Thread: Is Parmelee still on 40-man?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is Parmelee still on 40-man?

Does someone know for sure if Parmelee is still on the 40-man roster or not? Originally he was optioned, which normally means he stays on the 40-man. The Twins website, however, does not have him on there and hasn't for some time. In addition, the Rochester webpage lists him on their roster but also says he is not on the 40-man. At first I thought it was a glitch, but it's been over a week.

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd be shocked if he wasn't "just optioned." But if it's wrong in two places, it's worth looking into, so I'll do that.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Including Scott Baker, there are only 39 players on the 40-man roster.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    On the transactions page is says "optioned" to Rochester on 5/16 and there are no other transactions for Parmelee since. If he was dropped from the 40-man it would say "outrighted" to Rochester instead of optioned as it does for Maloney.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's on the 40 man. If he was taken off he would have had to pass through waivers, and there would have been plenty of news on that (and chances are someone would've grabbed him)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    He's on the 40 man. If he was taken off he would have had to pass through waivers, and there would have been plenty of news on that (and chances are someone would've grabbed him)
    I thought that would be the case but wasn't sure so I left it out. Thanks for the added info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    That was my assumption too, and I agree the most likely answer is both websites are incorrect. I was just surprised the website wasn't accurate, and seeing two that were inaccurate for so long raised the question in my mind.

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Verified - No surprise, he is still on the 40 man roster. Not sure why the websites are both wrong.

Blog Entries
    And lo and behold, both websites have now been updated. Welcome back, Chris!