Thread: JT Chargois

JT Chargois

Jonathan Thomas Chargois
    Born: 12/3/90 (21 years old)
    6'3" 200 lb
    College: Rice

Chargois is the 1Bat Rice as well as the Co-Closer(with fellow Twins pick Tyler Duffy) but he will pitch in the majors. Most think he is a closer type but I'm betting the Twins try him as a starter. He has a jerky wind up and almost a side arm action that somewhat resembles Pat Neshek. His fastball is said to be up to 98mph and is his best pitch. MLB.com has his second pitch to be a spiked curve and all others report a slider. I'm gonna go with a slider. One site(I can't remember or find it) said he had one of the best sliders in the draft and ESPN says that it is "almost comical" how it drops off. I would absolutely love this pick if Mitch Brown wasn't on the board at the time. He could be a future closer.

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-bas...gois_jt00.html

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20930861

After starting the season on the 7 day DL, JT is in Elizabethton an has made 4 appearances not allowing a hit or a run and striking out 4, his WHIP is 0.69, good start so far

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    How long do we keep him in E-town if he continues to dominate? If he throws 10 or 15 innings of no-hit ball is it then time to move him up to the Snappers to end the season?

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    wow, college pitcher in E-town? I'd have thought they started him in Fort Meyers.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and his name would be pronounced how? shar-gwah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vervehound View Post
    and his name would be pronounced how? shar-gwah?
    It's pronounced Char-gwah, or at least that's how the rice announcers here in Houston pronounced it...

Quote Originally Posted by twinsfanstreif View Post
    It's pronounced Char-gwah, or at least that's how the rice announcers here in Houston pronounced it...
    I've also heard SHAY-gwah as well...

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They'd already promoted 2nd rounder Mason Melotakis to Beloit, along with 4th rounder Zach Jones. My guess is that Chargois (and maybe Duffey) will join them before the Midwest League playoffs.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    It's pronounced like "sugar" and every time a batter crowds the plate he asks them, "What's the most you have ever lost on a coin toss?"

His name is pronounced Shag-wah. It isnt that hard!

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for the clarification.