Thread: Adrian Peterson arrested

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 42 Times in 14 Posts

Adrian Peterson arrested

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-all-on-video/

For now, the events leading to the Saturday morning arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson arenít clear. Soon, they likely will be.
    A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the incident culminating in Petersonís arrest was captured by one or more surveillance cameras. Multiple persons also witnessed the event.
    According to the source, Peterson, his girlfriend, and some family members were at a nightclub in Houston. At closing time, a group of police officers entered the club, and they began instructing the remaining patrons to leave.
    Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the clubís bouncers.
    Itís believed that one of the officers then jumped on Petersonís back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: ďtried.Ē) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.
    Peterson was charged with resisting arrest, which implies he was being arrested for something else. He is charged for now with no other crime.
    Multiple witnesses recorded portions of the incident with their phones, but itís currently believed that the best view of the interaction between Peterson and the police will come from the surveillance camera(s) at the club.
    Keep checking PFT ó or perhaps YouTube ó for more details.

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Word is he was really drunk. With that in mind, this whole sequence makes a lot of sense.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why is it that so few TWINS players get in trouble with the law, and so many VIKINGS players do?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinzgrl View Post
    Why is it that so few TWINS players get in trouble with the law, and so many VIKINGS players do?
    Is this the most indirect playing of the race card ever done?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know there aren't all that many black baseball players, but name one who's been arrested recently. A heck of a lot of white football players get arrested. People that play football suck at life.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My take - football is a much more intense sport; it attracts a more intense personality (of all racial backgrounds). That carries over into off-field behavior as well.

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TMZ has the "arrest video". Nothing you can take away from it, other than there is one club-goer who states she is "Adrian's friend" really loudly.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/08/adrian...-arrest-video/

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    My take - football is a much more intense sport; it attracts a more intense personality (of all racial backgrounds). That carries over into off-field behavior as well.
    Roid Rage.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The idea that you can be arrested for resisting arrest is about the most confusing thing in the universe.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    The idea that you can be arrested for resisting arrest is about the most confusing thing in the universe.
    heh, yeah that whole thing seemed fishy to me.

"arrest him for existing arrest for now! We will pin something on him later"

10 minutes later

"oh sh*t, it's Adrian Peterson!"

I'm not a fan of bringing up race, but I'm quite confident race had a lot to do with this in Texas..

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    His lawyer said the cops/bouncers were all black and hispanic. But the charge is pretty backwards as Kobs points out. Has to be something he did to be arrested in order to resist.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Is this the most indirect playing of the race card ever done?
    Never been called a racist before. Don't really like the implication. I guess I became disillusioned with the bad behavior of the Vikings back in the Tommy Kramer era--he was white, right? In fact, my favorite Twins players as a kid were Tony O, Sandy Valdespino, and Cesar Tovar. I loved Harmon, too. That doesn't make me a racist though, right? Torii Hunter is my all time favorite Twin. Loved Puckett, too, as a ballplayer, not so much as a cheating and abusive husband. I've always thought of the Twins as a "League of Nations" which is awesome--and they just seem to have very few run ins with law enforcement.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Never been called a racist before. Don't really like the implication. I guess I became disillusioned with the bad behavior of the Vikings back in the Tommy Kramer era--he was white, right? In fact, my favorite Twins players as a kid were Tony O, Sandy Valdespino, and Cesar Tovar. I loved Harmon, too. That doesn't make me a racist though, right? Torii Hunter is my all time favorite Twin. Loved Puckett, too, as a ballplayer, not so much as a cheating and abusive husband. I've always thought of the Twins as a "League of Nations" which is awesome--and they just seem to have very few run ins with law enforcement.
    Your post did not strike me as racist, and I think that the response was possibly tongue in cheek.

I was also a big fan of Cesar Tovar and Tony Oliva.