Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oswalt?

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He won't come... He's trying to pick the World Series winner to join. If he would come... We don't need vets. We need youth.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forget it

The guy isn't what he used to be. He wouldn't come here. They need youth.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    I agree that there isn't a snowball's chance in July that Oswalt is going to sign with the Twins... However I have to disagree with all the posters on here that say the Twins do not need vets... The Twins have losts of youth... Any really good team has a good mix of vets and young players.... A team of all young players doesn't have much of a chance...

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gmarais66 View Post
    I agree that there isn't a snowball's chance in July that Oswalt is going to sign with the Twins... However I have to disagree with all the posters on here that say the Twins do not need vets... The Twins have losts of youth... Any really good team has a good mix of vets and young players.... A team of all young players doesn't have much of a chance...
    Any really good team. Thats the key line in your post. We need youth so we can determine which of them will be our vets when we start to compete for a title again. I admire your desire to stay competitive. It's rebuilding time. Or will soon be... I'm sorry I shouldn't officially give up on this season in May.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Any really good team. Thats the key line in your post. We need youth so we can determine which of them will be our vets when we start to compete for a title again. I admire your desire to stay competitive. It's rebuilding time. Or will soon be... I'm sorry I shouldn't officially give up on this season in May.
    I am not "giving up" totally on this being a productive season in some fashion. I agree with gmarais that veterans are needed . . . just not fairly washed-up ones in the middle of the season. 1-2 starting veterans (throwing out Dempster's name again . . . though I can't imagine the Cubs not trading him this year . . . but that team is pretty dumb) in the offseason. Pray to Cy Young that Gibson, Wimmers and Stuifbergen are healthy by the end of this year, and that Bromberg and Hendriks take the next step, maybe add one AA or AAA pitching prospect in the Pavano trade that will hopefully happen, add Zimmer, Gausman, or Appel, see how Salcedo, Solimon, Darnell, Dean, Hermsen, Boyd, Williams, and Summers do this year. The Twins have guys in the system . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12