Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    I moved Minor based on some reports I was hearing out of Braves camp regarding his shoulder injury. I don't think the urethral injury will be long-term (I'd sure hope not anyway!), but I worry about what he will be in 2014 and whether he might have issues more and more with that shoulder based on the diagnosis from the spring and the continually moving return date from Braves brass
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    I think you sold pretty low on him though. None of those players are very interesting. Guys like Dominguez just clog roster spaces and 3rd MiLB picks are hard to use (unless you trade all of your picks away like me).

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Ben, our recent trade was made more interesting by Parnell's possible TJ surgery. I had hoped he'd hold up longer, so I took the risk of including Familia, but I had to give you some legitimate value, even if I felt Familia is being underrated. If Parnell stays down, Familia will eventually get a shot to close with the heat on the fastball.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Ben, our recent trade was made more interesting by Parnell's possible TJ surgery. I had hoped he'd hold up longer, so I took the risk of including Familia, but I had to give you some legitimate value, even if I felt Familia is being underrated. If Parnell stays down, Familia will eventually get a shot to close with the heat on the fastball.
    I honestly think I have the next two real long-term possibilities for the Mets with Torres and Familia. I wasn't getting anything else legit as far as a player in offer for Street.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

bump to see how everyone's season is going (beyond what i can see in the standings)

i'm trying to get through injuries to latos, chacin and janssen. replacements have been pretty solid so far. really glad i made that move for ian kennedy right before the season started, otherwise i'd be in rough shape with respect to my rotation.

freeman has been a beast and fielder has been a bust, so that makes me feel good. brantly has been awesome too, so that trade has been a huge boon for me.

cano has been disappointing.

traded rios for billy hamilton in part to get younger but also because i was very high on hamilton. he's been very hit or miss but mostly miss. it's tough to sit him because when he manages to get on base he ends up with 10 points but that's only happened 2 or 3 games so far haha

I've been dealing with significant injuries as well. Parnell, Ramos, Fister, Maybin, and the Hamilton one hurts with him playing so well.

I've made good waiver wire grabs with Kubel and Colabello, but my lineup isn't as good as it's scored so far. My depth could vanish if some guys come back to earth.

Nicasio was also a nice pick up so for the rotation in the MLB draft. But the play of Gallardo, Pineda and Perez has carried my rotation, and with Bauer reemerging, my rotation has some depth to go along with Buchholz and Fister.

There's a lot of competitive teams, and often the team with the most pitching starts and hitter's innings ends up winning; so depth is so important along with setting your lineups daily and your rotations weekly.

Senior Member All-Star
    It's been mentioned before but I do not like Billy Hamilton at all. He can't hit.

My team is rolling along behind a juggernaut of an offense. Hopefully the pitching holds it together this season though. Stanton might be breaking out into a top 5 player.

Out of all the prospects I have traded I wish I had Bogaerts back addressing my SS position. I kind of forced that one for the Panda. I also wish I had some great prospects to trade this year as teams decide to rebuild when they don't need to.

had a down week but lucked out with scheduling so i should crawl to 2-2.

really wish i snagged dee gordon off of bee in the preseason. what a steal that guy has been.

Senior Member All-Star
    Gordon actually isn't that good. He will hit .240 with a <.300 OBP for the rest of the season.

So far I'm holding it together w/o my top 2 pitchers and Garza sucking. I don't think I have enough to win but Giancarlo becoming an elite player helps.

Senior Member All-Star
    Big week for me going 4-0 (unless MCab hits a GS) and knocking off a couple of the 2nd tier contenders. TRad is just steamrolling the league with his 5 #1/2 pitchers. My roster of #3/4's is completely overmatched on paper.

I went 4-0 against some light weights, after a few weeks of playing contenders. The Perez injury really hurts my rotation. My lineup continues to frustrate me. By summer, I'll figure out whether I want to buy or sell, we'll see.

had an easy schedule this past week but only managed to go 1-3 because my rotation completely crapped the bed.

i only have 5 SPs so there's not much i can go in terms of playing matchups. really hoping latos and/or billingsley can come back and give me some productive innings.

all of my offseason moves have worked out gloriously thus far.

-sabathia is out until july and ray and nelson have been exceptional thus far
    -arenado has emerged as an elite 3B option though street has been fantastic as well. i really miss having 2 closers and it seems like my opponents' closers always manage to drop 30 points on me.
    -freeman and brantley for prince and semien has been a complete steal
    -hamilton has been productive enough where i'm happy to take the 10 years he has on rios
    -mccutcheon still a big loss though teheran has been remarkable and i can't imagine where i'd be without him given my pitching woes. folty, escobar and martin haven't been anything special though so this one if probably pretty neutral

Senior Member All-Star
    I have been getting really lucky the last 2-3 weeks. A lot of 10-20 point wins and TRad lost 3 this week. And an unnamed somebody is just 1GB of me.

I was working on a Cargo/Hanley deal but he would only take Stanton. No thanks even if you are giving draft picks or good prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I have been getting really lucky the last 2-3 weeks. A lot of 10-20 point wins and TRad lost 3 this week. And an unnamed somebody is just 1GB of me.

I was working on a Cargo/Hanley deal but he would only take Stanton. No thanks even if you are giving draft picks or good prospects.
    Nick is impossible to deal with. Only people I've had a tougher time with has been Jim (Billy Buck) and Tim (25 Alive).

I really regret trading Street now. My 2nd RP slot has been a nightmare.

Well, it's the Allstar break, and my team had it's best week, but is only back at .500. I imagine I'll do alot of standing pat this year, unless I can get good value for a guy like Hamilton or Gallardo; but my roster is can probably hold onto both those guys as it is so young.

I've gotten a lot of minor league depth on the waiver wire. While I cringe that I gave up Berrios for Bucholz, it's far easier to replenish prospects than star players.

How do you the rest of you feel about your teams?

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Well, it's the Allstar break, and my team had it's best week, but is only back at .500. I imagine I'll do alot of standing pat this year, unless I can get good value for a guy like Hamilton or Gallardo; but my roster is can probably hold onto both those guys as it is so young.

I've gotten a lot of minor league depth on the waiver wire. While I cringe that I gave up Berrios for Bucholz, it's far easier to replenish prospects than star players.

How do you the rest of you feel about your teams?
    my offense has been much better than i expected after trading away mccutcheon. i have the highest scoring offense by a decent margin, though i'm really hurting at catcher.

my rotation is decent enough i guess. i think i have a good team but there's like 5 or 6 teams that are equally matched so winning the championship will kinda be a crap shoot. it's nice to see some of the historically bad teams turning things around too.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    my offense has been much better than i expected after trading away mccutcheon. i have the highest scoring offense by a decent margin, though i'm really hurting at catcher.

my rotation is decent enough i guess. i think i have a good team but there's like 5 or 6 teams that are equally matched so winning the championship will kinda be a crap shoot. it's nice to see some of the historically bad teams turning things around too.
    You can have Avila for a second round Milb pick.

I don't have a second round MiLB pick and avila sucks anyway

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516