Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/03/2012, 6:05pm

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is something wrong with Burton??? this is 4 days in a row for Glen if I remember correctly and Burt and perk were supposed to share closer duties..

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    Is something wrong with Burton??? this is 4 days in a row for Glen if I remember correctly and Burt and perk were supposed to share closer duties..
    C'mon, we've heard that before. Gardy likes having one person in the job, whether he admits it or not. Personally, I might have leaned toward Burton - Perkins has had a tendency to "make things interesting" this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I would send Dozier down for a few weeks and bring Florimon up.

Dozier seems overwhelmed, Florimon is a defensive wizard, and either Florimon could surprise with the big league club or Dozier could build confidence in Rochester.

Yeah IDK what to do with him...I'm on recored saying let him work it out here and he has shown flashes defensively despite the errors but he's really struggled at the dish..would'nt hate the prospect of Florimon for a few weeks I guess.

Blog Entries
    So if I had told you, before the series started, that in the first two games the Twins starter would be chased early, and the Twins would win both games - would you have believed me?

Blog Entries
    Too bad you can't name a group of people to be our all-star representative - if anybody has earned it this year, it's the bullpen as a group.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    C'mon, we've heard that before. Gardy likes having one person in the job, whether he admits it or not. Personally, I might have leaned toward Burton - Perkins has had a tendency to "make things interesting" this year.

That was my point.. made it look easy tonight though..Twins Win!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Twins win 5 in a row!

Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    So if I had told you, before the series started, that in the first two games the Twins starter would be chased early, and the Twins would win both games - would you have believed me?
    No, but that makes it all the sweeter. And who knows what will happen tomorrow with Verlander against Duensing.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would send Dozier down for a few weeks and bring Florimon up.

Dozier seems overwhelmed, Florimon is a defensive wizard, and either Florimon could surprise with the big league club or Dozier could build confidence in Rochester.
    Dozier has been putting up some nice games recently. Let him stay with it.

Would the Twins consider sending Parmelee to Rochster and calling up a 13th pitcher?

Blog Entries
    Look out, folks! We're only 1-1/2 back of Kansas City.

Blog Entries
    Josh Willingham in the post-game interview: "We didn't get the best out of Blackie; he's better than that."

Well, half right.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    First 40 games: 13-27
    Second 40 games: 22-18

Suppose someone had told you on the eve of opening day that on July 4th, the Twins would be 3.5 behind the Tigers and with basically the same record as the Phillies; would you have imagined that both of those things could be true and the Twins would still be in last place with the 2nd-worse record in the American League?

I'm not optimistic about making in 6 in a row with Verlander going tomorrow, but it sure would be sweet if it happened.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins are trying to save Burton's arm for the rest of the year, because he is coming off of arm surgery and they don't know how long he will last this year.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Burton, the Twins didn't want to use him today. They are trying to keep his arm in top shape until the All-Star game. Burton hasn't had a healthy year in quite a while and the Twins want to make sure he stays available.

Dozier did go 0-5, but I saw his last two ABs. Both were pretty solid, although he didn't come through in the end. I didn't see his other ABs, but if he is extending ABs as he did on the last two, he will be fine.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8 runs on 10 hits despite only going 1-10 with RISP. That strikes me as unusual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pius Jefferson View Post
    Would the Twins consider sending Parmelee to Rochster and calling up a 13th pitcher?
    As much as I hate carrying 13 pitchers, especially with three catchers, it probably isn't a bad idea. They basically have regulars at every position, with Mastro and Casilla as the bench. They really don't need Parmelee and it isn't helping him to sit on the bench.

Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post

Dozier did go 0-5, but I saw his last two ABs. Both were pretty solid, although he didn't come through in the end. I didn't see his other ABs, but if he is extending ABs as he did on the last two, he will be fine.
    I saw the same ABs, and he did a good job fouling off what he could not hit. But it seems to me that he might benefit from a few weeks in Rochester, and Florimon is worth a closer look.

I hope that you are correct about Dozier being fine.

Blog Entries

Deduno

Take a look at Samuel Deduno in Rochester. He has been injured most of the year but now he is back. Deduno has pitched 42 innings, has an ERA of 2.14, a WHIP of 1.17, 22 walks and 46 strikeouts. Other than the walks, these seem to me to be excellent stats.

Deduno is somewhat old to be regarded as a prospect -- he turned age 29 yesterday -- but at this point who cares. If he can be the right handed Scott Diamond for 2 to 3 years, then that would be a very good thing.

Deduno has a history of giving up a lot of walks, but he is having his best year ever this year, and it's not as if the Twins have many options that they have not yet tried.
    I saw Deduno is ST and thought he looked kind of impressive. I did also start a prospect thread for him. His numbers have been very good since he has come back to the rotation. He's had a cup of coffee with both San Diego and Colorado.

After hearing Gardenhire, I think Blackburn is out of the rotation. Deduno or Walters could be put in his place. Rick Anderson said that they thought that Walters needed at least another rehab start so if they go to Rochester it could be Deduno.

Blog Entries
    BTW, pretty good work from not the usual suspects--Gray, Waldrop, Robertson--when the bully was down to those three plus Perk for an inning. Gardenhire says that Perkins is out for tomorrow and that Burton is available.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast