Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game 60 - Twins vs Phightin' Phils - 6/12/12

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Word up Glunn! Sorry, I have been a bit busy with some things and have been missing. Changing June to Plouffe makes total sense... especially because Plouffe's B-Day is on Friday... Plouffe 15th... that is also my day of birth. If things keep going the way they are we might have a few cities named Plouffeapolis and St. Plouffe... "The Plouffe Cities".
    Heyyy, my birthday is Friday too!! Whoa!
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    I should think no. I think the Target field aura got into Kubel's head and became psycho-somatic (I think this goes for other current players as well), so it doesn't surprise me that new guys who haven't been inundated with the aura of 'vast expanses' of TF don't let it affect them. Regardless, I will opine that unless you are a pull-hitting power lefty, the park is easier on righties.
    I 100% agree with your Kubel theory and the fact that it has psychologically messed with the heads of a few other Twins in the power category. Willingham and Plouffe have been a delight to say the least!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Heyyy, my birthday is Friday too!! Whoa!
    Well happy birthday my friend! June 15th... cool! A former Acquaintance of mine once told me "I am a Gemini. You will never get to know us." I always thought that was humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    I am not sure what website it is, but it was giving the Twins a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs. Of course, with their recent resurgence, this number probably isn't right.
    Yeah, there's no way that's correct. A 0.0% chance would mean that even if the Twins won the rest of their games and teams ahead of them lost the rest of their games, they still wouldn't make the playoffs. As it stands now, the Twins are only 8.5 games out of first with 102 games remaining....far from impossible.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Time to build for the playoffs. Trade Liriano Blackburn and Valencia for an above average starter.
    Why be stingy? Throw in Nishioka and acquire yourself an ace.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Word up Glunn! Sorry, I have been a bit busy with some things and have been missing. Changing June to Plouffe makes total sense... especially because Plouffe's B-Day is on Friday... Plouffe 15th... that is also my day of birth. If things keep going the way they are we might have a few cities named Plouffeapolis and St. Plouffe... "The Plouffe Cities".
    I love those ideas, especially "St. Plouffe."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345