Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Made another trade today with the roster crunch in mind and trying to deal from a position of relative strength. I get a bit older, but we'll see.

BJ Upton and Darwin Barney for Brandon Phillips and Jeurys Familia. How'd I do?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    I made my roster cuts today. Now I'm ready for an uneventful draft after the first picks.

Senior Member All-Star
    I'm kind of thinking we should start a private FB group to take these discussions off here. I think I'm headed towards multiple suspensions in the future here because this place is overrun by idiots. Either that or I simply stop coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I'm kind of thinking we should start a private FB group to take these discussions off here. I think I'm headed towards multiple suspensions in the future here because this place is overrun by idiots. Either that or I simply stop coming here.
    That's fine with me. I'm not sure I'm fb friends with you and mike though. I am with Dave.

And kab, I'd hate to lose your baseball presence on this board, though I appreciate your recent frustration; the overzealous, i imagine, will eventually learn their place.

Odd turn of events today.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Lololololol

Senior Member All-Star
    Whatever. It makes me glad that I've traded most of my prospects to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Odd turn of events today.

yeah, it's unfortunate to see dave leave and perhaps even more unfortunate to have to read through all of the political/religious debate.

i never got into the whole facebook/myspace thing but you guys have my e-mail should you stop visiting these forums. this thread is my only use of this forum. one time i ventured out into the twins chat area and couldn't handle the stupidity, so i'm not shocked to hear kab's concerns.

Meh, I needed to drop a league anyways, and this one is full of mouth breathers. Tim is a piece of **** though, he easily could have made the picks I asked for. Good luck to you guys this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Meh, I needed to drop a league anyways, and this one is full of mouth breathers. Tim is a piece of **** though, he easily could have made the picks I asked for. Good luck to you guys this year.
    you ended up getting Jake Arrieta (not sure if anyone ever answered you in the emails) and he actually mightve been the highest rated SP/2B/SS by CBS. he was on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Tim is a piece of **** though,
    Really? Look, I consider you my buddy, Dave. But you kinda blew your departure . I'm just not sure it was justified. Yes, there was some weird **** going down, but I really don't understand why that lead you to leave the league...

If you have some advice/insight for the rest of us who are willing to stick it out in this league, I'd like to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    yeah, it's unfortunate to see dave leave and perhaps even more unfortunate to have to read through all of the political/religious debate.

i never got into the whole facebook/myspace thing but you guys have my e-mail should you stop visiting these forums. this thread is my only use of this forum. one time i ventured out into the twins chat area and couldn't handle the stupidity, so i'm not shocked to hear kab's concerns.
    I don't blame kab either, but while I'm sure I have your email somewhere, will you PM me it just so i have another record or it.

I've always really enjoyed our subset of the league; it's just too bad things shake out how they do.

Senior Member All-Star
    Tim's problem is that he's running and playing in like 20 leagues (an exaggeration). I have no problem with him although he doesn't really take charge of situations. The rest of league leaves a lot to be desired. Steve is a schmuck that enjoyed all of this controversy and didn't even try to explain it until the end. I will continue to deal prospects heavily because this league seems to have a blowup like this often.

Really? Look, I consider you my buddy, Dave. But you kinda blew your departure . I'm just not sure it was justified. Yes, there was some weird **** going down, but I really don't understand why that lead you to leave the league...

If you have some advice/insight for the rest of us who are willing to stick it out in this league, I'd like to hear it.
    Its been building up with Scott and Tim in other leagues I am in. It is really bull**** that they couldn't make the selection I asked for. Especially when we pay CBS to host this league.

If you fellas are ever looking for another owner let me know. I used to post EXTREMELY infrequently on BYTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    If you fellas are ever looking for another owner let me know. I used to post EXTREMELY infrequently on BYTO.
    I bet there will be openings next offseason. Dave got replaced immediately. It's a fun, complicated league. I'll keep you in mind.

Senior Member All-Star
    At some point I will probably need to ditch my team but it's a moneymaker. It will just be too difficult to manage while I'm living on a bicycle for months at a time.

I bet there will be openings next offseason. Dave got replaced immediately. It's a fun, complicated league. I'll keep you in mind.
    Sounds great. I'll PM you with my email.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    You all know of my interest in the league as well from previous years. I'm a guy who has a ton of leagues as well, but I don't feel I have a problem keeping up with them as I've trimmed down a ton in the last few years.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    You all know of my interest in the league as well from previous years. I'm a guy who has a ton of leagues as well, but I don't feel I have a problem keeping up with them as I've trimmed down a ton in the last few years.
    Good to know. I didn't know you had interest, because there was some openings this offseason. I might give your guys' email to the commish for reference. PM your email, Ben?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast