a pitcher goes, it will either be Burnett or someone from the starting rotation. Mastroianni and Butera aren't secure either--both have had their options used this year.

Why all the Gray hate? He has pitched I. Much tougher situation than Burnett and been fairly good. They will not send Diamond down. Parmalee is probably the best bet but that doesn't get us to 12 pitchers.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Gray's ERA under 2? Burnett will be the one sent down. Is it time to see what Romero can do at 3b?

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 157 Times in 93 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We talked about this on GATG today. I think it depends on whether they think Parmelee is getting back on track. If not, I think they'll send him to AAA. If he is getting back on track, it'll be a 13th pitcher or Mastroianni, I think. Of the 13, I"m guessing Gray. I do't think they'll cry any rivers if he's claimed. And given how few guys are getting claimed, I doubt he will.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Send Burnett out. Give Gray more ops to sink or swim. If he swims pawn him off for a Player to be named later.

never heard.ai.so sorry