Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/03/2012, 6:05pm

  1. #61
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    So Blackburn's next start [insert laugh here] would normally be on Sunday, just before the all-star break. Does he make it? Will Walters be ready in time (he pitched 4 innings in Rochester on Sunday)?

  2. #62
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Do you know who statfreak is?
    No, who is he?

  3. #63
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,509
    Like
    12
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Just somebody that I think you'd get along with.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Posts
    363
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Looks like Burton to close it out...be nice to tack on a insurance run or three!

  5. #65
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    So Blackburn's next start [insert laugh here] would normally be on Sunday, just before the all-star break. Does he make it? Will Walters be ready in time (he pitched 4 innings in Rochester on Sunday)?
    Take a look at Samuel Deduno in Rochester. He has been injured most of the year but now he is back. Deduno has pitched 42 innings, has an ERA of 2.14, a WHIP of 1.17, 22 walks and 46 strikeouts. Other than the walks, these seem to me to be excellent stats.

    Deduno is somewhat old to be regarded as a prospect -- he turned age 29 yesterday -- but at this point who cares. If he can be the right handed Scott Diamond for 2 to 3 years, then that would be a very good thing.

    Deduno has a history of giving up a lot of walks, but he is having his best year ever this year, and it's not as if the Twins have many options that they have not yet tried.

  6. #66
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,708
    Like
    33
    Liked 793 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    He's allowed to do that?

  7. #67
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Just somebody that I think you'd get along with.
    A BYTO alum?

  8. #68
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,509
    Like
    12
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    He's allowed to do that?
    I'd like to see him do it with runners on, but I guess you can't be picky....

  9. #69
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    He's allowed to do that?
    It made sense at the time -- I had made a prediction that came true, which happens very rarely, and I was excited that Plouffe was on the verge of a grand slam. Sorry, but I get excited when it seems like something very good is about to happen.

  10. #70
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,509
    Like
    12
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    A BYTO alum?
    I guess alum could be used as a way to describe him.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Posts
    363
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Joe!

  12. #72
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I guess alum could be used as a way to describe him.
    Has he come over to TD?

  13. #73
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,708
    Like
    33
    Liked 793 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    It made sense at the time -- I had made a prediction that came true, which happens very rarely, and I was excited that Plouffe was on the verge of a grand slam. Sorry, but I get excited when it seems like something very good is about to happen.
    No, heh. I was talking about Mauer's dinger.

  14. #74
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    Thanks Joe!
    Mauer with power is fun to see -- maybe he is getting jealous of Plouffe and Willingham and has decided to try for more homers?

  15. #75
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Take a look at Samuel Deduno in Rochester. He has been injured most of the year but now he is back. Deduno has pitched 42 innings, has an ERA of 2.14, a WHIP of 1.17, 22 walks and 46 strikeouts. Other than the walks, these seem to me to be excellent stats.

    Deduno is somewhat old to be regarded as a prospect -- he turned age 29 yesterday -- but at this point who cares. If he can be the right handed Scott Diamond for 2 to 3 years, then that would be a very good thing.

    Deduno has a history of giving up a lot of walks, but he is having his best year ever this year, and it's not as if the Twins have many options that they have not yet tried.
    Interesting. I admit I hadn't been thinking about him, but looking at his numbers they're pretty good. Low opponent avg, decent GO/AO ratio. At this point, why not? He last pitched yesterday, and he looks to be stretched out from his injury - he could be ready for Sunday.

  16. #76
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    No, heh. I was talking about Mauer's dinger.
    Whoops. I was afraid that you were going to cast some moderator spell on me for quoting my own post.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    301
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Every time Joe disagrees with a call (1-0) the umpire should just apologize and change the call.

  18. #78
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Plouffe hitting one out now would make me VERY happy.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Posts
    363
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Doumit just misses aagain!

  20. #80
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,513
    Like
    2,357
    Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I would send Dozier down for a few weeks and bring Florimon up.

    Dozier seems overwhelmed, Florimon is a defensive wizard, and either Florimon could surprise with the big league club or Dozier could build confidence in Rochester.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.