Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 37 - Twins @ Detroit - 5/17/12

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, it is time for optimism. Morneau in his second game back homers and Plouffe homers for the second game in a row!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    If Butera isn't catching, who is the DH with this lineup? I mean, that's really the issue....besides, Mauer has not rested much. If Doumit is hurt, playing Butera 1-2 times a week should not be an issue. Not even sure who the DH should be if not Mauer ...though for me, it would probably be Willingham, with Revere in left. I don't care what Butera has hit in a handful of at bats this year, that is very likely not an indication of how we should expect him to hit the rest of the year.
    Lighten up Francis....

Wow, just turned this game on with MLB At-Bat. Morneau and Plouffe back-to-back!

If Plouffe continues to mash, it really begs the question why the hell we have been screwing around with Doumit, Clete Thomas, Komatsu, and Mastroianni in the outfield.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to see Morneau put a good swing on the ball, especially driving it to left center. Hopefully, Plouffe is starting to gain some confidence as well.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    What's gotten into Plouffe? Did he finally realize his roster spot was in jeopardy? Just hit .250 with 20 HR's and we'll keep you around!

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    If Butera isn't catching, who is the DH with this lineup? I mean, that's really the issue....besides, Mauer has not rested much. If Doumit is hurt, playing Butera 1-2 times a week should not be an issue. Not even sure who the DH should be if not Mauer ...though for me, it would probably be Willingham, with Revere in left. I don't care what Butera has hit in a handful of at bats this year, that is very likely not an indication of how we should expect him to hit the rest of the year.
    We know how Gardy feels about DH'ing Mauer when Butera catches. Then again, Willingham could be an emergency catcher...it really isn't the end of the world to have to limp through a few innings with a guy out of position. Not like we're playing for the pennant this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLoin View Post
    What's gotten into Plouffe? Did he finally realize his roster spot was in jeopardy? Just hit .250 with 20 HR's and we'll keep you around!
    You'd think so, but Garrett Jones did that for Pittsburgh after we let him go. (Yes, I'm aware Garrett Jones was terrible for the Twins, I watched those games )

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
    You'd think so, but Garrett Jones did that for Pittsburgh after we let him go. (Yes, I'm aware Garrett Jones was terrible for the Twins, I watched those games )
    Ok, well we'd keep him around for this season anyway....then let him go to be picked up by Pittsburgh!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Nothing has gotten into Plouffe, he is neither the guy who hit .114 (or whatever), nor the guy that will hit a HR in every game like the last two days. This is why you don't play a guy for 10 games and make a decision that is contrary to years of data from the minors and majors....(positive or negative).
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mauer does not appear to be running well. That double play grounder he hit was not hit hard and I thought it would have been a much closer play at first.
    TwinsGuy55422

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Walters sure seems to have calmed down after being a little wild on the first. Hopefully his pitch count will stay low enough for him to give us 7 solid innings today.
    TwinsGuy55422

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Nothing has gotten into Plouffe, he is neither the guy who hit .114 (or whatever), nor the guy that will hit a HR in every game like the last two days. This is why you don't play a guy for 10 games and make a decision that is contrary to years of data from the minors and majors....(positive or negative).
    Nice post.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    PJ....Don't think....Just throw!

crash_display_image.jpg

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    God I hate it when Revere can't get on base....Oh wait....

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do not bunt, dozier!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinsGuy55422 View Post
    Mauer does not appear to be running well. That double play grounder he hit was not hit hard and I thought it would have been a much closer play at first.
    Maybe it's bi-lateral shoelace weakness....

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Hard to tell from the TV shot, but I wonder if the LFer was playing shallower for Mauer than for Revere.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Great AB by Hammer.... Fister can't go too much longer already being at 87 pitches.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tigers need three DHs!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Drew must have told him it was going to be a fastball....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast