Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Game Recaps on Twins Daily?

  1. #1

    Game Recaps on Twins Daily?

    Something I would love to see on this site is a section where we could go to read a detailed recap on every game played by a Twins affiliate, and some stories/profiles on Twins minor leaguers. I know this stuff is available and scattered elsewhere, but I'd love to see Twins Daily as a one-stop shop. Thoughts guys?

  2. #2
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,298
    Like
    1
    Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    231
    I'll let Seth reply, because I know he's thought about this a lot more than I have.

    I will say this - just about anything like that is possible if it is a team effort. That is, if we organized members outside of Seth, Nick, Parker and I to bring that kind of information together consistently. That's really what we're trying to establish here: a community that can organize and do amazing things without it all being controlled centrally.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,925
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Great question! I certainly plan on writing game updates and highlights from all Twins minor league games. Most likely, it'll be in one blog each night. I hope to also do player stories throughout the season as well. I love following the Twins minor league system and hope to bring that full to this site as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can do Beloit on a daily basis, get to most of the home games as well as 40% of road games, also take a lot of pictures at the games. Photos can be seen in my signature, also posted a blog post that I would be doing that for this year.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    557
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    I can do Beloit on a daily basis, get to most of the home games as well as 40% of road games, also take a lot of pictures at the games. Photos can be seen in my signature, also posted a blog post that I would be doing that for this year.
    You must really be excited for this upcoming season considering some of the names Beloit will be featuring this year. I am trying to talk the wife into doing a family road trip to Beloit some time this June. I threw in the idea of a detour to Wisconsin Dells which made her a little more open to the idea.

  6. #6
    Right on, righty8383....I will be proposing a Beloit trip as well. The Snappers are going to be stacked.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    You must really be excited for this upcoming season considering some of the names Beloit will be featuring this year. I am trying to talk the wife into doing a family road trip to Beloit some time this June. I threw in the idea of a detour to Wisconsin Dells which made her a little more open to the idea.
    The dells are awesome,I live just outside of Milwaukee and get to just about every game. If you are coming in June , and perfer to do autographs I would reccomend coming for the June 17th game against Burlington, and then head a hour and a half down to Kane County for the MWL All star game and homerun derby on the 18 and 19th. The whole MWL is going to be loaded this year. The only thing is that if you are forced to stay in Beloit, there is literally nothing to do other than walk on the river walk, or go to a movie theater. My Graduation party is on June 17 so I will not be at that game, I will be shooting the ASG/HRD the next 2 days. If anyone needs any tips about Beloit, and the surrounding area's just lmk and I'd be happy to share.
    --JT--
    Adrian Salcedo
    Sano
    Rosario
    Boer-(if he is moved to starter)
    Gruver
    Shibuya
    Levi Michael
    Goodrum-by June
    Kepler- by June

    Kane county
    Bubba Starling
    Cheslor Cuthbert

    Burlington
    AJ cole

    Cedar Rapids
    CJ Cron
    Caleb Cowart
    Taylor Lindsey
    Nick Maronde
    Cam Bedosrian

    Peoria
    Javier Baez- this is a reach
    Dillon Maples
    Reggie Golden

    Wisconsin
    David Goforth

    Clinton
    Guillermo Pimentel

    Quad Cities
    Tyrell Jenkins

    Great Lakes Loons
    Chris Reed

    Lansing Lugnuts
    Noah Syndergaard
    Justin Nicolino
    Aaron Sanchez
    Dwight Smith JR
    Daniel Norris

    Bowling Green
    Mikie Mahtook- if he has a hot start I don’t expect him to be in BG for long
    Parker Markel
    Ryan Brett
    Jake Hager
    Josh Sale
    Granden Goetzman

    Dayton
    Robert Stephenson

    South Bend
    Archie Bradley
    Andrew Chafin
    Anthony Meo

    West Michigan-Similar to the Brewers farm system, really have only 1 or 2 potential Blue Chip prospects to develop.
    Benny Paulino
    Fort Wayne
    Joe Ross

    Lake County
    Francisco Lindor
    Luigi Rodriguez
    Tony Wolters
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

  8. #8
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Thanks for the offer. I have my son sold on a trip to Beloit when the Twins are out of town in may. I have a feeling some of those prospects will get a promotion before the summer is over, so it is best to catch them early in the season.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I have my son sold on a trip to Beloit when the Twins are out of town in may. I have a feeling some of those prospects will get a promotion before the summer is over, so it is best to catch them early in the season.
    Levi Michael and Shibuya will prob will be gone in July, but Sano and Rosario are probably gonna be in Beloit the whole year, recent Highschool draft picks/signees in the Twins system who have started in Beloit and stayed for a whole year, Hicks(was 19 when he started in Beloit, spend 1.5 years here),Revere,waldrop,Morales,Ramos. The Twins love to keep their young guys in Beloit, anyone drafted out of college likely will only spend half a year if that in Beloit.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

  10. #10
    I'll be happy to do game recaps for the 10 or so Rock Cats games I go to this season.
    I can upload photos, too.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  11. #11
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    557
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you for shating all that JT. I was thinking a Sunday Monday. My days off are Monday and Tuesday so this way I would only have to use one vacation day(Sunday). The 3rd and 4th look good. I was also thinking the 10th and 11th. I noticed they play the Wisconsing Timber Rattlers in Appleton which is an even shorter drive away from the Twin Cities.

  12. #12
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,925
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    I just signed up for the Twins Train trip to Quad Cities and Beloit (June 1-3)... It's one Snappers game in the cool Quad Cities Stadium and one game in Beloit. Should be fun to experience. Check out the trip here: http://www.twins-train.com/. Hopefully we can get a bunch of Twins Daily folks on the Twins Train!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I just signed up for the Twins Train trip to Quad Cities and Beloit (June 1-3)... It's one Snappers game in the cool Quad Cities Stadium and one game in Beloit. Should be fun to experience. Check out the trip here: http://www.twins-train.com/. Hopefully we can get a bunch of Twins Daily folks on the Twins Train!
    QC is cool stadium, definitley one of the top in the MWL (behind Fort Wayne,Dayton)

    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Thank you for shating all that JT. I was thinking a Sunday Monday. My days off are Monday and Tuesday so this way I would only have to use one vacation day(Sunday). The 3rd and 4th look good. I was also thinking the 10th and 11th. I noticed they play the Wisconsing Timber Rattlers in Appleton which is an even shorter drive away from the Twin Cities.
    I will be at the games on the 10th and 11th in appleton, I am going to be shooting in the Pit for one of those games, and my brother will be in the pit for the other. Appleton has a very nice stadium, as well as a lot of nice promotions. On that Sunday it is Brewers Sunday, where they will wear Brewer Themed jersey's which look sick. The T-Rats are awesome at promotional stuff. Also Green Bay is only a half hour away, at the best team in the NFL plays there. Also the oshkosh trip mall is one of the biggest in the USA which is about 45 minutes away from Appleton There is a lot more stuff to do in Appleton/Oskosh/Green Bay than Beloit. That Sunday game will be backed though
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

  14. #14

    Minor League Reports

    Having daily updates of all of the minor league teams would be great. I always went to Seth's site first during the season looking for updates. If there was nothing there, I would have to go to each of the minor league team's websites and find the box score. Any and all minor league coverage will be appreciated.

  15. #15
    Last edited by NHDadUmp; 02-26-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.