Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    I like the Buchholz trade more than the Hamilton trade. Soler looks like a potential star while the others lack both certainty and upside. Good prospects but more like spare parts instead of building blocks.

noah wheelin and dealin like a madman. meanwhile i keep getting these offers...

Hong Kong Phooeys have offered you a Trade in the CUP O'
    COFFEE : Matt Dominguez, Hunter Pence and Ian Desmond for
    Erik Johnson, Andrew McCutchen and Elvis Andrus.

Swap out for 3 older, worse players? What could go wrong?!?!

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts
    I needed to get rid of my catchers glut, as they will just continue to decrease in value as teams address their needs; that I got a semiproductive regular out of the deal is fine with me. Though Johnson's BABIP is insane, but still he's better than what I have on the roster.

Part of the reason I can get trades done is that I take the time to look at the rosters and try to trade with teams that I match up well. Some guys are impossible to trade with as they insist on having the clear upper hand, even dismissing trades that clearly would be to their benefit.

I also have to say, auctioning off players is bad form.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    noah wheelin and dealin like a madman. meanwhile i keep getting these offers...

Hong Kong Phooeys have offered you a Trade in the CUP O'
    COFFEE : Matt Dominguez, Hunter Pence and Ian Desmond for
    Erik Johnson, Andrew McCutchen and Elvis Andrus.

Swap out for 3 older, worse players? What could go wrong?!?!
    Even more frustrating is when he gets upset when you evaluate a trade offer as such. He offered Dominguez/Pence for Stanton last week.

i traded CC Sabathia and Michael Fulmer for Jimmy Nelson and Robbie Ray.

i think CC is basically done for, so i'm happy get two decent arms for him while i can. wouldn't be totally shocked if CC has a decent year and racks up some wins on the yanks, but i just didn't want to risk getting stuck with the guy.

i thought i'd be able to get much more but there was basically no interest in the guy from other owners

Senior Member All-Star
    I think I got more talent for Charlie Morton. At a certain point I think you need to run veterans like CC into the ground.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I think I got more talent for Charlie Morton. At a certain point I think you need to run veterans like CC into the ground.
    I was in the same boat with CC in another dynasty league, but I took advantage of a panicked Matt Harvey owner who was leading the league by slim margins to move CC and Johnny Cueto (along with a conditional pick for 2015 if Harvey pitches certain innings in 2014) for Harvey. Another league I put CC on the block, and I did get one offer of A-Rod for him, otherwise, no bites at all, so I decided I will just ride him until the end at this point.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    I was in the same boat with CC in another dynasty league, but I took advantage of a panicked Matt Harvey owner who was leading the league by slim margins to move CC and Johnny Cueto (along with a conditional pick for 2015 if Harvey pitches certain innings in 2014) for Harvey. Another league I put CC on the block, and I did get one offer of A-Rod for him, otherwise, no bites at all, so I decided I will just ride him until the end at this point.
    around august of last season, i was trying to move CC for Nova + Gausman. DEM declined and kept countering for Nova + top 150-type prospects. i asked him for nova straight up recently and basically got laughed at (and rightfully so).

i'm just pretty low on my team right now. it's getting very old and i would rather take 80 cents on the dollar than get stuck with a complete disaster when the music stops. as of right now, the only players who i think will be useful 3 seasons from now are andrus, mccutch, latos and andrus. and my prospects aren't all that special either. with that said, i have some guys who are valuable to win-now teams but they just aren't biting.

Senior Member All-Star
    A) It's always going to be that way in this league. You aren't going to get fair value for guys in decline.

B) You should be in win now mode and you sell your team short.

C) I think you got 20 cents on the dollar for CC.

A) It's always going to be that way in this league. You aren't going to get fair value for guys in decline.

B) You should be in win now mode and you sell your team short.

C) I think you got 20 cents on the dollar for CC.
    Looking forward to your analysis on this one then....

McCutcheon, Nolasco, Pelfrey and Petit

for

Julio Teheran, Leonys Martin, Mike Folteynewitz, Edwin Escobar

I think McCutch for Teheran and Martin is pretty fair in a vacuum. I'm super high on Teheran and think Martin is a guy who is undervalued in our league because of his speed. Also think he has chance to develop some power.

I basically look at the second part of the deal as Nolasco for Foltey and Escobar - basically a top 40 prospect and top ~100 guy, which seems about right I guess.

think my week of wheelin' and dealin' is coming to a close...

after an active offseason, i've seen a good amount of roster turnover:

LOST:

McCutcheon,
    Nolasco,
    Street,
    Sabathia,
    some mediocre roster filler

GAINED:

Julio Teheran
    Jimmy Nelson
    Nolan Arenado
    Leonys Martin
    Robbie Ray
    Edwin Escobar
    Mike Foltynewicz

I think my team takes a bit of a step back in the short term but i'm generally happy with my roster and the fact that i was able to shed some years.

i actually think all 4 of our teams got better this offseason. especially like noah's moves

I'm happy where I'm at with my roster. I didn't have a lot of great trade fodder to work with but as much as anything, I've scoured the waiver wire and free agents for guys I like as bounceback types or young guys I could see being good in the scoring system like Peraza. Still getting some ridiculous offers, but we'll see whether I'm done or not.

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    I'm happy where I'm at with my roster. I didn't have a lot of great trade fodder to work with but as much as anything, I've scoured the waiver wire and free agents for guys I like as bounceback types or young guys I could see being good in the scoring system like Peraza. Still getting some ridiculous offers, but we'll see whether I'm done or not.

Can you top this one?

Hoyas have offered you a Trade in the CUP O' COFFEE : Delino
    DeShields, Victor Sanchez, Michael Choice, Adeiny
    Hechavarria and George Springer for Alex Rios, Robinson Cano
    and Prince Fielder.

Let's see what did I give up:
    Chris Davis
    Soler
    Davidson
    Berrios (a pick used from Dave for Scott Diamond)
    Pinto (waiver wire pick up)
    Two second round picks

for

Mauer
    Fister
    J. Hamilton
    Bucholz
    C. Johnson

I was okay with giving up a few prospects, none beyond Soler a top 25 type, because I was going to get two guys in the draft (turns out it's Stewart and Frazier, which I figured I woudl end up taking all along). So I feel pretty good about my offseason.

Not sure I totally understand the trajectory of your team, Mike. I thought you had another chance at an elite run, and I think you undersold on some veterans--though you probably know better about the prospects you picked up than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post

Not sure I totally understand the trajectory of your team, Mike. I thought you had another chance at an elite run, and I think you undersold on some veterans--though you probably know better about the prospects you picked up than I do.
    can't argue with that, i definitely didnt get the returns i was aiming for but i'm generally OK with the outcome i guess.

i really just wanted to avoid a scenario where all of my good players ended up in their mid-30s (and undesirable to other teams) and my only means of rebuilding is through the draft pick lottery.

i did this a few years back when i traded guys like utley, granderson, tulowitzki, holliday for cano, austin jackson, andrus, upton. slight downgrade at the time but i was able to stay competitive while buying a few extra years.

also, i didn't really like my chances to win again this year. some teams are just insanely stacked (especially billy buck and DEM)

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Can you top this one?

Hoyas have offered you a Trade in the CUP O' COFFEE : Delino
    DeShields, Victor Sanchez, Michael Choice, Adeiny
    Hechavarria and George Springer for Alex Rios, Robinson Cano
    and Prince Fielder.
    LOL. Nope, can't top that. I have had some interesting ones for just Franklin.

Moved back in the second round by trading Asher Wojciechowski, I then drafted Alexander Guerrero, which I felt was pretty good value.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Moved back in the second round by trading Asher Wojciechowski, I then drafted Alexander Guerrero, which I felt was pretty good value.
    Wojo is waiver wire fodder and Guerrero should have been picked in the middle of the first rd (or higher) so that's an excellent move.

Wojo is waiver wire fodder and Guerrero should have been picked in the middle of the first rd (or higher) so that's an excellent move.
    He was #3 for me at my pick, and he lasted until the 2nd round. I was very surprised on that.

great trade and great pick noah

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast