Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zach Parise

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From what it sounds like we didn't even offer the most money. The biggest draws where the two of them playing together, and playing in Minnesota.
    How often is playing in Minnesota a plus? Lets hope the Twins and others can get this type of street cred.
    I bent my wookie...

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They had bigger offers out for them as individuals but they took less to play together.

Fantastic Day for Wild Fans!

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    So what does it shape-up like at this point? Along these lines I think:

Granlund-Koivu-Parise
    Heatley-Cullen-Setoguchi
    Bouchard-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
    Zucker-Powe-Mitchell

Suter-Gilbert
    Scandella-Spurgeon
    Stoner-Falk

Not bad - when Croyle, Phillips, and Brodin especially get slotted in the near future this team has serious upside. Especially if they can go out and land a true number 2 center with the money coming off the books with Cullen and Bouchard.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Granlund is a pure center, next to no chance Zucker makes the team out of camp he's behind at least Coyle among prospects plus a guy like Velliux or Dowell are going to have a good chance of making the roster because the last 2 guys will be healthy scratches half the time.

Granlund may be a center long-term, but I'm expecting the Wild to pair him with Koivu most of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Granlund may be a center long-term, but I'm expecting the Wild to pair him with Koivu most of this year.

I wouldn't get your hopes up with that! Koivu is going to center Heatley and Parise/Setoguchi combo -more than likely just Parise. Like Fatbeer said, Granlund is a center. He'll get Setoguchi and Cullen/PMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

I wouldn't get your hopes up with that! Koivu is going to center Heatley and Parise/Setoguchi combo -more than likely just Parise. Like Fatbeer said, Granlund is a center. He'll get Setoguchi and Cullen/PMB.
    I thought I heard Granlund's face-off skills were weak? Some people were suggesting he'd play wing due to that. Can't seem to find where I read that though.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If he can win 40% of face-offs nobody's going to worry to much about it. He'll probably be on the 1st PP along with Parise and Koivu and probably won't be on the PK, that eliminates most big face-offs.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plus if your looking at euro face-off stats don't be so sure they calculate it the same as we do. Wouldn't be suprised if the don't award a face-off win if the puck gets kicked around a little.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Plus if your looking at euro face-off stats don't be so sure they calculate it the same as we do. Wouldn't be suprised if the don't award a face-off win if the puck gets kicked around a little.
    I'm just passing along something I remember hearing when he signed a few months back. A couple hockey guys had said he may need to start at wing while he works on face-offs.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought I heard Granlund's face-off skills were weak? Some people were suggesting he'd play wing due to that. Can't seem to find where I read that though.
    Face-off rules are different in Europe, I'm pretty sure you can't use your skates or glove to win a faceoff. The NHL also is making a faceoff rule change for next year, which is good.

Rule 76.4: Both players facing-off are prohibited from batting the puck with their hand in an attempt to win the face-off. Any attempt by either center to win the face-off by batting the puck with their hand shall result in a minor penalty. This penalty shall be announced as a minor penalty for delay of game. Once the face-off is deemed complete, and the winner of the face-off is clear, hand passes shall be enforced as per Rule 79.

http://fans.wild.nhl.com/community/t...ct-out-of-him/

There you go Leviathan. Probably everything you wanted to know about Granlund and more - from a Rube's perspective anyways.

26 pages in that thread Joe...was there something in particular?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So what does it shape-up like at this point? Along these lines I think:

Granlund-Koivu-Parise
    Heatley-Cullen-Setoguchi
    Bouchard-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
    Zucker-Powe-Mitchell

Suter-Gilbert
    Scandella-Spurgeon
    Stoner-Falk

Not bad - when Croyle, Phillips, and Brodin especially get slotted in the near future this team has serious upside. Especially if they can go out and land a true number 2 center with the money coming off the books with Cullen and Bouchard.
    I agree with your comments about upside and our dmen pairings. I think your lines are off though.

Heatley-Koivu-Parise
    Cullen/Bouchard-Grandlund-Setoguchi
    Cullen/Buchard-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
    Veilleux-Powe-Mitchell

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mitchell push for 3rd line time as well. When we need some fighting or size Kassian or Konopka.

Konopka wins almost 60% of his faceoffs and I believe the Wild signed him to skate a regular shift so I would think he will be centering the 4th line. Veilleux has a two way contract so he will probably be in Houston or the press box waiting for an injury.

26 pages in that thread Joe...was there something in particular?

Nope. Kinda like the 8 page thread on BJ Hermsen when he got drafted - all Verve's starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nope. Kinda like the 8 page thread on BJ Hermsen when he got drafted - all Verve's starting.
    Nice. I read over a chunk of it. I'm encouraged by the kid. It would help this team a lot if he could play center.

Though I'm a big fan of this team going after Getzlaf in 2013 if he hits the market. Or trade and resign him with the money we're shedding.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    10% chance the season starts on time. Good thing we have college hockey. LETS GO HUSKIES!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123