Thread: Liam Hendriks

Liam Hendriks

Didnt see another thread on him personally so.....
    Tonight
    7IP 5h 0er 9k 2bb ......4 very solid starts in row.
    Could see 4 ROC starters in another week or so IMO.
    His last 2 starts were horrible.....first 2 were very solid (2nd was marred by horrible Alexi Casilla defense) & his 2011 starts were all pretty decent or at least a pitch or 2 away from having a solid game.
    Im still a big believer in him & think he & KGibson will be anchors for this staff for the next 5yrs (hopefully also with our #1 pick).

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 198 Times in 125 Posts
    Well the atmosphere when he was up at the beginning of the year was dismal. Now that the young pitchers are holding their own there is an air of positivity. I'm not sure why decent pitching seems to be contagious, but seeing as Hendriks seems to be a better prospect, and just as (in)experienced as Diamond, Walters and DeVries, I'd think a better showing would be in store for him when he gets his next shot.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And then, to take Hendrik's spot in Rochester, they can bring up Hermsen who has been going gangbusters for New Britain - 5 solid starts in a row, 2.83 ERA, 0.97 WHIP

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While Hendriks has been pitching well recently down in AAA, all indications are that he is still working on attacking the strike zone more and not getting away with things at AAA that he wouldn't get away with in the Bigs. But that being said, it sounds like he is getting closer to being recalled and most likely taking DeVries spot in the rotation.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    I wouldn't be in a rush to bring him back up, let him dominate AAA for another few weeks at least, last thing we want to do is bring him up early again only to watch him get shelled again. The season is still plenty young.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    DeVries will get his second start Tuesday, the Twins have an off-day Thursday so that would allow them to send DeVries down and wait on Blackburn or whatever until June 5th.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    DeVries will get his second start Tuesday, the Twins have an off-day Thursday so that would allow them to send DeVries down and wait on Blackburn or whatever until June 5th.
    They' practically the same pitcher except for salary

Another great start for Liam Hendriks on SAT
    8.2 IP 3h 0r 2bb 10k--- 124 pitches.......
    Gotta be him next SAT for the 5th starter doesnt it??.......Pavano shoulder wont heal by then, he needs more time.

7starts 5W OL 46.1 IP 28hits 10er 1.94ERA 42K 13bb
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 06-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Another great start for Liam Hendriks on SAT
    8.2 IP 3h 0r 2bb 10k--- 124 pitches.......
    Gotta be him next SAT for the 5th starter doesnt it??.......Pavano shoulder wont heal by then, he needs more time.

7starts 5W OL 46.1 IP 28hits 10er 1.94ERA 42K 13bb
    After 10 strikeouts in one game, it seems like he should be ready (and deserving) to come back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do you guys think Hendriks upside is?

Quote Originally Posted by PMKI View Post
    healthy Scott Baker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    healthy Scott Baker
    I like that

Quote Originally Posted by PMKI View Post
    Mid-bottom (3-5) of the rotation starter, nothing wrong with that though (unless your rotation consists of 5 of those guys), you need 5 starters

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hes ready... He needs to come back up... Sub 2 era with 5-0 record. Almost 50 innings pitched with nearly a K per inning. I dont know how much better one can do in AAA. I would like to see the team move blackburn out of the rotation but since that pribably wont happen maybe they can move walters?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    Mid-bottom (3-5) of the rotation starter, nothing wrong with that though (unless your rotation consists of 5 of those guys), you need 5 starters
    Didn't the Twins do reasonably well with Santana and 4 fours? You really do not know what Hendricks will do unless you let him pitch and figure it out at the major league level. I would dislike comparing him to Brad Radke, but that is the impression. Won't overpower you but will fool you.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Didn't the Twins do reasonably well with Santana and 4 fours? You really do not know what Hendricks will do unless you let him pitch and figure it out at the major league level. I would dislike comparing him to Brad Radke, but that is the impression. Won't overpower you but will fool you.
    Yea but a prime santana only comes around once a decade (if that). Hendricks showed a lot of poise in the brief stint he had so far at the major league level and it looks like hes worked out any kinks after going back to AAA. Hes ready!!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts
    Dear All,

There is absolutely no "c" in Hendriks. I shall expect that everyone spell it right from here on out. That is all.

Thank you.