Justin Morneau 1B
    Ryan Doumit DH
    Dozier SS
    Carrol 2B
    Plouffe - 3B
    Sp- P.J. (the "Wall") Walters

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nature abhors a vacuum, so I am creating this thread for today's game. I wish that I could figure out how to edit the title because I forgot to add the date, which is 6/2/12

Blog Entries
    Where is everyone? Too depressed after yesterday's game?

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Where is everyone? Too depressed after yesterday's game?
    I just started watching. Weird start time kind of threw me off. Nice to see Mauer hit one out.....although it would be even nicer to see a Twins starter get through 5 complete innings every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    I just started watching. Weird start time kind of threw me off. Nice to see Mauer hit one out.....although it would be even nicer to see a Twins starter get through 5 complete innings every once in a while.
    Wait, tomorrow's game has the unusual start time, not today's. Disregard my previous post...I'm still getting use to living in the Pacific Time Zone.

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you NTF. The game is not in my cable package today so I am "watching" on cbssportsline.com. It's not easy being a Twins fan in California.

Did Mauer hit it far?

Blog Entries
    Wait, tomorrow's game has the unusual start time, not today's. Disregard my previous post...I'm still getting use to living in the Pacific Time Zone.
    You are in Seattle?

Glad to see you NTF. The game is not in my cable package today so I am "watching" on cbssportsline.com. It's not easy being a Twins fan in California.

Did Mauer hit it far?
    I'm actually following the game online as well.....I usually watch the games on MLB.com, but it's blacked out today for some reason. I live just north of Seattle. What part of California do you live in?

Blog Entries
    I'm actually following the game online as well.....I usually watch the games on MLB.com, but it's blacked out today for some reason. I live just north of Seattle. What part of California do you live in?
    Beverly Hills - swimmin pools, movie stars and not enough Twins games. This blackout sucks.

Liked 56 Times in 32 Posts
    Nice inning by Burton. Hopefully we can get to Capps with at least this three-run lead. It won't feel safe, but it will feel as close to safe as we can hope for.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    I would like some physicist to explain to all of us how that Mauer HR made it out of the park. I don't know if I've ever seen a ball with that low of a trajectory make it over the fence. That line drive shows that Mauer still has plenty of power, normally his swing just does not naturally take advantage of it.

Nice to see Plouffe perk up. Two run producing hits and unbelievably only one was a HR. Boy would it be nice if he could find away to be a short term answer at 3B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    Nice inning by Burton. Hopefully we can get to Capps with at least this three-run lead. It won't feel safe, but it will feel as close to safe as we can hope for.
    Another couple of runs in the top of the 9th would be nice. The top of the order is hitting today.

Beverly Hills - swimmin pools, movie stars and not enough Twins games. This blackout sucks.
    Oh yeah, I guess it says "Beverly Hills" right there on your location.

Hopefully the Twins can tack on a run or two. No lead ever feels safe this season.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully the Twins can tack on a run or two. No lead ever feels safe this season.
    The Twins need to beat the Indians at least once this year, and today seems like a good day to do that.

Blog Entries
    Is Mauer going for the league record in GIDPs?

Blog Entries
    Twins WIN. Nice game even though the Wall struggled.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    37 GiDP's will be tough to reach, but he might be stubborn enough to do it. The defense plays him right up the middle because that is obviously his preference. The 2B is giving plenty of room on his 1B side if Mauer would only try to pull the ball. Of course he could avoid the infielders all together if he would stop thinking that a 58% groundball, 18% flyball rate is the key to winning a batting title. A 25-29% flyball rate won him batting titles in the past, I don't know what has changed the last two years. His three seasons where his groundball rate was +50% were the only seasons he did not hit over .300.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Boy would it be nice if he could find away to be a short term answer at 3B.
    As of now, for the most part, he pretty much is. For the season I really do believe he will hit over .230 even though some might find that hard to imagine. He has power and has been okay at 3B (except for a couple "In your face" mistakes). I have pimped Plouffe way to much, but I still believe he can be an answer, rather than a player who creates a question because of his performance. Keep throwing him out at the hot corner - let's make our final judgement in October.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mds

I'm in Malibu across the street from Geoffrey's. 4 2/3 scoreless relief, not bad.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    As of now, for the most part, he pretty much is. For the season I really do believe he will hit over .230 even though some might find that hard to imagine. He has power and has been okay at 3B (except for a couple "In your face" mistakes). I have pimped Plouffe way to much, but I still believe he can be an answer, rather than a player who creates a question because of his performance. Keep throwing him out at the hot corner - let's make our final judgement in October.
    I think he can do it. I don't see high average but I do see pop potential and I think he will find that stroke. At least I hope he finds that stroke. MLB pitchers are tough and he has to even up those battles he had been losing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast