Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Jays release Vlad Guerrero

Jays release Vlad Guerrero

Just saw on ESPN the Vlad the impaler has been released. Truthfully I don't think it would be to detrimental to pick him up. Give the Twins an off the bench option with power

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Power? Any idea of 37 year old Vlad's numbers this season?

.214/.233/.286 0 HRs in AAA Vegas of the Pacific Coast League. That's Nishi kind of power

On the other hand, I would love it if the Twins signed him and gave him a spot in Rochester to make the natives shut up about the Twins not giving them star quality players
    Last edited by Thrylos; 06-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I was thinkin he could spend time in Rochester and see if he can find his groove. We could give him 1.1 with some performance incentives.

Hold on a sec. I think your numbers are a bit off. This is from ESPN
    "Guerrero, 37, batted .358 with four homers and 12 RBIs in 12 minor league games with the Blue Jays' organization. He agreed to a pro-rated deal last month with a base salary of $1.3 million"

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hold on a sec. I think your numbers are a bit off. This is from ESPN
    "Guerrero, 37, batted .358 with four homers and 12 RBIs in 12 minor league games with the Blue Jays' organization. He agreed to a pro-rated deal last month with a base salary of $1.3 million"
    Here are his numbers. ESPN's unfortunately include his numbers while on rehab at High A Dunedin. I suspect that he will kill at Fort Myers too
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

cool thanks

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 380 Times in 233 Posts
    I don't put much more weight on 7 poor games in AAA than I do in the 4 positive games in A. There's not much room for him right now if the Twins want to continue to give at bats to Revere, Parmelee and Doumit. If they want to pick him up and drop Butera, Mastroianni or one of the bullpen arms I guess that would be fine. He won't gain too much, but when contending teams get desperate, the name Vladamir Guerrero is probably more valuable come July 31 than he is now if you want to hang onto him that long.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    He's done. I mean, really, he's done. It's like on the Vikings' board, where people are saying pick up TO....eventually guys are done.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree. He's done. Although, he might fit in well with Norfolk though.

I've always been a fan, so I wouldn't mind seeing the Twins give him a shot as a part-time DH vs LHP. Doumit and Morneau have struggled against LHP this season.