Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Article: White Sox vs. Twins, 06/26/2012, 7:10pm

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Speaking of Canadia, I told one of my friends to watch Kenny vs Spenny and they had never heard of it. What's with people?
    Kenny's such an ass.

:evil laugh:
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    It seems like the Sox think that they can easily steal off Mauer, and so far it seems to be working for them.
    Mauer had no chance on any of those throws. Somewhere between 75 and 90 percent of the time, the base is stolen on the pitcher. There are a few catchers that are run on because they are pretty slow getting rid of the ball or have weak arms (AJ is one), but Mauer's throwing is fine.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    That's the joy of being, not just a Twins fan, but a fan of Minnesota sports in general. We have a 52 year history of being teased yet ultimately left frustrated.
    ---I once got into a friendly "debate" with an avid Vikes fan about which local team was better and breaking the hearts and crushing the spirits of its fan base. Both sides have legit arguments there. Twins fans have spent the last decade watching their team get into the postseason only to get beat up on by the hated Yankees. Same story every year.

I think you've at least gotta give the Vikes some style points for always finding new, interesting and creative ways to torture their fans. I mean, taking yourself out of range of a game-winning field goal with a too many men on the field penalty in the waning moments of the NFC championship game? Hollywood couldn't come up with that.

And it's not like the others have had it much better. The Wild have been stuck in neutral for seemingly forever. I spend my winters while waiting for baseball season to start following the T-Wolves. If nothing else, that left me a lot more emotionally prepared for the 99-loss season than a lot of other Twins fans.

But we've got the Lynx! (And no, I'm not kidding. Those ladies are awesome.)

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Really, who took the under for this game? They always pull this crap the day after a nice outing. Kudos to the pitching staff all around so far and especially to the rook, good on ya kid.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Good point. I wonder who else has done this.
    not a record:

In a night game on April 12, 1962, a rookie southpaw, Pete Richert, was summoned from the bullpen by manager Walt Alston of the Los Angeles Dodgers to replace starter Stan Williams in the second inning. In this, his very first major league appearance, Pete struck out seven of the Cincinnati Reds, six of them in succession. That effort tied the record of six consecutive strike outs by a pitcher in his first major league game. Pete struck out the first man he faced to end a four run Cincinnati explosion. He got four in a row in the third when JohnnyRoseboro dropped a third strike and then he fanned the first man to bat in the fourth to complete the remarkable feat of striking out the first six batters he faced in his major league debut. The Dodgers rallied for seven in the fifth on five hits, three walks, and four Cincinnati errors to give Richert credit for an 11-7 victory.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    ---I once got into a friendly "debate" with an avid Vikes fan about which local team was better and breaking the hearts and crushing the spirits of its fan base. Both sides have legit arguments there. Twins fans have spent the last decade watching their team get into the postseason only to get beat up on by the hated Yankees. Same story every year.

I think you've at least gotta give the Vikes some style points for always finding new, interesting and creative ways to torture their fans. I mean, taking yourself out of range of a game-winning field goal with a too many men on the field penalty in the waning moments of the NFC championship game? Hollywood couldn't come up with that.

And it's not like the others have had it much better. The Wild have been stuck in neutral for seemingly forever. I spend my winters while waiting for baseball season to start following the T-Wolves. If nothing else, that left me a lot more emotionally prepared for the 99-loss season than a lot of other Twins fans.

But we've got the Lynx! (And no, I'm not kidding. Those ladies are awesome.)
    Yeah, I do admit the Vikings top the list. We had season tickets when I was a kid, and I saw more than one good season end in a Super Bowl loss. First franchise to lose 4 super bowls.

And let's not forget the 15-1 season that ended with a short missed field goal from a placekicker that hadn't missed a field goal all year.
    Last edited by IdahoPilgrim; 06-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Konerko isnt hitting, Dunn hasn't done anything, but Chicago is winning this game and probably the series. The Sox have better secondary players and much better pitching.

Hammer and Morneua get on for Plouffe who ties it with a big fly.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 611 Times in 235 Posts
    Filthy.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would pinch hit for Justin here -- he does not seem to be seeing the ball very well tonight.

Blog Entries
    I would pinch hit for Justin here -- he does not seem to be seeing the ball very well tonight.
    And I would have been wrong.

Got all of that one.

Does Parmelee even remember where home plate is?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."

When was the last time the Twins drafted somebody that had a chance to fast track to the big leagues like this Reed guy or Sale?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Tying run at the plate.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh, how I wish Parmelee had been playing regularly and had a chance to find his groove - instead of coming off the bench cold in a situation when the game is on the line.

ryanshank redemption

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko87 View Post
    When was the last time the Twins drafted somebody that had a chance to fast track to the big leagues like this Reed guy or Sale?
    Matt Garza?

Quote Originally Posted by Jocko87 View Post
    2001?

Matt Garza?
    Damn you.

Carroll with the grand slam, here we go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Carroll with the grand slam, here we go.
    Carroll with anything keeps us alive.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast