Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Zach Parise

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I think they're just waiting for something to get behind. Even the inkling of the playoffs would bring them back. But I agree that the team is struggling to stay relevant. I just think a weak FA class is a bad time to start unloading money, because they will end up way overpaying these guys.
    Does Michael Granlund make the Wild a playoff team? It's tough to say. If he can get 60+ points, they're going to be in the running. If not, with their current roster, it's not going to happen.

    Maybe Croyle will surprise though too?

  2. #22
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Once Detroit focused on Sutter it came down to turning down a lot of money or coming to Minnesota. It will be a big mistake on the Wild's part paying him 10 million a year for the rest of his career, but it's looking like the Wild have this wrapped up, unless a team can move some salary.

  3. #23
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brodin and Coyle are the key prospects to look at, if they both pan out the Wild are a contender in 2 years with or without Parise, if not they hover around the last playoff spot until an elite player (on top of Granlund) is added.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Brodin and Coyle are the key prospects to look at, if they both pan out the Wild are a contender in 2 years with or without Parise, if not they hover around the last playoff spot until an elite player (on top of Granlund) is added.
    They better trade for someone who can score then..... Or at least sign someone after next year who can! ****, that's ridiculously optimistic considering their current roster and Brodin being their only good D-prospect.

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,069
    Like
    97
    Liked 340 Times in 193 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Does Michael Granlund make the Wild a playoff team? It's tough to say. If he can get 60+ points, they're going to be in the running. If not, with their current roster, it's not going to happen.

    Maybe Croyle will surprise though too?
    I think Croyle is a candidate for sure. It's hard to say on Granlund...I worry about the reports that he has slow foot speed. I'm also a big believer in Scandella - I think he's going to be a top 4 defenseman in this league, but I admit I don't have much to go on with that.

    This team should sniff the playoffs, but it still needs quite a bit more scoring help.

  6. #26
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't underestimate how much an extra play maker does for the goal scorers on the roster. If Koivu misses 15 games the first line still gets to play with Granlund, and he improves the 2nd line. It doesn't take the addition of a 30 goal scorer to add 30 goals if a few guys step up. Plus if Parise goes elsewhere I see the Wild adding someone who can put the puck in the net probably through a trade, there not going to be so bold on Parise only to sit on our prospects. Hackett Zucker and a 1st gets you very close to Nash, it will take more but losing those 3 pieces won't dissapoint the fans at all.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Don't underestimate how much an extra play maker does for the goal scorers on the roster. If Koivu misses 15 games the first line still gets to play with Granlund, and he improves the 2nd line. It doesn't take the addition of a 30 goal scorer to add 30 goals if a few guys step up. Plus if Parise goes elsewhere I see the Wild adding someone who can put the puck in the net probably through a trade, there not going to be so bold on Parise only to sit on our prospects. Hackett Zucker and a 1st gets you very close to Nash, it will take more but losing those 3 pieces won't dissapoint the fans at all.
    What?

    And again, who will this play maker be setting up?


    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
    I think Croyle is a candidate for sure. It's hard to say on Granlund...I worry about the reports that he has slow foot speed. I'm also a big believer in Scandella - I think he's going to be a top 4 defenseman in this league, but I admit I don't have much to go on with that.

    This team should sniff the playoffs, but it still needs quite a bit more scoring help.
    Granlund is a top 3 prospect in the NHL. I'm fully convinced he's the real deal after watching him play in the latest international tourney. Coyle is moreso a 2nd liner. His numbers are a little inflated because of the play of another top 100 Wild talent - Zack Phillips. Either way, he tore up the Quebec Juniors!

  8. #28
    as a Wild hater I totally hope they sign Parise to a huge deal and mess up their cap

  9. #29
    Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,069
    Like
    97
    Liked 340 Times in 193 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Granlund is a top 3 prospect in the NHL. I'm fully convinced he's the real deal after watching him play in the latest international tourney. Coyle is moreso a 2nd liner. His numbers are a little inflated because of the play of another top 100 Wild talent - Zack Phillips. Either way, he tore up the Quebec Juniors!
    The hype sounds awesome...I guess I'm just tempering my expectations. Maybe the Wild have crushed my inner-enthusiasm more than I thought the last ten years. I'm a big Phillips guy though, love his potential as a Brad Richards-type. Good skill comp ceiling ya think?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    They have to make a splash though. For the record, I'm not really in favor of the Wild going all in with a ridiculous 10 year 12 million per contract either for Parise or Suter, but the Wild's fan base is absolutely waining. I believe they had a 30% of season ticket holders not renew this past year (I believe that was the %). If they don't win this year, hockey in Minnesota is going to take a backseat to Timberwolves basketball. That would be a disaster for ownership.
    Yeah, the contract will be ridiculous. But you are right, this fan base is fading every year. They cant keep going into each year with the same old boring group of players with barely a shot at cracking the top 8. If they bring in Parise, at least there will be some serious excitement (like Rubio did for the Wolves last year).

  11. #31
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    What?

    And again, who will this play maker be setting up?




    Granlund is a top 3 prospect in the NHL. I'm fully convinced he's the real deal after watching him play in the latest international tourney. Coyle is moreso a 2nd liner. His numbers are a little inflated because of the play of another top 100 Wild talent - Zack Phillips. Either way, he tore up the Quebec Juniors!
    If not Heatley and Seteguchi your looking at Granlund playing with Bouchard and Cullen, or someone that comes in through a trade. If Granlund is as good as he's supposed to be his linemates will benifit big time no matter who they are. 25 goals from Cullen and lets say a combined 30 from Bouchard and Mitchell would be a huge upgrade and seems fairly reasonable.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    If not Heatley and Seteguchi your looking at Granlund playing with Bouchard and Cullen, or someone that comes in through a trade. If Granlund is as good as he's supposed to be his linemates will benifit big time no matter who they are. 25 goals from Cullen and lets say a combined 30 from Bouchard and Mitchell would be a huge upgrade and seems fairly reasonable.
    Wow.... Matt Cullen scoring 25 goals? That sounds reasonable considering the amazing Miko Koivu propelled dany Heatley to 24 and Devin Setoguchi to 19. Without looking it up, I'm sure Cullen has hit the 25 goal mark maybe once or twice in his career.

    The goals have to come, will come from, Heatley an Setoguchi. The question is, will they come in pre 2010 like bunches? If one goes 25+ and the other goes 30+, that should go a long way. If not, theyre in the same situation as last year - and what seems to be every year watching the Wild.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Soooo, even with Crosby out for all but what? 20 games this year, they were 2nd best in the East? Oh dang.... Shucks. 100+ points.

    As long as Pittsburgh has Malkin and Crosby, they will always be in the chase for the cup. When healthy, they are the two best players in the NHL (you can argue Al Ovechkin in there too). And what makes you think that Crosby isn't healthy? The Pens just gave him a new ridiculous contract. Do you know something they don't? Again, they are 24 and 25 too. They haven't even hit their prime. Throw Neal into that mix..... Wow. Is the Pen's defense really that bad? Or just average? Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik, and Paul Martin would be the best d-man on the Wild. Maybe even Niskanen???

    The entire core is signed for two more years anyways.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

    If the Wild spend 10+ million on someone like Suter and Parise, especially each, they are putting themselves in a worse salary cap situation than Pittsburgh down the line with FAR inferior players. You're not going to win championships when the best player on your team is Miko Koivu.
    Again, its a 10+ year contract NOT ONE OR TWO YEARS! If Pittsburg gets Parise, good luck finding a way to sign Malkin next year. If they get Parise, they will likely trade Martin this year. Minnesota has a much more talented farm system, which be the guys who will be on the team when they are in a position to make a run.

    Minnesota will get 6 million off the books next year with Backstrom alone. Cullen will be soon to follow with another 3.5 million. By the time the Wild make a major run, Hetley's 8 million might be off the books as well.

    I don't even think Parise is the right fit for the Wild, but when someone talks as if they know hockey so well only to comes across as a dolt, I feel the need to laugh. Congrats if your Pens get Parise, I would rather have Malkin.

  14. #34
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to Brian Lawton Ryan Suter will sign with the Wild which means about 95% chance of Parise as well

  15. #35
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We got em both!!!!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quite the free agent coup for the Wild. Exciting day for the team and the fans.

  17. #37
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    I wonder if there is anybody in the Twins front office watching and taking notes. This is how you excite a fanbase.

  18. #38
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dave St Peter is counting down the days until the winter classic January 1 2014

  19. #39
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    My guess - the Wild just sold out their building for the season.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    Again, its a 10+ year contract NOT ONE OR TWO YEARS! If Pittsburg gets Parise, good luck finding a way to sign Malkin next year. If they get Parise, they will likely trade Martin this year. Minnesota has a much more talented farm system, which be the guys who will be on the team when they are in a position to make a run.

    Minnesota will get 6 million off the books next year with Backstrom alone. Cullen will be soon to follow with another 3.5 million. By the time the Wild make a major run, Hetley's 8 million might be off the books as well.

    I don't even think Parise is the right fit for the Wild, but when someone talks as if they know hockey so well only to comes across as a dolt, I feel the need to laugh. Congrats if your Pens get Parise, I would rather have Malkin.

    You think any of the Wild's prospects have a chance to be a Neal, Malkin, or Crosby? They do have an impressive crop of prospects, but they aren't NHL superstars. All three of those guys are. In the end, they didn't get Parise, so the point is moot. But again, the Penguins are going to be on top in the East as long as they have Malkin and Crosby. And I'd be willing to bet that they will make a run at the cup every year of Crosby's new contract. Time will tell. -I'm not a Penguins fan, and who the **** calls someone a dolt?



    13 years 98 million for each player........ Wow. Anyone know how much the Wild get if they host a Winter Classic? Seems to be one of the bigger goals for Leipold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.