Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing I noticed down there that's much different than in MN for drivers, is the amount of U-turns you are forced to make on the roads of Fort Myers. We stayed at a hotel on Cleveland Ave, and I swear we made at least 100 U-turns on that road over the course of 4 days.

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have only been to Fort Myers once but I hope to get back there someday so I enjoyed your post! I believe the Patinella’s chicken grill you mention in your culinary guide is the same franchise that has a stand at the Minnesota State Fair. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it’s quite tasty. They have a few options that are also gluten free if that is a concern for anyone. I would also recommend Sun Harvest Citrus, which is about a mile down the road from Hammond Stadium. They had awesome fruit samples, freshly squeezed juices and ice cream cones. Enjoy!

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Other fun things to do on the off days: go to the beach, take a tour of the Edison-Ford Estates, or take a nature walk to look for alligators and birds (Lakes Park and Six Mile Cypress Slough are near Hammond Stadium)

If you venture to Fort Myers Beach to have a day by the water make sure to check out the Beach Bread at the Smokin' Oyster Brewery (think cheesy bread) - it's GREAT. Also, check out Nemo's on the beach for their Shrimp Mancini - the PBR special isn't bad either!