Thread: 2nd Half Promotions

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 377 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Why not?
    Why not let him try the Appy League?
    Why have him play another year of Rook ball next year?

Why not be a little more aggressive, if the kid is really that good?
    My assumption is that he will go to Beloit next season regardless of where he starts or finishes this season.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Just found out that Kimes has NOT been promoted to Beloit at this time... However, Eddie Rosario is on his way back to the Snappers.
    You just made my day, Seth. I'm in Beloit right now and will be at the next two games (tonight and tomorrow). Was hoping he might get back in time.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    You think Buxton starts in Beloit next year Seth?
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Now the Snappers are tweeting that Kimes HAS been promoted to Beloit. Cole Johnson put on the DL

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Now the Snappers are tweeting that Kimes HAS been promoted to Beloit. Cole Johnson put on the DL
    60ft6in has broke all the Snappers promotions before they've been announced, so I was a little surprised when it looked like he was wrong. He wasn't wrong.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 66 Times in 42 Posts
    Why would people care if Buxton is in GCL or Appy this year? If he gets to Beloit that is interesting. All he needs is reps for the rest of the year, either league is fine.
    Papers...business papers.

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Why would people care if Buxton is in GCL or Appy this year? If he gets to Beloit that is interesting. All he needs is reps for the rest of the year, either league is fine.
    Buxton will go to Etown next year. He will not be rushed to A ball and Coach Reed is one of the better hitting coaches the Twins have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    60ft6in has broke all the Snappers promotions before they've been announced, so I was a little surprised when it looked like he was wrong. He wasn't wrong.
    Thanks... I thought maybe I heard some incorrect info when Seth reported. Just trying to add something when I can...!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I was wrong. I asked about Kimes to Beloit, and if there were any other moves. I got the "No" answer, and thought it was regarding Kimes, but it was actually about any other transactions... other than the addition of Rosario back on to the roster.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    You think Buxton starts in Beloit next year Seth?
    I do, but that doesn't mean much... I think that with his talent, they should be patient if they need to be. But I think that the new rules which gets players signed sooner and playing earlier in the summer is a good one. Buxton signed pretty quickly and despite missing 8-10 days, he's played quite a bit and will go to instructs. I'm sure it'll be a numbers game too, but if he shows he's ready for that level, they're not going to block him.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 812 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Buxton will be in Elizabethon. Why rush him? He's not ripping up the GCL, and it isn't as though there aren't a ton of good OF prospects ahead of him....

gonna be hard to judge Buxton totally by his numbers this yr due to his 1-27start
    I think he's been better than expected (to me anyways) since then.... 14/47 (.298BAA) w/.681 slgg since then in 15gms

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456