Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Zach Parise

  1. #1
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Zach Parise

    If the Wild offer him the money it seems they will he's coming here. If you can make the cup finals in New Jersey you can do it here. Pittsburg doesn't have the money to give him the biggest offer, and hockey players more then anyone else need to be all about the money because the top paid hockey player makes about 40-50% of what the top baseball or basketball player makes. Not to mention hockey players and agents know what kind of young talent the Wild are brining in. If it's not Minnesota or New jersey I'd bet it's some team out of nowhere, and not Pittsburgh or Detriot.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    If the Wild offer him the money it seems they will he's coming here. If you can make the cup finals in New Jersey you can do it here. Pittsburg doesn't have the money to give him the biggest offer, and hockey players more then anyone else need to be all about the money because the top paid hockey player makes about 40-50% of what the top baseball or basketball player makes. Not to mention hockey players and agents know what kind of young talent the Wild are brining in. If it's not Minnesota or New jersey I'd bet it's some team out of nowhere, and not Pittsburgh or Detriot.
    Play with the 2 best players in the NHL........ or play with Miko Kouivu. It's going to be a tough sell for the Wild management. There isn't a single reason for him to sign in Minnesota outside of being from here. Detroit has the same amount of money as the Wild, and Pitt has enough to make him an almost equal one. One of the biggest edges the Wild have is their ability to sign both Suter and Parise.

    My best guess though, Suter signs with Detroit. Parise signs with Pittsburgh. Wild sign Shane Doan, Jason Garrison, and Jamie Langenbrunner. They'll sign an enforcer too that can actually skate, unlike Kassian.

  3. #3
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like he's going to Pittsburg. I wonder how quickly he'll learn how to dive. What a jerk.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Sounds like he's going to Pittsburg. I wonder how quickly he'll learn how to dive. What a jerk.
    Where are you seeing this?

    And yeah, it seems like the smart move on his part to play there. Wild fans are going to be distraught even though they never even had a chance....

  5. #5
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was a rumor that Pittsburg was a done deal in the middle of the day, but now it looks like he'll make his decision in the morning and people in the know say the Wild are still in it. Based on the offers I've heard discussed I would say the Wild is the front runner with New Jersey in the mix if they can up there offer. Pittsburgh just won't have the money, and with Crosby's concusions and the difficulty they will have keeping Malkin after next year they just seem like a bad option if he wants to win a cup.

  6. #6
    Ecklund is saying the Penguins are offering more money than they gave Sidney..............

  7. #7
    Senior Member Double-A DJSim22's Avatar
    Posts
    120
    Like
    47
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Play with the 2 best players in the NHL........ or play with Miko Kouivu. It's going to be a tough sell for the Wild management. There isn't a single reason for him to sign in Minnesota outside of being from here. Detroit has the same amount of money as the Wild, and Pitt has enough to make him an almost equal one. One of the biggest edges the Wild have is their ability to sign both Suter and Parise.

    My best guess though, Suter signs with Detroit. Parise signs with Pittsburgh. Wild sign Shane Doan, Jason Garrison, and Jamie Langenbrunner. They'll sign an enforcer too that can actually skate, unlike Kassian.
    Play with two of the best in the NHL, one who is likely to miss half of the games, and the other who they will have trouble signing after next season. One could argue the Wild are set up better than Pittsburg. I'd be more concerned about Detroit. They are old, but they have a superior front office who keeps them near the top.

    The Wild signed Kassian to a two year contract for 1.15mil, so I'm not sure why you expect another enforcer signed. Garrison sign with Vancouver for 6 years 27 mil.

    All that said, I'm not going to be crushed if Parise goes elsewhere. A Crosbylike contract might tie us down ala Mauer. Parise isn't real speedy and is not a sniper nor a defensemen. Those are the three area's we need most. Parise on the team certainly makes them better, but I'm not sure he's the guy you spend all the money on.
    Last edited by DJSim22; 07-01-2012 at 07:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last thing I heard on Parise the Red Wings are a long shot. Sutter is still looking at the Wild. If the two end up together it will either be here or maybe Philly. If they can't go together Sutter will probably sign with the Wings and Parise will decide between the Penguins and here assuming New Jersey can't come up with a better offer. I almost get the feeling that we get Sutter if we get Parise, good chance the two are talking tonight. Don't know if the Flyers can afford both of there offers to the two or just one. Don't really see a scenario where we get just Sutter although I kind of feel like that would be ideal.

  9. #9
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By the way we signed another enforcer this afternoon Konopka from Ottawa who can win draws to for whatever thats worth

  10. #10
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    There was a rumor that Pittsburg was a done deal in the middle of the day, but now it looks like he'll make his decision in the morning and people in the know say the Wild are still in it. Based on the offers I've heard discussed I would say the Wild is the front runner with New Jersey in the mix if they can up there offer. Pittsburgh just won't have the money, and with Crosby's concusions and the difficulty they will have keeping Malkin after next year they just seem like a bad option if he wants to win a cup.
    There wasn't any legit rumor of Parise to the Penguins being a done deal, Pierre McGuire said the Penguins were the frontrunner and that was the closest anyone said.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Last thing I heard on Parise the Red Wings are a long shot. Sutter is still looking at the Wild. If the two end up together it will either be here or maybe Philly. If they can't go together Sutter will probably sign with the Wings and Parise will decide between the Penguins and here assuming New Jersey can't come up with a better offer. I almost get the feeling that we get Sutter if we get Parise, good chance the two are talking tonight. Don't know if the Flyers can afford both of there offers to the two or just one. Don't really see a scenario where we get just Sutter although I kind of feel like that would be ideal.
    Yeah it sounds like if the Wild get Parise they'll get Suter to.

    Flyers reportedly have offers to both Parise and Suter potentially 12 years $110 million.
    Last edited by Jason; 07-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    One could argue the Wild are set up better than Pittsburg.
    One could argue a lot of things, but anyone who would argue this would know little, if anything, about hockey. You can argue about Crosby being healthy all you want, but in the end they still have the best player in the NHL and a franchise goaltender and franchise player in Neal. The wild have solid prospects that may turn into franchise players. Huge difference. Malkin, Crosby, Neal, and Andre-fleury haven't even hit their primes yet!!! Koivu is just as big of injury risk as Crosby, and half the player.

    Asinine.

  12. #12
    As far as Parise goes, someone mentioned that he wants to be the go-to guy in the franchise. If this is the case, Minnesota is clearly better than Pittsburgh. Think about, they would roll out the red carpet, and treat him like a King. In Pittsburgh, he would have a much better shot at winning, but that's Crosby's team.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by striker_86 View Post
    As far as Parise goes, someone mentioned that he wants to be the go-to guy in the franchise. If this is the case, Minnesota is clearly better than Pittsburgh. Think about, they would roll out the red carpet, and treat him like a King. In Pittsburgh, he would have a much better shot at winning, but that's Crosby's team.
    Who mentioned him wanting to be the go to guy? And what would make you think it's crosbys team?

  14. #14
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If crosby goes down and Parise gets 10 million cap hit they have next to no chance at a cup, and Fleury is no better then any goalie making the league minimum nor is Backstrom or Luango. keep in mind they did just lose a player who is very comparable to Parise in Staal. That situation is a disaster waiting happen the Wild will have major trade flexibility when the contracts of Heatly and Backstrom expire, and the prospects to make any deal they want. If the Pittsburgh situation was a slam dunk he would have no trouble making the decision.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    If crosby goes down and Parise gets 10 million cap hit they have next to no chance at a cup, and Fleury is no better then any goalie making the league minimum nor is Backstrom or Luango. keep in mind they did just lose a player who is very comparable to Parise in Staal. That situation is a disaster waiting happen the Wild will have major trade flexibility when the contracts of Heatly and Backstrom expire, and the prospects to make any deal they want. If the Pittsburgh situation was a slam dunk he would have no trouble making the decision.

    Haha. Ok. I think it wa decided long ago at BYTO that you are a hockey mastermind. There are other teams in on him as well you know- Detroit, Chicago, New Jersey......

  16. #16
    Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,668
    Like
    155
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    To be honest, I wonder if this is really the best time for the Wild to be splashing like this anyway. I'd almost rather they wait until Backstrom's deal is off the cap and we could take a run at guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Fisher, Roy, etc.

    If they both come here that's great - they are losing a ton of money next season with Bouchard and Backstrom gone, but this team's bright future isn't for a few years at least. (If at all...)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    To be honest, I wonder if this is really the best time for the Wild to be splashing like this anyway. I'd almost rather they wait until Backstrom's deal is off the cap and we could take a run at guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Fisher, Roy, etc.

    If they both come here that's great - they are losing a ton of money next season with Bouchard and Backstrom gone, but this team's bright future isn't for a few years at least. (If at all...)
    They have to make a splash though. For the record, I'm not really in favor of the Wild going all in with a ridiculous 10 year 12 million per contract either for Parise or Suter, but the Wild's fan base is absolutely waining. I believe they had a 30% of season ticket holders not renew this past year (I believe that was the %). If they don't win this year, hockey in Minnesota is going to take a backseat to Timberwolves basketball. That would be a disaster for ownership.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Double-A DJSim22's Avatar
    Posts
    120
    Like
    47
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    One could argue a lot of things, but anyone who would argue this would know little, if anything, about hockey. You can argue about Crosby being healthy all you want, but in the end they still have the best player in the NHL and a franchise goaltender and franchise player in Neal. The wild have solid prospects that may turn into franchise players. Huge difference. Malkin, Crosby, Neal, and Andre-fleury haven't even hit their primes yet!!! Koivu is just as big of injury risk as Crosby, and half the player.

    Asinine.
    Let's talk when Crosby is out, Malkin walks next year, when they have no defense, with Fluery the overrate goalie. You are right, you are a great hockey mind. If a guy looking for a 10-12 year contract is only looking at next year like you are, he better get an advisor.

  19. #19
    Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,668
    Like
    155
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    They have to make a splash though. For the record, I'm not really in favor of the Wild going all in with a ridiculous 10 year 12 million per contract either for Parise or Suter, but the Wild's fan base is absolutely waining. I believe they had a 30% of season ticket holders not renew this past year (I believe that was the %). If they don't win this year, hockey in Minnesota is going to take a backseat to Timberwolves basketball. That would be a disaster for ownership.
    I think they're just waiting for something to get behind. Even the inkling of the playoffs would bring them back. But I agree that the team is struggling to stay relevant. I just think a weak FA class is a bad time to start unloading money, because they will end up way overpaying these guys.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    Let's talk when Crosby is out, Malkin walks next year, when they have no defense, with Fluery the overrate goalie. You are right, you are a great hockey mind. If a guy looking for a 10-12 year contract is only looking at next year like you are, he better get an advisor.
    Soooo, even with Crosby out for all but what? 20 games this year, they were 2nd best in the East? Oh dang.... Shucks. 100+ points.

    As long as Pittsburgh has Malkin and Crosby, they will always be in the chase for the cup. When healthy, they are the two best players in the NHL (you can argue Al Ovechkin in there too). And what makes you think that Crosby isn't healthy? The Pens just gave him a new ridiculous contract. Do you know something they don't? Again, they are 24 and 25 too. They haven't even hit their prime. Throw Neal into that mix..... Wow. Is the Pen's defense really that bad? Or just average? Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik, and Paul Martin would be the best d-man on the Wild. Maybe even Niskanen???

    The entire core is signed for two more years anyways.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

    If the Wild spend 10+ million on someone like Suter and Parise, especially each, they are putting themselves in a worse salary cap situation than Pittsburgh down the line with FAR inferior players. You're not going to win championships when the best player on your team is Miko Koivu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.