Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade partners

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    I don't really see why Trumbo would be a good piece for a rebuilding effort. He's only 2 years younger than Span, he has some pop but he makes a lot of outs. WAR, which has many, many problems, has them basically tied over the last two years, despite Span missing half of last year. He doesn't seem a good fit for us and Span isn't a good fit for them.

Liked 688 Times in 444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Angels don't need Span at all. Other teams could use Span.

Id like to see Trumbo on the Twins. Span won't bring him here tho. Capps is about the only player the Angels would be interested in and he wont be enough to bring in Trumbo because they don't need him. The Angels are tossing aside Abreu cuz they are stacked.

The Angels basically need almost nothing except to have their current lineup start playing baseball.

Why the hell are you people talking about Trumbo. Get real about the need of this club. He DOES NOT fill a need. Not one. He sucks at 3b, Mauer is a better option. We have a 1b, DH and OF's. WE NEED PITCHING!!!!!! If you are not talking about what players we can trade for pitchers, then this thread is a waste of time.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
    Mark Trumbo is 26 years old and has 30-HR power potential. The Angels are FLOODED with OF talent, so why would they give away a guy who can absolutely mash and play a bit of 3B, corner OF, 1B, and DH? They already have speedy OF's in Trout and Bourjos.

I don't question that Trumbo or Morales may be traded someday, but I don't think Span is nearly enough. And the prospects we would offer don't hold a candle to guys already in their organization.
    Totally agree with this take. Once you get past Span, is there anyone that other teams would target?

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't see them trading Morneau....Span, Capps, Doumit...a bullpen arm maybe.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    I don't see them trading Morneau....Span, Capps, Doumit...a bullpen arm maybe.
    I could see them moving Willingham if the offer was good enough, too.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 198 Times in 125 Posts
    I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second. In this thread, Mark Trumbo has been compared to Cecil Fielder, Mark Teixeira, Ryan Howard, Troy Tulowitzki and Adam Dunn. Trumbo had a .768 OPS last year, combined, the four players listed above had two full seasons where they had an OPS that low. One was Fielder's final season in the league and the other was Dunn's historic disaster last year in which his OBP was still higher than Trumbo's. Trumbo's had a good month and I could care less about the K's but he does not get on base enough to be compared to other elite sluggers.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What would our options be if we decided to keep Span and trade some of our OF's who are potentially being blocked by him? I'm sure there are teams out there willing to take a shot at Revere, Benson, Hicks, maybe even our Italian Stallions (Mastroianni and Tosoni).

We also seem to have a surplus of young arms in the area of long relief/spot starter that probably won't turn out to be better than #4 or #5 starters. Any options out there for getting anything worth having for Manship, Swarzak, Hicks, Walters, etc?

I know we almost certainly aren't going to get A-level big league talent for these guys, but they could get us some guys to fill in at 3b/2b/SS where we are pretty thin right now, or maybe a package to get one half-way decent veteran starter (a 2010 Pavano, rather than a 2012 Marquis).

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why on earth is anyone talking about trading anyone for anything other than pitching? I certainly won't even think about a Span for some position player!

Free agency is going to be the way to go for starting pitching, by the way. Just sayin . . . ok, since this is essentially another ridiculous trade Span thread, I am leaving.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    my guys:

Didi Gregorious SS - Reds

NIEL RAMIREZ SP - Rangers (been advocating him for months around here)

Erik Surkamp SP - Giants

Adieny Hechavarria SS - Blue Jays

Ryan Cook RP - Athletics
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. A.B. Walker (OF-A) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11. Max Kepler (OF-A) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, P Ryan Eades.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 136 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    Why on earth is anyone talking about trading anyone for anything other than pitching? I certainly won't even think about a Span for some position player!

Free agency is going to be the way to go for starting pitching, by the way. Just sayin . . . ok, since this is essentially another ridiculous trade Span thread, I am leaving.
    This club needs pitching, but they also need power. Sano is years away and who knows if he'll pan out. There aren't many, if any, other hitters that profile as having above average power. If they can snag some low-wage guys with power, they need to do that as well as grabbing power arms.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I doubt it, but I wonder if there's any way a Span trade with the Rangers could land us Jurickson Profar. They seem pretty intent on having a Kinsler/Andrus infield for the future.
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 05-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Liked 688 Times in 444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post

I agree with Shane on this... We need a lot of things but Pitching is the way back and pitching is risky so You need extra pitchers just to cover for those who don't pan out. So let the collecting and auditioning begin. If we sign a Jason Marquis type next year just to eat innings it will signal loud and clear that the front office is leading us to mediocre-ness. Young arms please and as many as you can collect. We just might find an out of owhere Young Vogelsong along the way. How bout an out of nowhere Fister like guy. Maybe we have a couple of like examples with Diamond and Walters.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Out of that Angels mix, the player they would move is Torii Hunter, not Trumbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12