Thread: Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Credit goes to the new Manager of the Red Wings. Instead of crying in the corner he has helped keep the team interested and competitive despite a bad start, the upstate NY media who wants to run them out of town and a roster that changes daily.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Credit goes to the new Manager of the Red Wings. Instead of crying in the corner he has helped keep the team interested and competitive despite a bad start, the upstate NY media who wants to run them out of town and a roster that changes daily.
    Agreed. And I can't help but think that this keeps the players in better shape to play for the Twins.

It's good to hear that Joe Benson may be getting back on track.

Doesn't suprise me that the Twins would sign a Goldsmith. Could be very valuable for the pholads.

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does Joe Benson still have that hippie hair? If so, he needs to take a page out of Babe Plouffe's playbook and chop it off. Maybe that will get his fortunes turned around.

Nice write-up, Jeremy. Boy, this has been a forgotten year in Joe Benson's career. Hopefully he can have a solid couple months rehabbing and working his way back up the ladder.

It's funny how all the Twins outfield discussion lately has centered on Span, Revere, Hicks and Arcia, but let us not forget that just a year ago Benson was looking pretty good.

Phil Nevin is the manager for the Mud Hens. Yet another warning sign that I may be starting to get old...

Nevin should have known Oliver was done for the day once he gave up the first hit to Nishioka.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Whew, finally some good news on the Joe Benson front. I hope the wrist is healed up and he can start his push back up the ladder.

Agree that it is good to see some signs of Joe Benson turning things around. Hopefully he can work his way back into the discussion of the Twins wealth of outfield talent in the minors.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you're not following it on the draft signings thread, here's what you missed today.

LJ Mazzilli didn't sign. Neither did Erich Knab.

Zach Larson signed for 190K. (90K counts against cap.)

The soap opera that is Andre Martinez took another turn. He signed for 80K. His physical turned up some shoulder issues. That's why he was signed, then "unsigned".

Jarrett Leverett may or may not have actually signed, a UCL tear turned up in his physical, so he's not with the organization... whether that's because he was signed/released or just not signed after a failed physical is up to your interpretation.

It appears that the Twins left $298,500 unspent in their draft pool, meaning they spent a tick under $12 million.

In all honesty, if you would have told me that Twins were going to spend $12 million on this draft, I would have told you they would acquire more talent than they actually did. I am a big fan of Buxton and Berrios though and if a couple of the bullpen arms can develop and Walker's power develops, this could be a very successful draft.