Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 35 - Twins vs Cleveland - 5/15/12

Unbelievable how many double plays we hit into - why don't we mix a few hit and runs in there. The double play seems to be guaranteed with us - if we hit and run at least we have some small percentage of maybe stelaing a base or getting a wild throw.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Marquis has taken to the whole pitch to contact thing like a duck to water.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    BP at Target Field! I'm not one to complain unnecessarily, but this guy shouldn't be pitching in the major leagues.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    Marquis is a joke, everybody on this team should be embarrassed.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only a single for Brantley--rally killer.

I thought Target Field was not a Home Run park?

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedog View Post
    I thought Target Field was not a Home Run park?
    It plays a lot bigger in the bottom half of innings. Something to do with wind patterns I think.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Did the Indians just hit more homeruns in 1 inning, than Mauer has for the history of Target Field? Really, how embarrassing is the Twins' team lack of power? It's a joke of a team right now.
    Lighten up Francis....

lol! Brought back to mind the rumor that we were blowing the fans out in the Homerdome when we batted - we must be turning on the switch to blow the air/wind out when the visitors are up rather than when we are up at Target Field. Someone tell them to hurry up and get that straightened out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 117 Times in 52 Posts
    To be fair to the Twins hitters, when they're up they're not hitting against Jason Marquis.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    To be fair to Twins hitters, four (maybe 5) of them should be in AAA. This roster looks way too much like August's and we're only 35 games in, not to mention the pitching is even worse.

Senior Member All-Star
    Agree with Alex, yet the FO isn't really committing to youth, or to keeping youth in AAA "to develop". They really appear indecisive to me.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 117 Times in 52 Posts
    This IS the youth movement. If you don't think the Twins are giving enough playing time to their young players, it's because they don't have many young players.

Revere will be up when Span is eventually dealt. The only other thing they can really do is dispose of Marquis and replace him with Swarzak or Duensing.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Yeah, I don't mind seeing Plouffe get more playing time to see what they have there, or even the two speedy outfielders. Parmelee's not being helped by being up here, especially sitting on the bench most days. I think that while Dozier's performed well and I hope it continues, I hope we're not saying the same thing about his as Parmelee a month or two down the road. I like Carroll, and I'm sure the pitchers like to have him back there, but he's entered this organization at a bad time.

I'd also like to see them resting Mauer a bit more and letting Morneau stay on the DL a bit longer. Why put wear and tear on the vets, especially those two?

Mauer does a good job fouling off pitches until he can find a good one to ground out with.

Game Summary: What was Gardy thinking by leaving Marquis in the game so long? Oh yeah, it wouldn't have mattered with our Groundout offense.

Senior Member All-Star
    I think today the crossed the magical threshold of being outscored by more than 2 runs per game....36 games in, more than 72 runs outscored. That is really, really, really bad.
    Lighten up Francis....

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I think today the crossed the magical threshold of being outscored by more than 2 runs per game....36 games in, more than 72 runs outscored. That is really, really, really bad.
    Preach, brotha. Super glad we got a rid of those dozen or so beautiful evergreens in center field so that opposing batters can lock in on 85 mph meatballs from Pavano, Marquis, and Blackburn now.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedog View Post
    lol! Brought back to mind the rumor that we were blowing the fans out in the Homerdome when we batted - we must be turning on the switch to blow the air/wind out when the visitors are up rather than when we are up at Target Field. Someone tell them to hurry up and get that straightened out.
    Maybe if we start breeding Kestrel Falcons in the outfield:

(a) Opposing hitters/fielders will be intimidated;
    (b) Swarms of birds in the outfield might knock some of these opposing moonshots out of the sky

Also, this would totally be a home field advantage because unless the birds fly less than 2 feet off the ground in the infield, they'll never be struck with one of our hits.

Love the Kestrel Falcon idea! What we also need to do is to plant the evergreens in the outfield to stop these home runs from flying out. It would also provide a nice home for the falcons while also helping cover our lack of outfield speed. Couple that with dropping a truckload of rocks in the infield thus increasing the number of bad-hop grounders and reducing our double-plays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast