Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 130 Times in 81 Posts
    Name might have been part of the blockbuster but I might have gotten my 3Bman. Plouffe there it is.

I'm not sure I can argue for/against any part of the Upton/Latos and Medlen/Sandoval trade

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 381 Times in 198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Yeah, Bee Chem is a chump. But the rule is ridiculous in that it only punishes the noble (or the lazy). If the rule was enforceable, I might feel differently, but there's little gained from having a trading freeze, other than giving people a sure-thing break, which the league should be under no obligation to give.
    He's a weird dude, got banned 3+ years from his sweedish baseball league because he punched some dude in the face during a game.
    lolol how did you find this out
    In the other league we were talking about various baseball leagues we are currently in. I think I was thrilled because I hit my first home run in something like 14 years, he mentioned the league that he is in that he was finally able to get reinstated in, I pinged him more about it and he basically said some guy was talking **** to one of his team mates so he went up and knocked some dude out cold haha

Bee is a cock sometimes, but I actually have grown to get along with him more often then not lately, if anything else he provides entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Name might have been part of the blockbuster but I might have gotten my 3Bman. Plouffe there it is.

I'm not sure I can argue for/against any part of the Upton/Latos and Medlen/Sandoval trade
    i think it's pretty even. i just wanted a SP instead of an OF. don't think i couldve gotten one better than Latos (i tried).

Any of you guys want Beckett, Blanton, Oswalt, Soto, Marmol or Wilson? Will need to move one or two to make room.

I will listen to offers for Beckett and maybe Soto

Different year, same ****ty guido trade offers.

Come on mike!

Senior Member All-Star
    Unless it's a IF'er or a front line player I don't have any mlb needs right. Beckett would be interesting if I didn't already have 9 starters. I will be shopping ervin pretty hard since I don't need him.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Different year, same ****ty guido trade offers.

Come on mike!
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Unless it's a IF'er or a front line player I don't have any mlb needs right. Beckett would be interesting if I didn't already have 9 starters. I will be shopping ervin pretty hard since I don't need him.
    Feel free to reach out, you know I am always a fan of mediocre pitching!

Senior Member All-Star
    Well I just lost my only closer for next season and I'm not really willing to pay the price for closers in this league. This does free up another roster spot though.

Dave - I don't think anything will work out for Ervin. you're prospects are either good or they are bad (worse than guys I'm cutting). I've got someone else interested with more appropriate mid tier prospects.

Senior Member All-Star
    Of course Dave had to trade down to the pick right in front of me so I'm going to have to keep quiet about my favorites in the draft. Psuedo is sitting in an interesting spot although I liked Dave's original spot at #6. Imo Dave traded down because #12 is a semi reasonable spot to pick a Twin not named Buxton.

I'm not mentioning guys that I think will be available on purpose but here are the guys that I think will be gone when I pick.

Correa, Buxton, Zunino and Gausman - no doubt top picks
    Soler - I think he's that good
    Zimmer/Giolito - someone will still take both of them I think
    Puig - the Dodgers spent stupid money on him but scouts don't seem to think he was worth it
    Otani - will he sign?
    Almora

The next wave that I think I'll be in happily - Dahl, Fried, Russell, Seager, Wacha and even Berrios.

that's 16 deep so I think I'll be happy with my pick and I'm sure I can add a few more names to this list.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Soler - I think he's that good
    ****. I had him in the second round. Ugh.

So Dave and I made the following trade:

Fernando Rodney
    Josh Beckett
    Team Name's 2nd Round, #42 MiLB pick

for

Brett Gardner
    Brian Dozier
    BMH's 1st Round, #12 MiLB pick

I'm happy although a bit unsure whether my decision to give Dave Rodney instead of Nathan will bite me in the ass. Rodney is 3 years younger and coming off a historic season but I think Nathan is the more valuable player for the next 2 seasons.

I get Gardner back after trading him to Dave for Austin Jackson (and Slolowey) awhile back. Think he's a nice buy-low and speed always has some value in this league. Also gives me a new OF after trading Upton, although McCutcheon, Rios, Ichiro and Chris Young is pretty solid.

Love having a high MiLB pick. Like the guys in the 10-15 range. Knowing me, I'll probably flip the draftee for a veteran SP later in the year, but this league puts more value on prospects than picks so whatever.

Dave gets 2 guys who don't help him long term but easily flippable if they produce in Beckett and Rodney for moving down 30 spots.

Senior Member All-Star
    I like the trade for Name and don't really understand for Dave. It could work out if Beckett has a nice bounce back season but even then he doesn't seem like a guy that will bring in a prospect haul. I DO NOT TRUST Rodney.

Meh, I didn't need Gardner, I have plenty of OF depth. Beckett could have a nice year and a lot of wins.

pseudo - how open are u to moving lincecum?

nice trade kab! you gave up a ton but hard to argue against getting Sale and Weeks (or any competent 2B for that matter).

Senior Member All-Star
    Sale was the key and now I'm pretty stacked aside from closers. I'm actually trying to get either of Reyes or Tulo but I would rather not give up everything I have left on the farm. My farm system now consists of Bogaerts, Rosario, Hedges and a bunch of fringe top 100 prospects. Still a solid system but more middle of the pack.

Sometime I need to make a list of all of the top prospects that I've traded away. It would be a pretty impressive list even though most of the prospects have fizzled. The only prospects that made it to the majors were Alonso, JWeeks and Parker and I've traded the last two already.

Is there a backdoor access to the BYTO archives? About a year ago I had compiled a list of all of my trades and it would be nice to look back in hindsight. I think the only one that looks bad is Dan Haren for Jordan Zimmerman (before he came back from TJ), Mejia (before he had TJ), Singleton and Dwyer. And Haren carried me to 2nd place that year.

I have access to the BYTO archives, if I get a moment free today I will dig it up.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Bunch of garbage.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast