Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 318

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

  1. #181
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    257
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    pseudo's team is going to be solid if pineda and bauer pan out. then you can start flipping prospects and your moderate-upside semi-busts (snider, tabata, ramos, maybin) to the really bad teams for older veterans to fill holes. the fact that you have a decent 2B and SS puts you in a better position than most teams. you're really just screwed at 1B and 3B (but everyone is screwed at 3B except kab)
    I do have Davis at first, but that further thins my outfield. So much is riding on Bauer and Pineada. I hope some of the starters I have in the minors become even serviceable rotation guys because there's always value in starting pitching that actually makes starts. My minor league hitters suck beyond Soler and maybe Davidson, but boy does that guy strikeout. I do have two probably top ten picks in the next draft (thanks, Dave!), so I can build up the minors some.
    Last edited by PseudoSABR; 05-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.

  2. #182
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    The key to my success is the depth that I have. Very few teams have 4 plus starters on their bench plus extra starting pitchers. Yours is one of the few others and your team is also quite well. I don't know what has happened to Billy Buck but he's starting Ramiro Pena, Nix and Moustakas every day.

    I'm also riding the Sale/Harvey train.

  3. #183
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    My Matt Barnes trade looks especially brilliant as Billy Buck goes into full blown rebuild mode.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    My Matt Barnes trade looks especially brilliant as Billy Buck goes into full blown rebuild mode.
    i was trying to snag CarGO by offering Mccutcheon for Cargo + upgrade elsewhere but he wasn't biting. Cargo actually having a better season than McCutch. Really like that move for your team and very nice to see a strong team inexplicably rebuilding.

  5. #185
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that Jose Fernandez was the deciding factor. I think he overvalued him but this is a league where dominant pitching rules and his rotation could be borderline ridiculous but I will take a currently elite player anyday.

    lol - Travis Wood for matt Barnes - my wheeling and dealing has yielded some nice results this year

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Jose Fernandez was the deciding factor. I think he overvalued him but this is a league where dominant pitching rules and his rotation could be borderline ridiculous but I will take a currently elite player anyday.

    lol - Travis Wood for matt Barnes - my wheeling and dealing has yielded some nice results this year
    jose fernandez is a nice piece in this league but he's not too important for someone in win-now mode as long as wins are worth 10 points and losses are minus 5.

    im basically out of prospects and don't see myself making any more big trades unless i pull a prospect off the waiver list like i did last year (cingrani).

  7. #187
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    My 2014 MiLB draft is almost finished as useful veterans continue to be given away.

    I'm wondering if Billy buck actually traded Stras. That would be complete tank mode which I guess is alright.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    My 2014 MiLB draft is almost finished as useful veterans continue to be given away.

    I'm wondering if Billy buck actually traded Stras. That would be complete tank mode which I guess is alright.
    it hasn't been processed but supposedly strasburg got dealt for zunino and archer, which is a complete LOL if true. i e-mailed 86ers that i would be willing to build an offer around latos and he just ignored me (which he always does no matter what, no idea why).

    my team is looking strong again - nabbed Jannsen from Noah for Terdoslavich and Jeanmar Gomez. Seems fair.

  9. #189
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    257
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    it hasn't been processed but supposedly strasburg got dealt for zunino and archer, which is a complete LOL if true. i e-mailed 86ers that i would be willing to build an offer around latos and he just ignored me (which he always does no matter what, no idea why).

    my team is looking strong again - nabbed Jannsen from Noah for Terdoslavich and Jeanmar Gomez. Seems fair.
    I just worry that Terdo won't get playing time any time soon; but he'd make a good trade candidate for the Braves. I picked Jansen off the scrap heap, so getting anything of value is a boon.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    I just worry that Terdo won't get playing time any time soon; but he'd make a good trade candidate for the Braves. I picked Jansen off the scrap heap, so getting anything of value is a boon.
    you got a nice haul. i'm not joking when i say terdo is a lock top 100 prospect in the midseason rankings. his only problem is that he's in an NL system and can't play the field.

    and jeamar is a 25 year old getting SP innings, nice icing on the cake.

  11. #191
    anyone else think that strasburg trade is awful? dont want to accuse anyone of collusion but damn i offered latos OR mccutcheon+more, not sure how that isnt a better offer.

  12. #192
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    It's not collusion. BB greatly overrates prospects and he's hell bent on gutting his team. The strange thing is that he's selling off players in their prime. I go with the opposite philosophy and collect 30 somethings for peanuts.

    I think there is actually a chance that Stras wrecks his arm within 3 yrs so I can understand trading him but he didn't get much in return and I would definitely prefer McCutchen.

    The funny thing is that Zunino isn't actually all that good. He doesn't have an elite bat and probably fits into the .280 15+ HR tier of catchers.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    It's not collusion. BB greatly overrates prospects and he's hell bent on gutting his team. The strange thing is that he's selling off players in their prime. I go with the opposite philosophy and collect 30 somethings for peanuts.

    I think there is actually a chance that Stras wrecks his arm within 3 yrs so I can understand trading him but he didn't get much in return and I would definitely prefer McCutchen.

    The funny thing is that Zunino isn't actually all that good. He doesn't have an elite bat and probably fits into the .280 15+ HR tier of catchers.
    i'm not high on archer at all either

  14. #194
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    I saw Archer pitch a few innings last week. He has some crazy movement on his pitches and it was hard for the hitters to square up and hit him. Of course he also didn't really have an idea where the pitches were going.

    This is a pretty awful deal though unless Stras rips up his arm again.

  15. #195
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    936
    Like
    40
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    i'm not joking when i say terdo is a lock top 100 prospect in the midseason rankings.
    Wow, I'd be very surprised by that, and I'm a huge Braves fan. The Braves blog I'm with is doing a midseason team prospect rankings, and Terdoslavich has cracked the top 10 in only one list of the writers thus far, and that's for the Braves team, let alone the top 100 prospects in all of baseball.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  16. #196
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    257
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Wow, I'd be very surprised by that, and I'm a huge Braves fan. The Braves blog I'm with is doing a midseason team prospect rankings, and Terdoslavich has cracked the top 10 in only one list of the writers thus far, and that's for the Braves team, let alone the top 100 prospects in all of baseball.
    Not sure how reputable Baseball Instinct is but they have him at 91.

  17. #197
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    936
    Like
    40
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Not sure how reputable Baseball Instinct is but they have him at 91.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it won't surprise me that some will put him there, but the verbage of being "a lock" is what surprised me. He's struggled with major league arms to put any drive into the ball, can't play defense, and he's going to be 25 by season's end. Yes, he can put bat to ball and flash doubles power, but he's one of those guys that would have to have everything break right for him to make it as a starter in the big leagues.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  18. #198
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    I thought I was having a nice season but I can't believe my 2011 season in hindsight. This year I'm 32-12 but that season I was 65-13. Twice as many wins and the same number of losses. Damn that V Mac guy.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I thought I was having a nice season but I can't believe my 2011 season in hindsight. This year I'm 32-12 but that season I was 65-13. Twice as many wins and the same number of losses. Damn that V Mac guy.
    there aren't too many complete pushovers anymore

  20. #200
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,286
    Like
    32
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    I thought it was time to throw a little gasoline onto the CoC fire.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.