Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/03/2012, 6:05pm

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Oswalt's ERA is now 7.79. Maybe the Rangers would take Blackburn for Oswalt?
    ---This should change by then, but as of now, the scheduled pitching matchup for Sunday's final game before the AS break - Blackburn vs. Oswalt!

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Where are all the "DFA Gray" guys? They were circling every blog a couple weeks ago. Glad people are shutting up about it. He has been on when the games matter, not so much when they don't. He is 5-0! And nice to see Waldrop and Robertson hold there own against a good tigers lineup. I dread the day Capps comes back.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    ---This should change by then, but as of now, the scheduled pitching matchup for Sunday's final game before the AS break - Blackburn vs. Oswalt!
    So maybe we could trade just before the game starts and surprise both of them.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Where are all the "DFA Gray" guys? They were circling every blog a couple weeks ago. Glad people are shutting up about it. He has been on when the games matter, not so much when they don't. He is 5-0! And nice to see Waldrop and Robertson hold there own against a good tigers lineup. I dread the day Capps comes back.
    I am a Gray fan and agree that he does not get enough credit. I did commend him in an earlier post on this thread.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by the good job done by Waldrop and Robertson.

Beating the Tigers is almost as satisfying as beating the White Sox, and this was truly a team effort, both on offense and defense.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 599 Times in 229 Posts
    Jeff Gray is still a lousy pitcher with no future here, that hasn't changed.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Jeff Gray is still a lousy pitcher with no future here, that hasn't changed.
    He's essentially a less homer happy version of Bob Wells.

Blog Entries
    If Gray keeps pitching like he has the last month or so he will have a future here. He will be very cheap and the Twins like there cheap pitchers. He's not a closer or a setup guy but he does what you need to do as a middle reliever.

Blog Entries
    He's not much worse than Guerrier but a fourth the price and you people loved him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456