Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Big tease from RT Rybak

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries

Big tease from RT Rybak

I was on the WCCO website this morning and there was an article about a "major announcement" from the Minneapolis mayor regarding an event coming to the city in the summer of 2014 that would have a huge economic impact on the city and state. Obviously, my immediate thought was, what else could it be besides the MLB All-star game. I'm sure everybody here knows the Twins are a favorite to get that game and an announcement should come soon.

Then 11:00 came and they announced it would be a junior national volleyball tournament. Just thought I would share my disappointment with everyone here. I still have hope that we get that game.

hahahaha how disappointing.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    I love vollyball!

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    They were talking about the volleyball tournament on MPR last night, so the MLB All-Star game wouldn't have been the big announcement I thought of first. But that doesn't mean the All-Star game won't be here in 2014. I wouldn't expect the mayor to be the one to announce that one though. Maybe someone from the Twins, but more likely someone like Bud Selig will make that announcement.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    . I wouldn't expect the mayor to be the one to announce that one though. Maybe someone from the Twins, but more likely someone like Bud Selig will make that announcement.
    I thought of that after the fact but still...major event, huge economic impact, summer 2014...what am I supposed to think? LOL, oh well, good for the volleyball fans I guess.

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    I thought of that after the fact but still...major event, huge economic impact, summer 2014...what am I supposed to think? LOL, oh well, good for the volleyball fans I guess.
    While it might not have the impact that the MLB all-star game would, the volleyball event is supposed to pretty much take up every hotel room in Minneapolis and a good chunk of hotel rooms in the surrounding suburbs as well. So, I understand why he described it as a major event with a big economic impact. Overall, it's a good thing for the city and surrounding cities. Not a huge deal for us baseball fans though.

Also, It is expected that the 2014 All Star Game will in fact be at Target Field. That hasn't been officially announced though. After all, they just announced where the 2013 all-star game will be a few days ago. But this might cheer you up:
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...-all-star-game
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Not a huge shock. MLB has always rewarded new stadiums with an all-star game a few years after they open.

I wonder if we will see Sano before that game...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think they just announced the 2013 all-star game, so it'll be awhile before they announce 2014