Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Reds, 06/23/2012, 3:10pm

  1. #1
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,716
    Like
    33
    Liked 794 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Article: Twins vs. Reds, 06/23/2012, 3:10pm


  2. #2
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,716
    Like
    33
    Liked 794 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Lineups:

    Twins
    Span CF
    Revere RF
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Plouffe 3B
    Doumit C
    Dozier SS
    Carroll 2B
    (Duensing P)

    Reds
    Cozart SS
    Heisey CF
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Frazier LF
    Hanigan C
    (Cueto P)

  3. #3
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,625
    Like
    6
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    294
    Last night Mauer was deemed slower than Liam Hendriks. Today he's in the starting lineup. Be interested to see how he moves.

  4. #4
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,571
    Like
    89
    Liked 139 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Last night Mauer was deemed slower than Liam Hendriks. Today he's in the starting lineup. Be interested to see how he moves.
    Not necessarily slower, just they didn't want Mauer to aggravate the injury knowing that he wasn't going to stay in the game. Mauer/Hendriks were on first with runners ahead on second and third. All the runner on first had to do was go station to station.

  5. #5
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Not necessarily slower, just they didn't want Mauer to aggravate the injury knowing that he wasn't going to stay in the game. Mauer/Hendriks were on first with runners ahead on second and third. All the runner on first had to do was go station to station.
    It also seems possible that Hendriks runs pretty fast, and he might be used again as a pinch runner.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Like
    30
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Why does Cueto wear a towel under his cap? Is it to catch sweat like a headband or what?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  7. #7
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    It would be good to get some early runs here.

  8. #8
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,625
    Like
    6
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    294
    Duensing looking pretty good. I'm actually surprised it has taken the Twins this long to give him a chance in the rotation.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,616
    Like
    37
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Duensing looking pretty good. I'm actually surprised it has taken the Twins this long to give him a chance in the rotation.
    It's one inning...not ready to crown him the savior of the rotation just yet, also in the past he proved to only be a mediocre option in the rotation.

  10. #10
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Duensing looking pretty good. I'm actually surprised it has taken the Twins this long to give him a chance in the rotation.
    I think that this probably has something to do with how he struggled as a starter last season, and the fact that right handed batters were lighting him up.

    Why the F was Willingham trying to steal second?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Double-A PMKI's Avatar
    Posts
    128
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice play Dozier!

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,616
    Like
    37
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I think that this probably has something to do with how he struggled as a starter last season, and the fact that right handed batters were lighting him up.

    Why the F was Willingham trying to steal second?
    Hit and run, which is a good call on a 3-2 pitch with Plouffe (who mashes LHP) at the plate.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Like
    30
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I think that this probably has something to do with how he struggled as a starter last season, and the fact that right handed batters were lighting him up.

    Why the F was Willingham trying to steal second?
    Plouffe had a full count. It's a way to stay out the double play (other than the strike out, which happened). I think it was the right call, but a little risky and it caught up to us that time.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Like
    30
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Hit and run, which is a good call on a 3-2 pitch with Plouffe (who mashes LHP) at the plate.
    Cueto is a righty.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,616
    Like
    37
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Cueto is a righty.
    Derp, my bad. Shows how close I am watching... either way Plouffe has been on fire recently so the hit and run there wasn't a bad idea.

  16. #16
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,625
    Like
    6
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    It's one inning...not ready to crown him the savior of the rotation just yet, also in the past he proved to only be a mediocre option in the rotation.
    Mediocre is a huge upgrade over much of what they've been sending out there.

  17. #17
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Like
    30
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    With 5 mediocre starters all year, we'd have a good shot of having a winning record.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,616
    Like
    37
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Mediocre is a huge upgrade over much of what they've been sending out there.
    I don't disagree with that, but a guy like Duensing provides a very valuable piece to the team when he is in the bullpen, DeVries, Walters etc would only have value as a mop up guy in the pen.

    I just hope they don't fall in love with a few good innings from Duensing and assume he can be an answer to the rotation moving forward (into 2013) The Twins need to go into the off-season with the mindset that they need to figure out how to fill at least 4 rotation spots.

  19. #19
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Like
    30
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    If Duensing got the call because he's a lefty, he needs to make Votto and the other lefties swing the bat. A righty could walk Votto too. And here is the consequence of the lead of walk. Sheesh
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  20. #20
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    If Duensing got the call because he's a lefty, he needs to make Votto and the other lefties swing the bat. A righty could walk Votto too. And here is the consequence of the lead of walk. Sheesh
    You speak the truth my friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.