Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 35 - Twins vs Cleveland - 5/15/12

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinVike61 View Post
    Game Summary: What was Gardy thinking by leaving Marquis in the game so long? Oh yeah, it wouldn't have mattered with our Groundout offense.
    He wanted Marquis to eat up some innings - wouldn't want to burn out and overwork that 13-man pitching staff.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
    Preach, brotha. Super glad we got a rid of those dozen or so beautiful evergreens in center field so that opposing batters can lock in on 85 mph meatballs from Pavano, Marquis, and Blackburn now.
    Watched on Gameday for a bit today and noted that the evergreens are still there....almost like ghosts...

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was there today. Beautiful day, beautiful stadium, terrible performances (except for Brian Dozier) who is my new favorite Twin.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 494 Times in 324 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I think today the crossed the magical threshold of being outscored by more than 2 runs per game....36 games in, more than 72 runs outscored. That is really, really, really bad.
    This is especially troubling because the Twins haven't lost a lot of games by blowout scores. They have consistently yielded 6-7-8 runs and they haven't lost a lot of games by obscene scores like 15-1 or 20-4. They are last in the league in runs scored and last in runs allowed, that can't be good.

Liked 698 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Good thing that the Twins can only hit into one DP per inning, because if they could do it more they would.
    Good one! This was a painful game to watch.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    This is especially troubling because the Twins haven't lost a lot of games by blowout scores. They have consistently yielded 6-7-8 runs and they haven't lost a lot of games by obscene scores like 15-1 or 20-4. They are last in the league in runs scored and last in runs allowed, that can't be good.
    I think this those kind of numbers tell the exact story: horrible starting pitching and a surprisingly good bullpen that essentially closes the door, though it's usually too late.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123