Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 61 - Twins vs Phillies - 6/13/12

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They're going to need a true gem from Diamond tomorrow - the bullpen is going to be shot to *#*).

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Not that I'm trying to defend the decision to send him out, but I'm guessing that the fact they had to use five pitchers from the bullpen last night played a role in rolling the dice and seeing if Walters could do anything.
    Well maybe that's why? Knowing they used 5, thought they could see if Walters could go, if not they would have Manship ready. Really no difference than scratching him and starting Manship.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    Going to need Butera early today.

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not that I'm trying to defend the decision to send him out, but I'm guessing that the fact they had to use five pitchers from the bullpen last night played a role in rolling the dice and seeing if Walters could do anything.
    That seems like it could have been a factor, but the risk of further injury to his shoulder makes me wish that someone gets fired for this.
    Last edited by glunn; 06-13-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    This will probably end the debate of what move to make. You keep Gray (ugh!), bring up Hendriks, and send Parmelee back to Rochester. Back to the 13-man pitching staff.

And then, if Walters needs to go on the DL, it's welcome back Cole.
    Last edited by IdahoPilgrim; 06-13-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    This will probably end the debate of what move to make. You keep Gray (ugh!), bring up Hendriks, and send Parmelee back to Rochester. Back to the 13-man pitching staff.
    Maybe they DL Walters to bring up Hendriks. But I would rather see Parmelee in Rochester than sitting on the bench.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Maybe they DL Walters to bring up Hendriks. But I would rather see Parmelee in Rochester than sitting on the bench.
    But then they're going to need another starter anyway. I'm guessing they were going to bring up Hendriks for Saturday regardless - now if Walters goes out of the rotation, you need to replace him as well, hence DeVries.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    If Doumit can get on, it's puuuullfffff time!

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Keep chipping away at that lead. One or two run an inning and we'll have a shot in the end.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Blog Entries
    And Swarzak is in now - so he can't be used for a start on Saturday.

Blog Entries
    And Swarzak is in now - so he can't be used for a start on Saturday.
    Time to call up Hendriks. He should be put on a plane tonight.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So the whole Target Field cheered for an opposing player hit a HR against the Twins. The same guy who hit one against the Twins in a game 163 a few years ago wearing a White Sux uni and made sure that the Twins did not make the post season. Yes he wore a Twins' uniform for a season and a half. But career-wise, he killed the Twins more than he helped them hands down.
    I find rooting for an opponent who hit a home run in your home turf unacceptable. Period. Gotta draw the line. I guess there is a "new" generation of Twins fans who don't mind losing and like to root for the Twins to lose. This might explain all the love of Gardy, Andy and Co. Maybe. I sure don't like it.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

come on, span the man!!!!!

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    I find rooting for an opponent who hit a home run in your home turf unacceptable. Period.
    Oh pull the cob out of your ass.

I guess there is a "new" generation of Twins fans who don't mind losing and like to root for the Twins to lose. This might explain all the love of Gardy, Andy and Co. Maybe. I sure don't like it.
    As for this part, get the @#$% over yourself.

Blog Entries
    So the whole Target Field cheered for an opposing player hit a HR against the Twins. The same guy who hit one against the Twins in a game 163 a few years ago wearing a White Sux uni and made sure that the Twins did not make the post season. Yes he wore a Twins' uniform for a season and a half. But career-wise, he killed the Twins more than he helped them hands down.
    I find rooting for an opponent who hit a home run in your home turf unacceptable. Period. Gotta draw the line. I guess there is a "new" generation of Twins fans who don't mind losing and like to root for the Twins to lose. This might explain all the love of Gardy, Andy and Co. Maybe. I sure don't like it.
    I see your point, but I also see their point. This man is a HOF player who was a hero when he played for the Twins. If I was at the game, I would have been silent when he hit the homer but forgiving of my fellow fans who cheered.

Blog Entries
    I can understand where you are coming from, but I have to admit it was fun to watch him hit another shot - even if it hurts us. It has nothing to do with liking losing, but in the short time he was here he really did connect with the fans, especially with his chase for 600 HRs. I don't know if you went to any games at Target Field the past couple of years, but I can tell you that a bond developed that is unusual with such a short stint, in part because it was clear in his interaction with the fans and the media that he is truly a class individual, and Minnesotans value that. I never want the Twins to lose, but at the same time I wish Thome all the best in whatever he does, and I thank him for the memories he left with me in the games I attended. Yes, he leads the league in HRs hit against the Twins (this was his 60th), but it was still a proud moment for us when he hit #600 in a Twins uniform.

A courtesy cheer for a legend and that means they are cheering for the Twins to lose?! That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Blog Entries
    I can understand where you are coming from, but I have to admit it was fun to watch him hit another shot - even if it hurts us. It has nothing to do with liking losing, but in the short time he was here he really did connect with the fans, especially with his chase for 600 HRs. I don't know if you went to any games at Target Field the past couple of years, but I can tell you that a bond developed that is unusual with such a short stint, in part because it was clear in his interaction with the fans and the media that he is truly a class individual, and Minnesotans value that. I never want the Twins to lose, but at the same time I wish Thome all the best in whatever he does, and I thank him for the memories he left with me in the games I attended. Yes, he leads the league in HRs hit against the Twins (this was his 60th), but it was still a proud moment for us when he hit #600 in a Twins uniform.
    This is a far more elegant response than mine, and I agree with it. I also share thrylos's frustration with the way the game is going tonight.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A couple of thoughts:

Walters looks to be not himself since pitch number 1. Something is wrong. Not to take yourself out of the game and staying and pitching BP and killing your team is inexcusable. (Pavano did the same thing too). Hope this is the last day of him in a Twins' uniform.

Jefferson Manship. I know there are a lot of fans here (Boras client and all), but the Twins can do better and there are more deserving arms in the minors.

Tonight really sucks so far

that's a little much don't ya think??

Willie HAMMER!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast