Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Joe Mauer 3B?

  1. #61
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,042
    Like
    1,189
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by tpb8 View Post
    We have a hole at 3B so to fill it we're going to move our Gold Glove catcher there, and in his place we're going to put a guy that hits .200 with no XB power whatsoever. Tell me what this solves again?
    Doumit hits .200 with no XB power whatsoever? My Bad... I thought Doumit hits better than that. I got my stat sheets from Twinsnorth. I forgot it was in the metric system.

  2. #62
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,655
    Like
    26
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Doumit hits .200 with no XB power whatsoever? My Bad... I thought Doumit hits better than that. I got my stat sheets from Twinsnorth. I forgot it was in the metric system.
    I think this poster is referring to Drew Butera, blessed be his name, with Doumit at DH.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  3. #63
    Super Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    5,340
    Like
    1,419
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpb8 View Post
    We have a hole at 3B so to fill it we're going to move our Gold Glove catcher there, and in his place we're going to put a guy that hits .200 with no XB power whatsoever. Tell me what this solves again?
    Try to think in terms longer than thru the end of the month. This is not about 2012. This is about trying to get the best value out of the $138m still owed to Mauer. Butera doesn't have to be the catcher for that time frame, believe it or not.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Try to think in terms longer than thru the end of the month. This is not about 2012. This is about trying to get the best value out of the $138m still owed to Mauer. Butera doesn't have to be the catcher for that time frame, believe it or not.
    Sorry, I forgot the stud cather we have coming up through the minors. What's his name again?

    The best way to get the most value out of Mauer is to leave him at catcher. If we can sign a FA catcher, why can't we sign a FA 3B? Why do we need to resort to teaching a 28-29 year old lifetime catcher how to play 3B? 3B is much harder than 1B, sees a lot more hard chances and requires more movement and diving attempts. It hardly sounds like a solution to keeping Mauer healthy.

  5. #65
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,932
    Like
    472
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Doumit hits .200 with no XB power whatsoever? My Bad... I thought Doumit hits better than that. I got my stat sheets from Twinsnorth. I forgot it was in the metric system.

    According to my math Ryan Doumit is actually hitting .423 using the standard 1.609 km to mile conversion. That's how we do math in Canada, it's a clever trick by the government to convince us we're getting more for less, i.e. 1 gallon of beer= 3.78 litres, 3 is bigger than 1, therefore I should pay 3 times what an American pays for a case of beer.

    Stay away from metric.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.