Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Bromberg

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If I'm not mistaken, this was his first start (after a couple of bullpen outings) since missing over a month with a shoulder injury. So, 83 pitches was likely a limit. Also, if aplayer from the 32nd round gets to the big leagues and becomes Anthony Swarzak, that's a huge thing.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bromberg is one of the prospects that I have become fixated on. He had 1 monster season in A ball and I keep waiting for him to repeat it.

I am not 100% clear on the rules, but I think if he is not on the 40 man roster he can be a FA at the end of the season.
    If that is correct, he should be added at year end.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth I agree. I'd rather see us move our own guys up and give them prolonged chances to make the active roster. Especially since we give journeyman nobodies so many opportunities. I am actually excited for these last few months. If the front office has an ounce of sense the tryouts should be starting soon. Maybe we find some more GEMS.

Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Bromberg is one of the prospects that I have become fixated on. He had 1 monster season in A ball and I keep waiting for him to repeat it.

I am not 100% clear on the rules, but I think if he is not on the 40 man roster he can be a FA at the end of the season.
    If that is correct, he should be added at year end.
    He is a 6 yr minor league FA after this yr IF he is not added back to the 40 man roster....to which he has 2 option yrs remaining.
    One of my #1 per peeves with the organization is how they fail to promote their own prospects but continually give mulit-retread players a chance over them....Jeff Gray types....or let their own developed minor league players go while replacing em in AAA/AA with other teams castoffs....Yangervis Solarte/Dustin Martin for Wilken Ramirez/Clete Thomas for ex.
    I have no guess on what MN will do with him.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    He is a 6 yr minor league FA after this yr IF he is not added back to the 40 man roster....to which he has 2 option yrs remaining.
    One of my #1 per peeves with the organization is how they fail to promote their own prospects but continually give mulit-retread players a chance over them....Jeff Gray types....or let their own developed minor league players go while replacing em in AAA/AA with other teams castoffs....Yangervis Solarte/Dustin Martin for Wilken Ramirez/Clete Thomas for ex.
    I have no guess on what MN will do with him.
    I do not recall them having much luck with Slama when he was up before. Walks galore. At the start of the season the pitchers at Rochester deserved to be there. On reason to have the retreads is that there are no others coming up. Martin and Solarte are really no loss. Yet the team has to have winning players to help develop the rising players. If you have a team half full of plaers incapable of playing at the AAA level, why would the other team pitch to the few who are. Now wins, no fans, no affiliate.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    green - you realize that every single organization in baseball signs veterans and minor league veterans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    green - you realize that every single organization in baseball signs veterans and minor league veterans, right?
    I understand that, when its needed.
    We signed Matt Carson or Wilkin Ramirez because we planned on lettin Dustin Martin/Brandon Roberts types go. If they are done playing thats one thing but I prefer to stay with your own developed guys if they are equal.
    I woulda preferred to keep Yangervis Solarte to AAA rather than sign Sean Burroughs. I would rather see Steve Hirshfield/Dave Bromberg gets shots in ROC than go get the Luke French/Matt Maloney/Jeff Gray's.
    Last yr, I woulda prefered keeping Brock Peterson to signin Aaron Bates....that type of signing I dislike.
    We have been signing the AAA vets to get shots over our own guys. Now that may a indictment of our own guys but I prefer to have your own guys get a shot.
    After that, I understand you have to fill holes....but after that!!!
    Just my preference

Anyone else following Dave surprised that 3 days after pitching a 6inning shutout....they had him go 1.2IP out of pen today???
    Been bumping him back/forth since his return. Are they stretching him out for starter spot or pen??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12