Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Mitch Brown

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mitch Brown

For Minnesota fans wanting updates on Mitch Brown, he has now signed with Cleveland, for a $800,000 signing bonus ($140,300 over slot). The terms also include the value of a 4-year scholarship to USD, valued at $196,000.

Way to go, Mitch. Good luck!

thats ok.....our crack scouting staff knows that Luke Baird is gonna be the steal of the draft.....or rather our crackheads in scouting know Baird will tear his UCL in 2014 & we could save money signing him instead

I figured that money was the reason the Twins didn't draft Brown and I was correct. The Twins just don't value draft picks or prospects enough to pay above slot for anyone.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For once I am happy that the Twins have passed on a local kid. In the past they have been burned by drafting local both at the high school and college levels. At this point Brown has one single above average pitch FB. He is playing with a cutter and a change and has a couple below average breaking offerings. Major work in progress. Also, he has not faced any real competition, and, being from MN, he can play ball only 5-6 month a year. Plus he came practically out of nowhere. Nobody knew who Mitch Brown was in 2011. He was ranked in the 400s as far as high schoolers go. Then jumped this season...

Really glad they stayed away...

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Plus he came practically out of nowhere. Nobody knew who Mitch Brown was in 2011. He was ranked in the 400s as far as high schoolers go.
    Baseball America had him as the 77th rated high school senior coming into this year. Not exactly nowhere. But not exactly supplemental round either. Like I said before, it will be interesting to see what Chargois got.