Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seedlings To Stars Twins Prospect List

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ''Boyd is a dark horse in the organization"

Its silly to call a guy who signed a HUGE over slot signing bonus a "dark horse"

Boyd is the definition of a million dollar bonus baby. There is nothing "out of no where" about him

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post

Its silly to call a guy who signed a HUGE over slot signing bonus a "dark horse"

Boyd is the definition of a million dollar bonus baby. There is nothing "out of no where" about him
    Exactly, he is the first 1st rounder that I have ever herd called a dark horse
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    I agree with all of this. Giolito is really enticing, but he is so different from what the Twins usually look for. I hope Houston takes Appel so the Twins do not have a choice and have to take Giolito.

I don't see Sano sticking at third. I wonder if Niko Goodrum eventually ends up there. He certainly has the arm, and if he fills out, he could develop some decent power. Levi Michael seems like the type of player who will overachieve. If he stays healthy as a pro, he could be a rich-man's Nick Punto.
    Ouch...I have not liked the Levi Michael pick from day ONE! I would imagine you don't either since .....IF he overachieves and iF he stays healthy he COULD be a rich-man's Nick Punto.......OUCH!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sano has 3 options on where to play, 1B, 3B, DH

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Exactly, he is the first 1st rounder that I have ever herd called a dark horse
    The "Dark Horse" statement is because of his positioning in the "Prospect Lists" . Not on top 10 for BA & Keith Law and La Velle; Seth and Twinkie Town have them at #20, Mayo & Goldstein have him at 12. You'd think a first rounder who has not thrown a pitch in pro ball, would get more love, wouldn't you ?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    The "Dark Horse" statement is because of his positioning in the "Prospect Lists" . Not on top 10 for BA & Keith Law and La Velle; Seth and Twinkie Town have them at #20, Mayo & Goldstein have him at 12. You'd think a first rounder who has not thrown a pitch in pro ball, would get more love, wouldn't you ?
    If that would be the case, the Rays and Angels would have around 7 of those each....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12