Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since we are playing the Whiteys-what about AJ

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ltwedt View Post
    How can you not like a catcher who hits 300+ every year?
    If only they kept track of what people hit and recorded it somewhere that people could access, that would be awesome!

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    I love AJ he was a great catcher. What makes me laugh when the Sox come here that people boo him and I asked them why and they don't know or have a lame answer. He drove pitchers nuts fouling off so many pitches, something you have not seen a Twins hitter do since he left. Who cares if he was an A-hole he was a great player and I would love to see him as a Twin again.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Therefore, he's not coming back to the Twins, and the Twins don't want him back. I respect his talent and the years he played for the Twins, but good riddance after all that's gone on since then.
    Yeah, don't forget about what his trade brought back to MN. If only we could trade Mauer and get half the talent in return and get out of that horrible contract. Fire Terry Ryan and Gardy and bring back AJ!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Almost everyone loves a hard-nosed player. Not nearly as many love a dirty player. I think that's the gist of the wide-spread feelings on AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Yeah, don't forget about what his trade brought back to MN. If only we could trade Mauer and get half the talent in return and get out of that horrible contract. Fire Terry Ryan and Gardy and bring back AJ!!!
    The Twins would get an equal talent in tha AJ for Mauer swap. AJ still probably has more years left as a catcher than Joe does and AJ can actually hit homers. Since Joe got paid he seems more interested in DHing as opposed to playing the position he was paid to play.

I feel like a lot of the people who are loving AJ are remembering the last few years when there hasn't been a huge rivalry between the two teams and forgetting the times when they were competitive and he was aggravating all of us.

I love AJ. The Twins could use a guy like him. He is a competitor. He is an a-hole. He plays hard!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Like some have said, AJ looks to be in decline, but his decline seems to be slow one. I'd expect a few more years of 400 PA's, a .270 BA, and 7 -11 HR's. He's not a catch and throw guy, but seems to handle a pitching staff more than competently. Would I want Pierzynski to rejoin the Twins as a player - No. Would I want T-Hunt to rejoin the team as a player - also no. Let's deal with the crisis that is now and look positively to rebuilding for the future. Nostalgia for players of the past is all and good, but is of no benefit to the task at hand. Cudos to AJ for still having a impactful career.
    In my opinion the Twins need a guy like AJ or Torii to challenge some of the others on the team. They don't need both of them and AJ will be less expensive and more valuable as he a catcher than as another outfielder. I would take Hunter as well, but he will probably fetch around 8 million and I think AJ will be around 3-4 million.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12